Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 114

Thread: kx or k7

  1. #21

    Default Re: kx or k7

    Well, its ur choice. So must be happy with it.

    As for my opinion, last time I weight Canon 50D and K7 together coz both are Semi Pro. Not 50D and K-x coz its a diff class althogether.

    Same as u weight K7 and Canon 550D, coz its diff. A semi-pro and Entry Level.

    Well, for me. I took a very long consideration on Canon 50D and Canon 500D coz I dunno should I go Semi or Entry. Then I saw Pentax. K7 and K-x, K7 is abit expansive than 50D and K-x is cheaper than 500D/550D. After checking all the performance (Pros & Cons) I realized Pentax doesnt have much of a problem. Then I see K-x damn swee and also they said ISO is better at night. Then luckily the price got even cheaper during CNY for K7 and K-x, that I finally choose K-x.

    But this is ur choice. Gud luck and have fun with ur new toy! hehehe
    Last edited by ricsal; 2nd May 2010 at 12:36 AM.
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

  2. #22

    Default Re: kx or k7

    Looks like you made your decision in a snap

    The 550D is good camera as well.
    Enjoy you new camera.



    Quote Originally Posted by takashi miyo View Post
    their service at slr revo is really gd.. i wrote on their fb wall and asked for a quote for k7. i told him tat i will be headin down today. but with only 1.5k on hand..

    he quote me 1338 + 419 for twin lens kit. total 1757. its over my budget.. he still showed me k7 and kx. i got hands on and felt it. so kind.. haha.. i was shocked to found out that SD card doesnt come together..

    i brought my friend along as well.. he asked me to check out canon 550D. so i did.. the price was rite and its within my budget. so the competition between both canon and kx.. this is where i started thinkin for petty long..

    i got canon 550D instead.. i still got spare cash to invest on other stuffs.

    and pentax no freebies.. aiyo.. canon at least comes with a EOS bag and 8gb card.. tat also another reason i chose canon....

    thank you guys once again!!

  3. #23

    Default Re: kx or k7

    How much did you pay for your 550D? I tot the price is almost double Kx? The body is already ~1.2K.. With Kit 1, it is ~1.5K... Actually, I was also considering 550D when it was first launched.. But the price is too steep for me... I am still saving up for my Kx... Hope you have fun with your 550D!

  4. #24
    Member tommyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    642

    Default Re: kx or k7

    enjoy your new toy! it's all in the FEEL at that moment of time.
    I was considering between D90 and 550D. 2 weeks before my purchase, i saw the K7 and set my mind on it.
    Guess it was love at first sight haha.

  5. #25

    Default Re: kx or k7

    Quote Originally Posted by takashi miyo View Post
    their service at slr revo is really gd.. i wrote on their fb wall and asked for a quote for k7. i told him tat i will be headin down today. but with only 1.5k on hand..

    he quote me 1338 + 419 for twin lens kit. total 1757. its over my budget.. he still showed me k7 and kx. i got hands on and felt it. so kind.. haha.. i was shocked to found out that SD card doesnt come together..

    i brought my friend along as well.. he asked me to check out canon 550D. so i did.. the price was rite and its within my budget. so the competition between both canon and kx.. this is where i started thinkin for petty long..

    i got canon 550D instead.. i still got spare cash to invest on other stuffs.

    and pentax no freebies.. aiyo.. canon at least comes with a EOS bag and 8gb card.. tat also another reason i chose canon....

    thank you guys once again!!
    Congrats on your new cam.

    If u less the eos bag and 8gb, just body to body, k-x is actually cheaper and u can do more with your cash.

    Since you bought already, 550D is still a gd DSLR with a few feature that k-x doesn't have. Enjoy your new shooting with it
    Pentax k-x / Pansonic Lumix LX3

  6. #26
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: kx or k7

    Quote Originally Posted by takashi miyo View Post
    their service at slr revo is really gd.. i wrote on their fb wall and asked for a quote for k7. i told him tat i will be headin down today. but with only 1.5k on hand..

    he quote me 1338 + 419 for twin lens kit. total 1757. its over my budget.. he still showed me k7 and kx. i got hands on and felt it. so kind.. haha.. i was shocked to found out that SD card doesnt come together..

    i brought my friend along as well.. he asked me to check out canon 550D. so i did.. the price was rite and its within my budget. so the competition between both canon and kx.. this is where i started thinkin for petty long..

    i got canon 550D instead.. i still got spare cash to invest on other stuffs.

    and pentax no freebies.. aiyo.. canon at least comes with a EOS bag and 8gb card.. tat also another reason i chose canon....

    thank you guys once again!!
    Congrats to your purchase.
    To me, freebies like bags & memory card are not the deciding factor to chose a camera. In my opinion, these freebies are not foc but already costed in the product selling price. It's just the merchant makes less, I think.
    Eventually, I buy my choice of bag that is suitable to my real needs and of the course, a faster SD card too. In the end, it's just how to meet our needs.
    Hope you can join us in our outings.
    Pentax for Life

  7. #27

    Default Re: kx or k7

    Quote Originally Posted by takashi miyo View Post
    their service at slr revo is really gd.. i wrote on their fb wall and asked for a quote for k7. i told him tat i will be headin down today. but with only 1.5k on hand..

    he quote me 1338 + 419 for twin lens kit. total 1757. its over my budget.. he still showed me k7 and kx. i got hands on and felt it. so kind.. haha.. i was shocked to found out that SD card doesnt come together..

    i brought my friend along as well.. he asked me to check out canon 550D. so i did.. the price was rite and its within my budget. so the competition between both canon and kx.. this is where i started thinkin for petty long..

    i got canon 550D instead.. i still got spare cash to invest on other stuffs.

    and pentax no freebies.. aiyo.. canon at least comes with a EOS bag and 8gb card.. tat also another reason i chose canon....

    thank you guys once again!!
    Bro.
    You sure or not? For the price of the 550D, you can buy the Kx, a bag that you like, an 8GB SD card and leftover to buy other things! And if price is a consideration, the regret will come when you need to buy stabilised lenses because the 550D does not have internal stablisation. But to each his own. I do hope you enjoy photography and join us for our outing too. Cheers
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

  8. #28

    Default Re: kx or k7

    I think in his mind initially have set it on the K7 rather than the KX.So he is comparing the price of a K7 and the 550D. No matter what, as long as he is happy ok liao.Happy shooting.

  9. #29
    Senior Member darrrrrrrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: kx or k7

    I think the black EOS bag and the Nikon freebie Lowepro bag are quite ugly

  10. #30
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: kx or k7

    Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    I think the black EOS bag and the Nikon freebie Lowepro bag are quite ugly
    That's why it is foc...
    Pentax for Life

  11. #31

    Default Re: kx or k7

    I think he's not here already, Join Canon BMT already. hahaha
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

  12. #32
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: kx or k7

    Quote Originally Posted by pentriot View Post
    Congrats to your purchase.
    To me, freebies like bags & memory card are not the deciding factor to chose a camera. In my opinion, these freebies are not foc but already costed in the product selling price. It's just the merchant makes less, I think.
    Eventually, I buy my choice of bag that is suitable to my real needs and of the course, a faster SD card too. In the end, it's just how to meet our needs.
    Hope you can join us in our outings.
    Most Canikon users who are friends of these newbies always equate freebies as real freebies not cost in . . .

    Oh well, wait till this guy wants to buy new lenses then realise that body no SR and need to buy lenses with SR then faint kekekeke . . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  13. #33
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: kx or k7

    Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    I think the black EOS bag and the Nikon freebie Lowepro bag are quite ugly
    I chanced upon the company that brings in those EOS bags and have to say the bags are really dirt cheap, don't even talk about the quality... But then again a lot of people are drawn to these so-called freebies...

  14. #34

    Default Re: kx or k7

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    I chanced upon the company that brings in those EOS bags and have to say the bags are really dirt cheap, don't even talk about the quality... But then again a lot of people are drawn to these so-called freebies...
    I've seen one from Nikon that was given free with the D60. Really very lean. No partition at all.
    These stuff are really there to entice newbies, letting them think that they are getting great value, but in fact most of the free stuff will need to be upgraded quite soon.

  15. #35

    Default Re: kx or k7

    Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    I think he's not here already, Join Canon BMT already. hahaha
    where where?

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Most Canikon users who are friends of these newbies always equate freebies as real freebies not cost in . . .

    Oh well, wait till this guy wants to buy new lenses then realise that body no SR and need to buy lenses with SR then faint kekekeke . . . .
    haha.. yea.. i knew tat.. but i nv chose nikon.. lenses cost a bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    I chanced upon the company that brings in those EOS bags and have to say the bags are really dirt cheap, don't even talk about the quality... But then again a lot of people are drawn to these so-called freebies...
    probably tats me.. haha..

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    I've seen one from Nikon that was given free with the D60. Really very lean. No partition at all.
    These stuff are really there to entice newbies, letting them think that they are getting great value, but in fact most of the free stuff will need to be upgraded quite soon.
    i see so many ppl carry the same bag..

    WilsonG, i got it for 1275 bucks

  16. #36
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: kx or k7

    Quote Originally Posted by takashi miyo View Post

    haha.. yea.. i knew tat.. but i nv chose nikon.. lenses cost a bomb
    So DO Canon . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  17. #37

    Default Re: kx or k7

    Lol,
    Just take more photos and forget about coming back to this thread.
    We will just be making more jibes at your expense

    Enjoy your new camera. Ultimately, its all about photography and the gears just facilitates it.
    Do feel free to join us for the outings.



    Quote Originally Posted by takashi miyo View Post
    where where?


    haha.. yea.. i knew tat.. but i nv chose nikon.. lenses cost a bomb



    probably tats me.. haha..



    i see so many ppl carry the same bag..

    WilsonG, i got it for 1275 bucks

  18. #38

    Default Re: kx or k7

    I would like to ask a question. Notwithstanding budget restriction, which would be a better buy - Nikon 90D. Canon EOS 550D or Pentax K-7?

  19. #39
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: kx or k7

    Quote Originally Posted by bluecool View Post
    I would like to ask a question. Notwithstanding budget restriction, which would be a better buy - Nikon 90D. Canon EOS 550D or Pentax K-7?

    What you want to use the DSLR for? Coming in here and asking the obvioous? OF COURSE the K7.

    EOS 550D is entry level. Nikon D90 is a little outdated. Pentax K7 is the semi pro DLSR
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  20. #40

    Default Re: kx or k7

    Quote Originally Posted by bluecool View Post
    I would like to ask a question. Notwithstanding budget restriction, which would be a better buy - Nikon 90D. Canon EOS 550D or Pentax K-7?
    550D is an upper entry level, D90 is a mid-ranged while the K-7 is a prosumer.

    On top of the 550D features the D90 has pentaprism, secondary LCD and second command dial.
    On top of the D90, the K-7 has weather sealing, electronic level and 100% viewfinder.

    So I'd say the K-7 gives you the best bang for your buck
    I don't subsidize marketing campaigns.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •