Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast

Thread: Tang Shooters LXXXIX - TCSS Thread...

Member/Tangshooter

Default Re: Tang Shooters LXXXIX - TCSS Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu View Post
    zeiss is good lol
    zf mount mean need to but eos to nikon adapter
    no no... if use EOS body, then cannot auto-index also... you need to use Nikon body itself.

Quote Originally Posted by lkkang View Post
    WOW !!! interesting facts

I will choose the ZF mount carlzeiss for macro shoots.

F2 is easier to focus at dim lights ( night macro ). It will help a lot during focusing with the auto-Indexing or auto-aperture feature in this lens. If you take Leica ( although sharper ), you will have problem opening and closing your aperture.

Sharpness wise, I think all 3 lenses are good.
    1) how often do u suut at f/2 for macro (regardless day/night)? f/2 is too shallow considering if u suut lifesize 1:1. most people are using f/16-22 to get more DOF for 1:1 lifesize (don't talk about shooting at 1:2 onwards)

2) in most night macro shoots, you will be using a torch for focusing purpose, AND you will be using your flash/strobe anyway, so leaving aperture at f/16-22 does not matter much.

Blog Entries

Leeporking libe prom foolnan~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pauche View Post
    jimmy korkor, chiur favourite FFN ish rooking for chiu!
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...89#post6056289
    Wa ran eh!! Dun scare me rei

1) how often do u suut at f/2 for macro (regardless day/night)? f/2 is too shallow considering if u suut lifesize 1:1. most people are using f/16-22 to get more DOF for 1:1 lifesize (don't talk about shooting at 1:2 onwards)

2) in most night macro shoots, you will be using a torch for focusing purpose, AND you will be using your flash/strobe anyway, so leaving aperture at f/16-22 does not matter much.

pro tio si pro!

Member/Tangshooter

precisely my point...

you will need big aperture to focus. With Auto-Index, you can focus at the biggest aperture while you set to smaller aperture setting to get the most DOF.

F2 is easier to focus at dim lights ( night macro ). It will help a lot during focusing with the auto-Indexing or auto-aperture feature in this lens. If you take Leica ( although sharper ), you will have problem opening and closing your aperture.

Sare mah roo cens ...

De Zeiss is brightest and solid performance, but has CA ploblems so need to always soot in RAW and correct.

Reika ish still de KING, but only by a small margin. Also only 1:2. The need for an adapter to use on EOS is de bummer cos unless one gets a super precise adapater which costs a lot, there will be some degradation. Or not sure if the entire mount can change to Nikon K. Stop down metering and sooting, means focus wide open, close down then meter and soot. If not doing precise macros, den no worries.

The Voight is oredi a mystical, elusive rare beast. Eventho in de charts looks lower, in real life if soot side by side, they will look the same sharpness wise. Focusing in low light ish not a ploblem - not much difference between f/2 and f/2.5.

Holso, among all de maklo renzes, the Voight has been known to remain a constant f/2.5 when you get down to the MFD, whereas all other maklo renzes will get darker and darker. I never measured but this is one of de 'phenomenoons' said about de Voight.

Reika I tink has the best korror among de three if you like saturated. Zeiss is typical contrasty Zeiss - beri nais! Voight is different. Not better, not worse ... just 'different'. Have to see foe yourself to judge.

If anoder Butties getz a Zeiss, wesh kan cum togetler and soot test shots among all three renzes!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy81 View Post
    Wa ran eh!! Dun scare me rei
    i think she likes your hairy arms?

Is she realli dat bad?

Flom what I can gather, considering I ish 'outsider', she has a lot more strength and determination than a lot of piple ... even if sum piple sayz ish self-dellusion ... ish just sayin ...

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    i think she likes your hairy arms?
    she rike his hairy arms.
    he rike her 發菜!!!

.. thanks for the input, I can see the convenient of the ZF mount. That's only the MTF50 (FF) for center evaluation I put up. There's the mid and border to look at as well. I also have the MTF50 (APSC) as consideration as well. Besides, there are other stuff like CA, LoCA, flare/ghosting, Vignet, Color/details resolution and lens architecture.

The Leica in those other department dominates but in field test, it has one of the worst bokeh coz I don't like busy bokeh. However, it does not occur at macro stage. I'm use to MF lenses and didn't find much difficulties with f/2.8 in night portraits or landscape.

Then there's the 680 degree focus rotation against the Zeiss 360 ... highest precision in my opinion...
    651D90 Mk II cameller™ ...... "Ai Camel Mai ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Sare mah roo cens ...

De Zeiss is brightest and solid performance, but has CA ploblems so need to always soot in RAW and correct.

Reika ish still de KING, but only by a small margin. Also only 1:2. The need for an adapter to use on EOS is de bummer cos unless one gets a super precise adapater which costs a lot, there will be some degradation. Or not sure if the entire mount can change to Nikon K. Stop down metering and sooting, means focus wide open, close down then meter and soot. If not doing precise macros, den no worries.

The Voight is oredi a mystical, elusive rare beast. Eventho in de charts looks lower, in real life if soot side by side, they will look the same sharpness wise. Focusing in low light ish not a ploblem - not much difference between f/2 and f/2.5.

Holso, among all de maklo renzes, the Voight has been known to remain a constant f/2.5 when you get down to the MFD, whereas all other maklo renzes will get darker and darker. I never measured but this is one of de 'phenomenoons' said about de Voight.

Reika I tink has the best korror among de three if you like saturated. Zeiss is typical contrasty Zeiss - beri nais! Voight is different. Not better, not worse ... just 'different'. Have to see foe yourself to judge.

If anoder Butties getz a Zeiss, wesh kan cum togetler and soot test shots among all three renzes!
    .. Alllooo bbbuttie... another good MF sifu. The MTF50 is never a good chart for normal comparison coz you almost can't detect it if they are that close. If one does not intend to pixel peeps, print in full or 200% resolution, then like Ikkang said, they are all on par. Only one other lens has attained a higher MTF50 (FF), the Carl Zeiss Planar T* 100mm f/2 C/Y, not the Planar Makro unfortunately. Hence in the data I have so far, that is the MTF KING....
    651D90 Mk II cameller™ ...... "Ai Camel Mai ?"

Shoz many elite rens pros ~
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

Blog Entries

Date: Sunday, 9th May, 2010
    Time: 8.30AM at Raffles place MRT station

Photo Story based shoot
    Scene 1: Emo male drinking in alleyway with beer/wine bottle in his hands. Attire loose tie, unshaved

Scene 2: Femaie appears as photographer, taking pictures of the surrounding area.

Scene 3: Female spots male, male looks angry and tries to harm female, but stops when he realize its a female.

Scene 4: Both sit down at a table and female tries to cheer up male. In the end they xchange contact numbers.

Scene 5/final scene: Meetup again after a few weeks/hold hands/have kopi together

The objective of this shoot is to learn from each other photographer, observe how each other shoot, what angle they shoot.
    Min 2 pics for each scene, so 10 pics in total

Models:
    Male: Jimmy Tan
    Female: Ronger

Interested butties goes from here
    01. zh3ng
    02. pauche
    03. lkkang
    04. StrifeYun
    05. carnage3630 (tbc)
    06. Sock
    Last edited by Jimmy81; 3rd May 2010 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jawzsg View Post
    .. Alllooo bbbuttie... another good MF sifu. The MTF50 is never a good chart for normal comparison coz you almost can't detect it if they are that close. If one does not intend to pixel peeps, print in full or 200% resolution, then like Ikkang said, they are all on par. Only one other lens has attained a higher MTF50 (FF), the Carl Zeiss Planar T* 100mm f/2 C/Y, not the Planar Makro unfortunately. Hence in the data I have so far, that is the MTF KING....
    No leh ... chu ish de MF KING around here! Share share lil seeklet - in real life shots, the APO coatings make more difference than a slightly higher MTF reading. The newer Zeiss ranks low in my leest but if one ish hard-wrrking to avoid high-contrast edge subjects and backlit shots and do goot PP work, one can get quite stunning shots from that renz. Also, the way a renz feels in your hands when chu use it is much moar important. Even if pixel peep - there will be little diffenrece becuase we all PP to optimize de files in real-life applications. Ultimately ish how one uses de renz and light dat will make de difference.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 3rd May 2010 at 07:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Sat no outing~
    Any buttie got suggestions? Gotch a few options

1: Marina Bay sands
    2: Explore bouna vista railway track & old colonial houses
    3: Resorts world sentosa

DRAMA!!!

Date: Sunday, 9th May, 2010
    Time: 8.30AM at Raffles place MRT station

Photo Story based shoot
    Scene 1: Emo male drinking in alleyway with beer/wine bottle in his hands. Attire loose tie, unshaved

Scene 2: Femaie appears as photographer, taking pictures of the surrounding area.

Scene 3: Female spots male, male looks angry and tries to harm female, but stops when he realize its a female.

Scene 4: Both sit down at a table and female tries to cheer up male. In the end they xchange contact numbers.

Scene 5/final scene: Meetup again after a few weeks/hold hands/have kopi together

The objective of this shoot is to learn from each other photographer, observe how each other shoot, what angle they shoot.
    Min 2 pics for each scene, so 10 pics in total

Models:

01. zh3ng
    02. pauche
    03. lkkang
    04. StrifeYun
    05. carnage3630 (tbc)
    06. Sock

Mon bruise tcss
    Time:6.30pm onwards
    Date: 3/5/2010

1: Ah hee
    2: Jimmy
    3: DK
    4: musselman (drop by prom the sky)
    sorry, today OT again... just got home...
    = rOnGeR @ flickr

Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu View Post
    is this the latest list?

Sunday, 9th May, 2010

Photo Story based shoot - Story will be provide by Hee
    All photographers have to submit at least 15 photos according to the story.

Model:

01. zh3ng
    02. pauche
    03. lkkang
    04. coolsigg (sapporks!)
    05. StrifeYun
    06. carnage3630 (tbc)
    07. Sock
    you all forgot elefant~~
    Last edited by rOnGeR; 3rd May 2010 at 09:21 PM.
    = rOnGeR @ flickr

Sat no outing~
    Any buttie got suggestions? Gotch a few options

1: Marina Bay sands
    2: Explore bouna vista railway track & old colonial houses
    3: Resorts world sentosa
    not joining on sat. got date.
    = rOnGeR @ flickr

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast