Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: buy new dslr

Default Re: buy new dslr

Quote Originally Posted by firework View Post
    yup,i join on jun 2009,but that time no budget,now got sis sponsor then must get good one lol....
    firework,
    i recommend that u buy 2nd hand cam and play around with it... u really need to spend lot of time shooting pic b4 u really know u like tis hobby or not. Tis can save ur sis hard earn $$. Don have to go for high-end cam, the setting/weight/complexity will discourage u. Look at the photo column, many great photo are from entry level cam.. it is ur skill to produce great photos, not the cam.. lastly, hope u enjoy ur new hobby..

hi,do 2nd hand cam provided warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by hotsshooter View Post
    firework,
    i recommend that u buy 2nd hand cam and play around with it... u really need to spend lot of time shooting pic b4 u really know u like tis hobby or not. Tis can save ur sis hard earn $$. Don have to go for high-end cam, the setting/weight/complexity will discourage u. Look at the photo column, many great photo are from entry level cam.. it is ur skill to produce great photos, not the cam.. lastly, hope u enjoy ur new hobby..

Deregistered

hi,do 2nd hand cam provided warranty?
    Some yes,some no.

Need receipt and warranty card to prove that warranty is still valid

i see,think will get brand new set..

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Some yes,some no.

Need receipt and warranty card to prove that warranty is still valid

Hi Firework, you have been asking for a recommendation since last year... till now you have not bought your DSLR/digicam? Last year your budget is 3K only right?
    Olympus Digicam

Quote Originally Posted by rgborj View Post
    Hi Firework, you have been asking for a recommendation since last year... till now you have not bought your DSLR/digicam? Last year your budget is 3K only right?

i think TS has more or less decided to buy Canon 5d Mark II and Nikon D700 .. hopefully he can post some great photos for us to view.

Firework, you have heard some sincere and honest advice from CS members, you can decide now what DSLR to buy, with your budget, we are sure it won't be any issue to get a good one 5D or D700... We hope to see your pics posted here soon, we will be waiting for it.
    Olympus Digicam

ya.will go down shop try out Canon 5d Mark II and Nikon D700 .

i think TS has more or less decided to buy Canon 5d Mark II and Nikon D700 .. hopefully he can post some great photos for us to view.

no pressure, but if you decide to jump straight into FX, and your photos turn out not to be decent, I'll you for wasting your sister's money...

hahahahaha
    Exploring! :)

hi,anyone can recommend me a dslr camera?
    i am newbie here...budget 5k....
    what brand and model are good?
    just a question what sort of photography do you wish to delve in as it would decide the camera lens system?

take it you buy a full frame camera..
    For events, you are looking at maybe a 24-70 f2.8
    For sports, you are looking at maybe a 70-200 f2.8
    For portrait, you are looking at maybe a 85mm f1.4/50mm f1.2
    For macro, you are looking at maybe a 100mm f2.8

My opinion is if you can, visit the canon and nikon showrooms to have a feel of the cameras first.
    Last edited by Reportage; 5th May 2010 at 07:39 AM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

hi,thakns for ur reply,i definitely will visit canon and nikon showrooms to have a feel of the cameras ..

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    just a question what sort of photography do you wish to delve in as it would decide the camera lens system?

take it you buy a full frame camera..
    For events, you are looking at maybe a 24-70 f2.8
    For sports, you are looking at maybe a 70-200 f2.8
    For portrait, you are looking at maybe a 85mm f1.4/50mm f1.2
    For macro, you are looking at maybe a 100mm f2.8

My opinion is if you can, visit the canon and nikon showrooms to have a feel of the cameras first.

haha,this question i already ask my sis,she said money can earn back,just go ahead what i like,no worry,but i believe more pratice will improve,

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    no pressure, but if you decide to jump straight into FX, and your photos turn out not to be decent, I'll you for wasting your sister's money...

hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    your potential budget is certainly impressive, and you're very lucky for it.
    However, I would advise you to start simple and learn about photography basics first. There's no shame in buying a simple setup and learning the ropes first. The entry-mid models usually have a lot more automated features, which help to get you going on the long road of discovery and learning. After that you can sell off the entry level stuff for a small loss, and move on to something more feature-rich.
    Fully agree on that.
    But it seems that TS is being pampered by sister, there goes all reasonable thinking
    EOS

haha,this question i already ask my sis,she said money can earn back,just go ahead what i like,no worry,but i believe more pratice will improve,
    well, especially if you get the D700, and you find it doesn't live up to your expectations (maybe a D3X will suit you better, who knows?), don't forget me...

I'll be first in line for your discards...

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Btw: since more than 9 months now you are pondering about the same topic? What is missing in all the previous answers given to you?
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527599
    don mind i ask this question..your join date is june 2009 and until may 2010 then u start to buy cam... in bet months u are still searching for cam??
    hope no offence..
    Quote Originally Posted by rgborj View Post
    Firework, you have heard some sincere and honest advice from CS members, you can decide now what DSLR to buy, with your budget, we are sure it won't be any issue to get a good one 5D or D700... We hope to see your pics posted here soon, we will be waiting for it.
    Weird, same topic keeps revising?

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Weird, same topic keeps revising?
    just feel strange why TS took such a long months (approx 11 mths) to decide which cam to buy and keep on asking the same question over and over..

ya la,very strange la...

just feel strange why TS took such a long months (approx 11 mths) to decide which cam to buy and keep on asking the same question over and over..

lol dont have a good feeling about someone totally new to DSLR buying a full frame =/
    i just got my entry-level cam and i'm still struggling abit with it.
    But then again i may just be another retarded slow-learner lol.
    Canon EOS 60D | EF-S10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | EF50mm f/1.8 II | (EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM if only!)

Blog Entries

You sure more practice is all you need? Check out the dude in the following thread. After 1 year of practicing, now thinking to go back to PnS.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=691453

Learn how to crawl, then walk, then fly. I do not recommend jumping directly into D700, if the only budget you have will get you the camera body and 1 lens only. FX lenses are very expensive. And you will need accessories, flash, tripod, remote. dry cab, etc etc etc... One of the main joys of a DSLR system is in its flexibility, i.e. changing lenses, attaching flashes, etc etc etc....

Unless you are one of those "for show types", wear camera like wearing jewelry and go how-lian prancing around. Then I recommend you go for Leica instead, lighter and look even more "pro".
    Last edited by daredevil123; 6th May 2010 at 09:47 AM.

agree with you...
    There's a certain amount of naivety being shown here... as though buying a "good" camera and lens will enable one to take great photos.

I liken it to getting a Porsche 911 upon passing one's driving test. Who wouldn't want one? But which newbie driver can really make use of the Porsche's additional abilities...?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast