Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: First outdoor shoot for my bike

  1. #1

    Red face First outdoor shoot for my bike

    1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    The whole picture

    2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

    To capture the sun rays which coincides with the position of the bike.

    3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

    Moment before sun really sets in, and was chased out by the security guard.

    4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

    I feel the picture is under-exposed, by the time i went there and found a nice place to take picture for my bike, the nice sunset has already fade away. Guess prolly the sunset in the north area isn't as nice

    Last edited by knoxknocks; 3rd May 2010 at 11:34 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: First outdoor shoot for my bike

    nice bike and sky but the fence is very distracting.

  3. #3
    Member r0n1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    806

    Default Re: First outdoor shoot for my bike

    yeah nice bike. the picture is tilted to the right too.
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

  4. #4
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: First outdoor shoot for my bike

    Oooh....is that lens distortion too obvious? I think without the fence no one might notice it...

  5. #5

    Default Re: First outdoor shoot for my bike

    wah sotong rims hehe

  6. #6

    Default Re: First outdoor shoot for my bike

    if you wanted it to look more interesting/ make fence less distracting, but still use fence, you could have positioned the bike head-on towards you, with the background as the fence. then, move closer, and shoot from down-up with a short focal length (e.g. 18mm) to distort purposefully and make the bike pop out of the fence/sky background.

  7. #7

    Default Re: First outdoor shoot for my bike

    Quote Originally Posted by zackery88 View Post
    nice bike and sky but the fence is very distracting.
    Quote Originally Posted by r0n1n View Post
    yeah nice bike. the picture is tilted to the right too.
    Thanks for your c&c Will take note..

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Oooh....is that lens distortion too obvious? I think without the fence no one might notice it...
    Which part? Pardon me, as i don't see any, prolly cos i'm new to photog.

    Quote Originally Posted by wannabes View Post
    wah sotong rims hehe

  8. #8

    Default Re: First outdoor shoot for my bike

    Quote Originally Posted by aprilmoon92 View Post
    if you wanted it to look more interesting/ make fence less distracting, but still use fence, you could have positioned the bike head-on towards you, with the background as the fence. then, move closer, and shoot from down-up with a short focal length (e.g. 18mm) to distort purposefully and make the bike pop out of the fence/sky background.


    What you mean is something like this?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the Sea
    Posts
    366

    Default Re: First outdoor shoot for my bike

    blueacidic. ur bike is sibei chio omg.

    haha anyway on to ur photo, ur 2nd shot is definitely better. u could go even lower and closer up to feature more of the bike in my opinion the bike could also be positioned at a slight angle facing away from you.

    cheers,
    marc

  10. #10

    Default Re: First outdoor shoot for my bike

    Quote Originally Posted by divingnemo View Post
    blueacidic. ur bike is sibei chio omg.

    haha anyway on to ur photo, ur 2nd shot is definitely better. u could go even lower and closer up to feature more of the bike in my opinion the bike could also be positioned at a slight angle facing away from you.

    cheers,
    marc

    Thanks for the compliments and advice! I really love my bike as well

    Yeah many people also said that i should have went closer to feature more of the bike. But what i wanted to take actually was the scenery and the bike together, instead of the bike filling up the picture, thus the reason why i posted up the first picture instead.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,350

    Default Re: First outdoor shoot for my bike

    Try positioning your bike further away from the fence?

    I can't think of anything else I'd try changing right now. Maybe you could try using a CPL to remove the reflections in the 2nd pic. It looks harsh and the contrast is low.

  12. #12

    Default Re: First outdoor shoot for my bike

    Quote Originally Posted by aspenx View Post
    Try positioning your bike further away from the fence?

    I can't think of anything else I'd try changing right now. Maybe you could try using a CPL to remove the reflections in the 2nd pic. It looks harsh and the contrast is low.
    Alright thanks for your opinion

  13. #13

    Default Re: First outdoor shoot for my bike

    1st photo bike is underexposed. try with flash at 45 degrees and bounce card.

  14. #14

    Default Re: First outdoor shoot for my bike

    maybe you can still take sunset and silhouette of bike instead.

  15. #15

    Default Re: First outdoor shoot for my bike

    Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    1st photo bike is underexposed. try with flash at 45 degrees and bounce card.
    Yeah but taking at 45 degrees would mean that i cannot have the sun rays shining and placing my bike in the center which was my intent.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    maybe you can still take sunset and silhouette of bike instead.
    Noted, thanks

  16. #16

    Default Re: First outdoor shoot for my bike

    I like the second picture, blur out the back ground fence & flash fill in will make your bike outstanding, your have a nice bike anyway.

  17. #17
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: First outdoor shoot for my bike



    Sorry I had to use your image to illustrate the distortion. See the thin straight white lines I've added across the fence (top, and below over your bike)? The top bar looks like it's bent upwards, and the bottom one bent downwards... Some lens can't handle the straight lines well, so they tend to "bend" straight lines... Without the fence behind, you might not notice the distortions at all... Otherwise you'd have to depend on photo-editing software to correct the distortions. Or do what others suggest - shoot at 45 degrees angle and avoid straight side shots. But it depends if you mind the distortion or not... Subjective from person to person.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 5th May 2010 at 12:59 PM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: First outdoor shoot for my bike

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post


    Sorry I had to use your image to illustrate the distortion. See the thin straight white lines I've added across the fence (top, and below over your bike)? The top bar looks like it's bent upwards, and the bottom one bent downwards... Some lens can't handle the straight lines well, so they tend to "bend" straight lines... Without the fence behind, you might not notice the distortions at all... Otherwise you'd have to depend on photo-editing software to correct the distortions. Or do what others suggest - shoot at 45 degrees angle and avoid straight side shots. But it depends if you mind the distortion or not... Subjective from person to person.
    Yeah i do see 'em but am wondering how to reduce this sort of distortion and is there any problem with my lens?

    Quote Originally Posted by zorki View Post
    I like the second picture, blur out the back ground fence & flash fill in will make your bike outstanding, your have a nice bike anyway.
    Thanks for your compliment and advice!

  19. #19
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: First outdoor shoot for my bike

    Quote Originally Posted by blueacidic View Post
    Yeah i do see 'em but am wondering how to reduce this sort of distortion and is there any problem with my lens?
    All lens have distortions, some in lesser degree than others. The distortions in the good ones are totally undetectable in the field. The explanations can be very long and tedious. You might wanna check out the tests done at www.photozone.de . It's a rather comprehensive test to all the known lenses out there.

    Some lens have have serious distortions at certain focal lengths, while at other lengths the distortions are unnoticeable.

    What lens are you using anyway? You'll need to be very specific.

  20. #20

    Default Re: First outdoor shoot for my bike

    I'm using the 18-55 Canon standard kit lens which came with my 550D body.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •