Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64

Thread: ferrari on fire

  1. #41

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by lightrules View Post
    That's exactly my first thoughts on the matter.
    ferrari being such a powerful car, one might not realise
    the handbrake is on especially if you are not used to
    the car.
    There is such a thing called "handbrake warning light" and some cars even have an audible alarm to alert u that the handbrake is still on. If this chappie ignored the signs -then

    Italian designs are great, italian engines are lovely, but when it comes to cooling system and electronics, thats a different story all together

  2. #42

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by lightrules View Post
    That's exactly my first thoughts on the matter.
    ferrari being such a powerful car, one might not realise
    the handbrake is on especially if you are not used to
    the car.
    moral of the story - if you cannot handle big and powerful equipment, don't use it.

  3. #43

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    There is such a thing called "handbrake warning light" and some cars even have an audible alarm to alert u that the handbrake is still on. If this chappie ignored the signs -then

    Italian designs are great, italian engines are lovely, but when it comes to cooling system and electronics, thats a different story all together
    my camera has metering system and "exposure light". why do i still take underexposed and overexposed photos??

  4. #44
    Deregistered wootsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Small Island
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    I came across an article before about europe car designed for their climate and as such, there is higher chance of the vehicle breaking down if not properly taken care of. I just happens to browse across it and not very sure of the detail also.

  5. #45

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    my camera has metering system and "exposure light". why do i still take underexposed and overexposed photos??

    ... its the person behind the camera and not the camera perhaps

  6. #46
    Deregistered wootsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Small Island
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    ... its the person behind the camera and not the camera perhaps
    Nah always blame the camera. Must be camera not good enough

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by lightrules View Post
    That's exactly my first thoughts on the matter.
    ferrari being such a powerful car, one might not realise
    the handbrake is on especially if you are not used to
    the car.
    Yeap, given the power of the engine, if the brakes is not fully release, some may not realise it. This have happenen before even with jap cars like Honda. Burning cars have been reported in the press and TV news before and not all that was reported are rich man's car.
    Last edited by yqt; 30th April 2010 at 09:43 AM.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  8. #48
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    These cars don't use normal brake pad....it can and should withstand any friction from speed of 300km/h.....also from the picture....it doesn't looks like external inflicks....more like engine caught fire

  9. #49

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    Insurance company pays...

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    and usually the rich, young guy will get another car soon.
    Those who can own a Ferrari surly have some other less flashy car(S) at home

    May be the driver still got other sport cars in the garage

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    Italian designs are great, italian engines are lovely, but when it comes to cooling system and electronics, thats a different story all together
    not really..i own a Italian car and the cooling system is great.

    I ever drove to Penang with other conti (VW, Opel...etc) and those conti got to rest at petrol station due to overheating while my Fiat still going strong. Reason is that mine has 2 radiator fans when other only have 1.

    May be i am lucky cos mine never has any major problem in the last 4.5 years.

  12. #52

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    out of curiosity...do you have a fire extinguisher in your house?
    yes i do.i have 6.

    and in every of my 'super' cars, i have one.
    for my lao pok chia which i drive and dont give 3 hoots about finding parking, dings and dents, i dont bother with fire extinguisher.

  13. #53

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai View Post
    not really..i own a Italian car and the cooling system is great.

    I ever drove to Penang with other conti (VW, Opel...etc) and those conti got to rest at petrol station due to overheating while my Fiat still going strong. Reason is that mine has 2 radiator fans when other only have 1.

    May be i am lucky cos mine never has any major problem in the last 4.5 years.

    Perhaps u have one of the "better" built ones. Typically, with car cooling systems .. u only have 2 traffic situation to worry about .. (1) jam (2) high speed runs

  14. #54
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    I came across an article before about europe car designed for their climate and as such, there is higher chance of the vehicle breaking down if not properly taken care of. I just happens to browse across it and not very sure of the detail also.
    A friend used to own Renault's Espace 2.0, the big v6 MPV. Goes very fast yet stable. Big problem? Overheats easily. Try to avoid continental cars when driving in Singapore, drive Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Malaysian. They should be fine.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the other side
    Posts
    2,046

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    this was one of the recall models?

    http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...g-up-in-flames

  16. #56

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    It's actually quite taxing on the engine to crawl the Ferrari through Singapore streets where it rarely goes beyond 3rd gear.

    There's nothing more painful to watch than a super car being lamed through by the bonehead driver in the Singapore traffic. Perhaps watching it burst into flames is a way of showing mercy to the depressed Stallion by ending its misery.

    Thankfully there are many sensible super car drivers among us as well, who indulge in their love for speed by driving up to Sepang and letting it rip in its full glory on speed weeks.

    Morale of the story, don't bloody use a Ferrari as an ox cart, and don't let an ox/cow drive a Ferrari

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    i wonder if those Acer Ferrari notebooks risk catching fire as well...
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,196

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    Sadly to say, most of the time I have more problems with female drivers and gangster cabby. ALMOST all the time when a vehicle following behind me trying to blind me with high beam on, the driver is a female...
    I have problems with people who drive MPVs. Somehow I have encountered too many who think they're driving race cars. But that's another story for another day.

    Fire extinguishers in cars. I have always thought about putting one in the car, but my workplace carpark is not sheltered, and my car's always baking under the sun, so I worry about the cannister exploding because of the heat. Even if it doesn't cause a fire, it would at least cause a nasty mess.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

  19. #59
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    Possibly a motor vehicle insurance fraud as the owner might be on the verge of bankrupt and unable to pay for the monthly instalment of the Ferrari.

    I wouldn't be surprise if there are more cases of supercars "burning up".
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 7th May 2010 at 06:55 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  20. #60
    Member Burnings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    152

    Default Re: ferrari on fire

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Possibly a motor vehicle insurance fraud as the owner might be on the verge of bankrupt and unable to pay for the monthly instalment of the Ferrari.

    I wouldn't be surprise if there are more cases of supercars "burning up".
    That would be sad... buying a Ferrari on loan would be freaking madness if you calculate the interest :S

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •