Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6D5N Taiwan

Default Re: 6D5N Taiwan

Quote Originally Posted by timwongek View Post
    Hi! Summer season is also typhoon season. Met the Typhoon Morakot there last year myself.
    The first day in Taipei the weather was good.. but too hot for me..!!! abt 27c.
    and last 2 days was raining the whole day.... so cant do much stuffs....

In Taiwan...
    the weather will be rain and hot.......

Quote Originally Posted by garyphoon View Post
    I am going Taiwan in 2 weeks time for 10D9N. Will be going to Sun Moon Lake, Yangmingshan, Danshui, Juifen then Taipei.

Stuffs going to bring:
    1 Canon 500D
    1 Tamron 17-50mm f2.8
    1 Canon 50mm f1.8 (NO NEED)
    1 Battery Grip
    3 LP-E5
    1 Charger
    1 Flash (NO NEED)
    4 Rechargeable batteries (NO NEED)
    1 Charger (NO NEED)
    1 Tripod (NO NEED, Will landed in your hotel room)
    2 8GB SD Card
    1 Laptop (NO NEED)
    1 Harddisk (NO NEED)
    Still considering whether want to bring my Loewepro Flipside 300

Planning to go taipei to check whether their Lens and accessories is it cheaper.
    Anybody know?
    All the stuffs in Taiwan will be EX.. because of the high import taxes.
    don't forgot to bring along umbrella for the rain and hot sun....

Quote Originally Posted by timwongek View Post
    So! that how u guys train for IPPT!
    I was excuse from IPPT since the day I joined the Army....

plane tix should cost you $500+ per pax. Hotel 3 star can get at $80-90 per night. Food is cheap. But think will still be around $1200-1500 per person. What's more if you buy stuff like clothing fr there. A lot of good ladies clothing fr the Wu fen Pu whole sale centre.

Oh yah! Hotels are generally a lot cheaper if you call and book instead of booking online. Try that to save around $20 per night.

Quote Originally Posted by speedfactory View Post
    i also wanna get there but i do not know, how much is the air ticket hotel price and how much should i bring.

Me too planning for a 6D5N Taiwan in taipei. My buget is around S$2K is it enough for two people? Inculding hotel stay(no need to be 5 Star but at least a 3 or 4 star), air ticket(buget airline also can) and food there?

Please advise?
    Last edited by timwongek; 17th May 2010 at 04:43 PM.

i also wanna get there but i do not know, how much is the air ticket hotel price and how much should i bring.

Me too planning for a 6D5N Taiwan in taipei. My buget is around S$2K is it enough for two people? Inculding hotel stay(no need to be 5 Star but at least a 3 or 4 star), air ticket(buget airline also can) and food there?

Please advise?
    Hi, S$2K is not enough. The air ticket is around S$450 - S$500 per head and hotel room is S$100 per night for 2 person in Ximending. So air tickets plus hotel stay will be S$1500. $500 is not enough for food and transportation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post
    All the stuffs in Taiwan will be EX.. because of the high import taxes.
    don't forgot to bring along umbrella for the rain and hot sun....
    Sad. I was expecting sunny weather because I will be traveling to senic areas. If it is rainning, then it will spoil the trip. I want to take senic picture there.

Yap. Hope the sun work on that day.
    Life through the Lens

Quote Originally Posted by startrails View Post
    Hi people!

Heading to Taiwan in a few days time. Bringing my kit that consists of:

Canon Powershot S90
    Gripped Canon EOS 40D
    EF-S 17-55 w hood
    EF-S 10-22
    580EXII
    2 x 8GB SD
    2 x 8GB CF
    6 x 40D batteries
    2 x S90 batteries
    12 x eneloop batteries
    1 x mini tripod
    are u going on a training to climb mount Everest? I don't even bring so much to shoot weddings.
    Ditch the SLR.
    Bring a S90 along can le .

Blog Entries

Please advise?
    erm. mine was i think 6 day 5 nights. each person abt 1.4k tat time cause winter. then we are free and easy. just hired one bus to bring us where we wanna go.

if follow tour, shld be cheaper. ours was last minute booking so yea.
    generally 6 days, 3-4 pairs of jeans, maybe every 1-2days 1 shirt. wont bring too much around like tat. jacket bring 1 if scared cold

thanks for your reply, hai then still need to save up more money liao......
    Pentax K-x, Pentax Super A, Tamron 17-50 f2.8, Tamron AF70-300mm, Pentax-M 50mm f1.7

Actually, you will be surprised how convenient Taipei public transport is. You can go ANYWHERE by MRT, HSR, Train, bus n boat. Transport is cheap too. Even Jiu Fen is easily accessible by train n bus.

Another tip to save money. At the airport, take a 10min bus to Taoyuan HSR, take that to Taipei Main Station and then take MRT to Ximenting or whereever your hotel is. Taxi is around $55. The trip above is around $10+ per person. SAme way to travel from hotel to airport.

Get their stored value card or Yo You ka if you're only staying in Taipei. can be used for MRT, boat n bus rides.
    Last edited by timwongek; 17th May 2010 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cosycatus View Post
    are u going on a training to climb mount Everest? I don't even bring so much to shoot weddings.
    Ditch the SLR.
    Bring a S90 along can le .
    !! oh well.. IQ of the 40D with 17-55 sure beats the S90's one.. S90 for self portraits mah.. need to take more pics of the girlfriend and myself.. can't do that with the cumbersome DSLR...

Quote Originally Posted by garyphoon View Post
    Sad. I was expecting sunny weather because I will be traveling to senic areas. If it is rainning, then it will spoil the trip. I want to take senic picture there.
    Well, it's on and off weather ba.. wind is chilly though! condensation is a problem, so, rmb to air your cam and don't leave it in the bag when u're outside..

Please advise?
    i got my ticket from jetstar @ approx $673(2way for 1 person).. a little ex cuz i book late.. if it was earlier 1 week it was $5xx.. u can try that(but i don't recommend if u're travelling alone, it's FREAKING BORING.), or Cathay Pacific.. China Airlines also can.

I booked a hotel at zhongshan area.. costed me SGD$420 for all days. u can try this website: www.agoda.com and look through and see the budget hotels they offer.. u can read some reviews by customers too, before making ur decision. they have hotels all over the place to, be mindful of where u select before committing to the booking.

and i changed SGD$750 for daily expenses for 2. Travelled to Hsinchu, stayed one night there cuz by the time we were done it was too late to go back, then back to Taipei.. Eat, shop everything la.. ended up with about NT$3000 before i left for SG.. the money went to my GF to settle her stuffs.

hope that gives u a rough idea.. oh, to add a little, my gf and me don't really do much shopping.. so ya maybe u'd like to factor that into consideration. do go with proper planning and try to stick to the schedule.. and have wet weather programs.. if not, u'll waste a trip there..

hope it helps!
    Canon EOS 6D|EF 24-70L|EF 16-35 f2.8L II|EF 70-200 f4L IS|580EXII|

My advice for the hotel will be better to stay near by to Taipei Station.
    cos taipei station will the interchange station so will be easy for you to move around by taking the train.

Train cost will be from NT$20 onward.....Is very cheap..!!!

Quote Originally Posted by startrails View Post

i got my ticket from jetstar @ approx $673(2way for 1 person).. a little ex cuz i book late.. if it was earlier 1 week it was $5xx.. u can try that(but i don't recommend if u're travelling alone, it's FREAKING BORING.), or Cathay Pacific.. China Airlines also can.

I booked a hotel at zhongshan area.. costed me SGD$420 for all days. u can try this website: www.agoda.com and look through and see the budget hotels they offer.. u can read some reviews by customers too, before making ur decision. they have hotels all over the place to, be mindful of where u select before committing to the booking.

and i changed SGD$750 for daily expenses for 2. Travelled to Hsinchu, stayed one night there cuz by the time we were done it was too late to go back, then back to Taipei.. Eat, shop everything la.. ended up with about NT$3000 before i left for SG.. the money went to my GF to settle her stuffs.

hope that gives u a rough idea.. oh, to add a little, my gf and me don't really do much shopping.. so ya maybe u'd like to factor that into consideration. do go with proper planning and try to stick to the schedule.. and have wet weather programs.. if not, u'll waste a trip there..

hope it helps!
    I had to pay all the expanses for my gf and I, as she didn't earn much and still need to support. So if i wanna bring her there i had to save up more money before i go, and this is what i intend to do haha.

Anyway thank you so much on the info you given.
    Pentax K-x, Pentax Super A, Tamron 17-50 f2.8, Tamron AF70-300mm, Pentax-M 50mm f1.7

i'm spending approximately 1.1k to 1.2k for 10D9N at Taiwan. hired a driver for 3 days to bring us around from farm to hualien to jiufen and then back to taipei
    Canon 7D | 50mm F1.4 | Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX HSM | Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM

i will be there tomorrow for 2 weeks! wil update you guys the weather..
    but then, i wonder if its a holiday, why do you guys want to carry so many gears?
    you are supposed to enjoy the trip!

i will only bring my new toy! sony tx5... more than happy liao!!!
    The thing that i fear the most, is that my pictures will bore you to death...

I am also going there tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mrleech View Post
    SQ noon flight? I will see u there tomorrow then!!!
    The thing that i fear the most, is that my pictures will bore you to death...

Quote Originally Posted by tammyt View Post
    SQ noon flight? I will see u there tomorrow then!!!
    No leh. I poor... Taking China Airlines. Morning flight.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyt View Post
    i will be there tomorrow for 2 weeks! wil update you guys the weather..
    but then, i wonder if its a holiday, why do you guys want to carry so many gears?
    you are supposed to enjoy the trip!

i will only bring my new toy! sony tx5... more than happy liao!!!
    haha! that's good, travel light! don't make photography ur main point of travelling.. just pure enjoyment and take in the scenes there!

Quote Originally Posted by mrleech View Post
    Enjoy yourself!

A little live update on the weather from my gf in Taiwan.. it's getting warmer there! maybe can ditch your warmer clothes for singlets and stuff.. ok that might be a little overkill ya but u get the idea..

on a greater note, more photography opportunities! i hope i spelt that right..

those going, please take care and travel safe k!
    Canon EOS 6D|EF 24-70L|EF 16-35 f2.8L II|EF 70-200 f4L IS|580EXII|

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast