Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Muvo 2

I bought the player ($415 at Funan)... but when I tried to updae the firmware (downloaded from Creative), the program said the player is not connected But I could transfer files fine.... did you encounter the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    I bought the player ($415 at Funan)... but when I tried to updae the firmware (downloaded from Creative), the program said the player is not connected But I could transfer files fine.... did you encounter the same problem?
    Err thats weird. I didnt have any problem like that. Did you have the battery inside? I think thats a must for upgrading firmware. Try going into recovery mode by first shutting down the Muco and while holding on to the play button, plug in the power cord. Then select connect to PC and plug in the USB cable and see.

hi,
    can you let me know which shop you bought it from?
    415 is very cheap rite?
    i intend to get one too.

Thks.

I managed to install the firmware. The next problem I faced is the lack of the appropriate screw drivers will probably go and buy today.

asdfasdfadsf, I bought from Royale on the 5th floor. Heard that Cybermind is selling cheaper at $409.

hi, did you get your driver here?:

kk.. will check out cybermind soon.
    thks
    I managed to install the firmware. The next problem I faced is the lack of the appropriate screw drivers will probably go and buy today.

asdfasdfadsf, I bought from Royale on the 5th floor. Heard that Cybermind is selling cheaper at $409.

mpenza, is the filmware version you just installed version 10.11.01e? just to double confirm.

Hows the 4gb drive performing?

I heard that because it has moving parts, it won't last long

is it true?

I don't know whether to investe in it and to have it die in 1 or 2 years, or just invest in several 512 and 1gb cards

Blog Entries

Default 4gb!

Quote Originally Posted by FLiNcHY
    Hows the 4gb drive performing?

I heard that because it has moving parts, it won't last long

is it true?

I don't know whether to investe in it and to have it die in 1 or 2 years, or just invest in several 512 and 1gb cards
    actually, as long as u dun send ur 4GB MD for an airborne course, it shld last pretty long. latest gen of MD are not like the early gen IBM MD. definitely worth it lor, IMHO! ms color quoted me like $325 for a 1GB haigawara CF. i just paid abt $60 more for a 4GB.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    actually, as long as u dun send ur 4GB MD for an airborne course, it shld last pretty long. latest gen of MD are not like the early gen IBM MD. definitely worth it lor, IMHO! ms color quoted me like $325 for a 1GB haigawara CF. i just paid abt $60 more for a 4GB.
    agree,
    the firs 340MD was quite problematic. I had been using a 1Gb MD for my trips and it worked perfectly fine for me. i even brought it with me to skii and it functioned normally at abt zero degrees.

I heard that Creative is already changing the interface of the muvo's MD to ide, such that we cannot use it as a CF2. Heard the modified batch is coming into singapore market anytime. Is that true? Is SLS still selling the old batch? anyone recently bought one of these drives from sls? does it work?

Thats untrue. Hitachi would have to custom make their MD for creative if creative were to want to have it sealed.
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfasdfadsf
    I heard that Creative is already changing the interface of the muvo's MD to ide, such that we cannot use it as a CF2. Heard the modified batch is coming into singapore market anytime. Is that true? Is SLS still selling the old batch? anyone recently bought one of these drives from sls? does it work?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12