Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Help with Muvo 2

  1. #1

    Default Help with Muvo 2

    Ok i took the plunge and got myself a Muvo 2 mp3 player and ripped out the MD for my camera. But now it refuses to work with my type I CF cards. Tried with a Ridata and also a Sandisk but still getting 'Media Error' when i turn the Muvo on. I did upgrade the firmware to the latest one before i ripped it out. Can anyone advice?

    Thank you.

  2. #2

    Default

    Oh the 4GB MD works like a charm on the camera.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Read somewhere in other threads here that you need to remove the partition on the CF card. Then when you plug in you will need to do the recovery procedure, something like press and hold the "play" button, then you can use the firmware loader to load the firmware in.

    P.S.: I'm not responsible if anything goes wrong. Just relaying some of the information I read. I don't own a Muvo2.

  4. #4

    Default

    Still cannot. Keep getting the Media Error thingy when i try to reload the Firmware. And when connected to my PC, it refuses to detect the Muvo....

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klipsch
    Still cannot. Keep getting the Media Error thingy when i try to reload the Firmware. And when connected to my PC, it refuses to detect the Muvo....
    i read somewhere in clubsnap that the player only recognise microdrive 1Gb or larger.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    i read somewhere in clubsnap that the player only recognise microdrive 1Gb or larger.
    No there are people who got theirs to work with solid state CFs too.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klipsch
    No there are people who got theirs to work with solid state CFs too.
    Yes, but its extremely fussy about which brands/types of flash CFs it accepts. So I wouldn't count on it to work with your CF card.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klipsch
    Ok i took the plunge and got myself a Muvo 2 mp3 player and ripped out the MD for my camera. But now it refuses to work with my type I CF cards. Tried with a Ridata and also a Sandisk but still getting 'Media Error' when i turn the Muvo on. I did upgrade the firmware to the latest one before i ripped it out. Can anyone advice?

    Thank you.
    What are the capacities of the CF's that you tried on the MuVo2? Speed?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laokayu
    What are the capacities of the CF's that you tried on the MuVo2? Speed?
    Tried it with 2 old cards. Speed i am not very sure. One is a Ridata and the other a Sandisk. Both 128mb.

    After inserting the cards and powering up, it sends me straight into the Recovery Menu. After which none of the six functions work. All i get is Media Error when i try to format, reload firmware etc. So sad...

  10. #10

    Default

    And whats worse is when connected to my PC, it doesnt even recognise the Muvo anymore. Else can flash the firmware again.

    And yes i did upgrade to the latest firmware before i took out the 4GB.

  11. #11

    Default

    Or anyone has the image of the original 4GB MD and wont mind sending to me? Thanks.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klipsch
    Tried it with 2 old cards. Speed i am not very sure. One is a Ridata and the other a Sandisk. Both 128mb.

    After inserting the cards and powering up, it sends me straight into the Recovery Menu. After which none of the six functions work. All i get is Media Error when i try to format, reload firmware etc. So sad...
    The MuVo likes the Sandisk more than most other brands. Also, I have got it to work only with 256MB and above.

    And you can get the original Sandisk 256MB at <S$100.

  13. #13

    Default Muvo Firmware

    hi bro...like laokayu said...muvo like sandisk more than other brands...just make sure that the firmware u used is the latest from Europe though...do a search on webby and u can find it...


  14. #14

    Default

    Hey guys thanks for your advices.Ok will go out and get a 256mb Sandisk. And yes Dino, my firmware is the latest one from Creative.

  15. #15

    Default

    Ok plugged in a 256MB Sandisk and its all good now. Thanks again to all who replied.

  16. #16

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klipsch
    Ok plugged in a 256MB Sandisk and its all good now. Thanks again to all who replied.
    hi bro, where and how much did u get your Sandisk 256MB? I also need to get one and work with my Muvo shell. All my other cards (ridata, transend, and 340 MD) cannot work with it. sigh...

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    could you share what to do to make the sandisk work? Is loading the new firmware in before pulling out the microdrive?

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomshen
    hi bro, where and how much did u get your Sandisk 256MB? I also need to get one and work with my Muvo shell. All my other cards (ridata, transend, and 340 MD) cannot work with it. sigh...
    Got mine at $85 from one of the sim lim shops on 4th floor. Didnt notice what the shop name was though. Sorry mate. And good luck with it!

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    could you share what to do to make the sandisk work? Is loading the new firmware in before pulling out the microdrive?
    Yeah i uploaded the latest firmware and then extracted the MD. Then put this one in, formatted and reloaded the firmware and voila.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •