4th April 2004, 04:08 PM
Film Scanning: Need advice
1) How do you remove dust from the film before scanning?
2) How do you remove dirt and fingerprints (and other things which sticks to the film) before scanning?
3) Can fungi grow on films? If so, any way to remove or reduce them?
4) Is there any way to restore films back to its stainless condition? Any shop does that?
5th April 2004, 09:20 AM
1. I usually use a blower to bolw any excess dust off followed by using a soft brush to remove any reemaining dust.
Originally Posted by yaoxing
2) see abv. For fingerprints, wipe with a non abrasive cloth.
3) Of cos fungi can grow. You need to be careful where you store your negs. How to remove...no idea.
5th April 2004, 10:29 AM
Heard that you can remove them if you wash the negatives in a special solution .
You can get the solution from ruby i think ..
5th April 2004, 11:54 AM
Any idea how much the solution will cost? Do I need special equipment to wash the negatives with?
Originally Posted by coca88
5th April 2004, 03:30 PM
Cost wise , I'm not sure , but shouldn't cost you more than 30 dollars i think .
Btw do seek advise from them to see if it works or not ... coz I've not tried that before
I read the suggestion through a website , can't remember the website though