Okay I know there are a few threads on Flickr that discuss this, but I want to ask the local photographers in Singapore about it.
What backpack would you recommend that can carry the following:
1) DSLR body + kit lens
2) Additional zoom lens
3) 3 x external flashes like SB900 or FL50
4) Tripod for camera, E.g a Benro Travel Angel or a Slik Sprint Pro II
5) 2 x Manfrotto Nano light-stands
6) Full set of ND/GND filters
7) 4 sets of Wireless triggers and receivers, can be Pocket Wizards or eBay types like Phottix/Jianisi
8) Sekonic lightmeter
9) 3 x Honl snoot grids and snoots
10) 2 x Lumiquest Big Bounce cards
11) 2 x Lumiquest softboxes
The criteria for this is a backpack which can hold EVERYTHING a strobist would need internally because in case nobody has realised it, nearly every rain cover that comes with Lowepro, Think Tank, Kata, etc CANNOT accommodate externally mounted light-stands or tripods. Meaning if you're outdoors and it starts to rain, you have to dismount any externally lashed equipment, cover the backpack with the rain cover, and then carry all the tripods and light-stands by hand. Frankly I think this oversight on the part of the designers is pretty silly? Especially since we're paying anything from a couple of hundreds to several hundreds for it. And shoulder bags are out because all the gear listed above will weigh several kilos and its not humanly possible to carry that heavy a load on one shoulder while hiking or walkabout for an entire day.
So far I've only found the following that have internal dimensions of 19" or larger:
1) Lowepro Vertex 300
2) Think Tank Airport Addicted v2.0
If anyone has any ideas or has a practical working all-in-one bag solution that they can share, please do post it here so everyone can share and admire your genius.