Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Omnibounce vs other diffusers

  1. #1

    Default Omnibounce vs other diffusers

    Got a newbie qn to ask...Why is it that a Stofen Omnibounce costs more than a normal hard cap diffuser? Is it really better in any way or are you just paying for the brand name?

    btw, "let me google that for you" and "google is your best friend" are not appreciated, thanks.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Omnibounce vs other diffusers

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Got a newbie qn to ask...Why is it that a Stofen Omnibounce costs more than a normal hard cap diffuser? Is it really better in any way or are you just paying for the brand name?

    btw, "let me google that for you" and "google is your best friend" are not appreciated, thanks.
    Because the other hard cap diffusers are copies of Stofen. :P
    Alpha

  3. #3

    Default Re: Omnibounce vs other diffusers

    it's third party, that's why cheaper. work as well to me personally
    Nikon D700, N24-70 f2.8, N70-200 f2.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4.

  4. #4
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Omnibounce vs other diffusers

    why china made gitzo tripod look alike cost a fraction of the original gitzo?

    why china's copy of I-phone look alike cost a fraction of original I-phone?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Omnibounce vs other diffusers

    3rd party stuff are always cheaper, or else they wont even be able to sell. as for does it really produce the same effect, u got try out urself or ask those who have tried it before, side by side testing will be the best of coz : )

  6. #6

    Default Re: Omnibounce vs other diffusers

    Quote Originally Posted by kenny888 View Post
    3rd party stuff are always cheaper, or else they wont even be able to sell. as for does it really produce the same effect, u got try out urself or ask those who have tried it before, side by side testing will be the best of coz : )
    I believed that at least someone here would have tried it before, that's why I asked...Was asking more of performance difference than anything else.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Omnibounce vs other diffusers

    What i have noticed is that the copies give off a generally cooler flash temperature then the stofen. In the end, I rarely use the stofen as I've made a bounce card instead.

  8. #8
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Omnibounce vs other diffusers

    like all plastic, it will turn slight yellow over time. if ur application is not critical as in commercial photos, just get the cheaper version lor. it is not like if the plastic cover give way damage ur gear or it will not be compatible with newer release (unless the flash head of new release is bigger than LL lor, if smaller just DIY abit lor.)
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Omnibounce vs other diffusers

    but if you buy some cheap third party then it's easy to replace, and also, omnibounce (i am not sure but i have a friend who has one) has a texture that disperses the light more evenly along the inside of the flash.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Omnibounce vs other diffusers

    Quote Originally Posted by Draken413o View Post
    What i have noticed is that the copies give off a generally cooler flash temperature then the stofen. In the end, I rarely use the stofen as I've made a bounce card instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    like all plastic, it will turn slight yellow over time. if ur application is not critical as in commercial photos, just get the cheaper version lor. it is not like if the plastic cover give way damage ur gear or it will not be compatible with newer release (unless the flash head of new release is bigger than LL lor, if smaller just DIY abit lor.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverclaw View Post
    but if you buy some cheap third party then it's easy to replace, and also, omnibounce (i am not sure but i have a friend who has one) has a texture that disperses the light more evenly along the inside of the flash.
    Thanks for the input guys!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •