Thread: Difference in brightness

Default Difference in brightness

When i view my pictures on my computer screen n on my digicam's lcd there is a considerable difference in brightness. Juz wan to know how to edit tt.
    And when printing out at those photo labs will the image printed be e same brightness as my digicam lcd???..I usally take moody photos so the brightness is very important.
    Any advice???..Thanx

the camera lcd is not an accurate guage. neither is the computer screen unles you have calibrated it to the printer you are using...

The LCD on the camera is just for a rough guide only. It cannot be use to determine photo quality. As for your computer screen it will depend on thhe type of monitor and also your VGA card and needs to be calibrated. Do a test print and see if they match.

Deregistered

The LCD is always brighter than on PC screen and labs. So do post-adjustment before printing.

Some recommendations are to set the brightness to -1 and instead of viewing alone, make sure there isn't too much details missing for the highlights otherwise yep you are right, best to view it on a proper monitor.