Thread: Cleaning fingerprints off glossy prints

Default Cleaning fingerprints off glossy prints

What products/methods are available to clean off fingerprints from glossy prints? In the US they use this PEC pad stuff, dunno if they're available here.

Default Re: Cleaning fingerprints off glossy prints

Originally posted by Lennier
    What products/methods are available to clean off fingerprints from glossy prints? In the US they use this PEC pad stuff, dunno if they're available here.
    I use an Optical Chamois cloth for removing fingerprints from prints. Works well but don't apply too much pressure or you will damage the print.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

I tried to use lens cleaning tissue, but the mark just wouldn't go away. Ended up using more pressure, and scratched the print. I'm guessing some sort of solvent is required, I heard that lighter fluid, or 90%-100% pure alcohol (?) can be used. Can someone confirm this?

in my school darkroom we carry out the cleaning of negatives before printing with ronson / zippo fluid. I don't suppose it to have much effect on paper. you could try using photoflo in water to rinse your prints if you can afford the drying time. but make sure you dry it in a dust free or low dust place.

Default Re: Cleaning fingerprints off glossy prints

Originally posted by Lennier
    The printed pictures need 5 hours minimum to really get dry .
    Just protect the pictures for this time , and you will be safe .
    Olympus C2100 X3 - E100RS - C220
    IS/L lenses ALL :-D

Hang on, lemme clarify. The prints are actually from a pro lab, not b&w prints done in a darkroom. I don't know what the effect of putting lighter fluid or photoflo is on these surfaces...