View Poll Results: Female to Male ratio of photoshooting as a serious past-time.

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Female

9 16.98%
  • Male

44 83.02%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the Female to Male ratio for photoshooting as a serious past-time?

Default Re: What is the Female to Male ratio for photoshooting as a serious past-time?

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Notice that I mentioned SE-RI-OUS, not just anyhow shoot and not a care about improving. Also, it doesn't mean only those who can take good pictures are eligible to vote, but anyone who has a keen passion and want to learn how to take REALLY good pictures as well.
    you see, the problem is people do not follow what they say.

for example, if i am x photographer, and i claim to be very serious, does that mean i am serious? i can claim for 8000 years, but if people make valid comments on photos, and instead of correcting it i just continue doing the same old mistakes, does that make me serious? does that mean that i care about improving?

Default Re: What is the Female to Male ratio for photoshooting as a serious past-time?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    no need lah, u just need a PAssion Card...

http://www.passioncard.com.sg/
    wa, i have that one leh.

i also don't know why, someone signed up for me and gave me the card.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    wa, i have that one leh.

i also don't know why, someone signed up for me and gave me the card.
    i dun have, but my mom & dad have... think they're more passionate ppl than me... so i take 1 from my dad so that can buy pet food at a discount.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

i dun have, but my mom & dad have... think they're more passionate ppl than me... so i take 1 from my dad so that can buy pet food at a discount.
    ok, so that's 2 male passionate people (your dad, me) versus one female passionate people (your mom). right now the males are leading.

for example, if i am x photographer, and i claim to be very serious, does that mean i am serious? i can claim for 8000 years, but if people make valid comments on photos, and instead of correcting it i just continue doing the same old mistakes, does that make me serious? does that mean that i care about improving?
    hmm... what is serious? but i do know people often tell me not to be serious cos once i'm serious, they'll get it...

so far, i still dunno what they got after i got serious...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

ok, so that's 2 male passionate people (your dad, me) versus one female passionate people (your mom). right now the males are leading.
    whats the ratio for serious?

hmm... what is serious? but i do know people often tell me not to be serious cos once i'm serious, they'll get it...

so far, i still dunno what they got after i got serious...
    you confusing me leh.

whats the ratio for serious?
    dunno leh, time to start a SERIOUS card.

If you claim to be serious but not really care about how to improve then, please refrain from voting (of course it can't stop you from doing so). However, if you keep committing the same mistakes (maybe because you do not know how improve even though you keep trying) but if you're serious about correcting it even if it would take you forever to do it... Then yes, do count yourself as one.

Again, this isn't about who can take really good pictures. It's really about who is serious into learning photography as a past-time, not just professionally. And certainly not whether or not you're good at your skills. You be the judge of yourself, not others...

If I can't take good pictures, but I know I want to know how to, and will keep trying at it...then I should vote myself in.

If I want to just take pictures without a care whether it's good or not, and would not listen to anyone's critiques or don't care whether I improve or not, then no... I shouldn't vote myself in. It will require you to do a bit of soul searching, nobody can vote you in but yourself.

Hope that's not too hard to understand...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 28th April 2010 at 05:46 PM.

Then prove me correct! Vote for yourself!
    KK..voted! Male! I got a passion card too..but I dun reli need that to prove my seriousness in learning...I think as long as one is sincere to learn..he's serious enough...why need to debate over the word "serious"...(ok, I'm too debating nw...haha)
    Last edited by ovaltinemilo; 28th April 2010 at 05:52 PM.
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Serious Photographer ??

Quote Originally Posted by Justintime View Post
    Serious Photographer ??

Sorry, that one is not counted. Are you him?

For those who voted yourself in, thank you. We do not need to know who you are, so you need not announce yourself when you voted. Okay?

Sorry, that one is not counted. Are you him?
    Nay.. he's an amatuer

this is me

But no way as serious (crazy) as this fellow -

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    if ones is serious enough, he or she don't bother to tell any people about it,
    don't need any explanation,
    don't care how people feel about it,

they will.......just do it.
    What about 假正经 photographers?

What?? All males and not a single female?

i female leh

i serious about shooting cats

Last edited by riotvan; 28th April 2010 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by riotvan View Post
    i female leh

i serious about shooting cats
    YEAH!!!! Thank you for your vote! :-)

i think zemotion owns 95% of the P&P people here in clubsnap.

i think zemotion owns 95% of the P&P people here in clubsnap.

lol i think more than 95% leh

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast