Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

  1. #1

    Default Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    Hi

    Dun know if anyone had the same sentiment as me and the above issue...

    There are too many posting of peeps covering the same event (Eg: Formula Drift)

    I know its a grand event and peeps are excited about posting their pics up but dun you think its like flooding

    When looking at the title (Formula Drift SG) its like there are more than 10. After viewing a few Peep covering the event I am already sian haha the rest of it, i just bypass without looking at it.

    Sorry for it but that my views, I am not to come here to offend anyone ya.

    Cheers
    Canon EOS 500D | Sigma DC OS 18-200mm | EF-S 55-250mm IS F4-5.6 | EF 50mm f/1.8 II

  2. #2

    Default Re: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    same for xmm!

    same for landscapes!

  3. #3
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringwraiths View Post
    Hi

    Dun know if anyone had the same sentiment as me and the above issue...

    There are too many posting of peeps covering the same event (Eg: Formula Drift)

    I know its a grand event and peeps are excited about posting their pics up but dun you think its like flooding

    When looking at the title (Formula Drift SG) its like there are more than 10. After viewing a few Peep covering the event I am already sian haha the rest of it, i just bypass without looking at it.


    Sorry for it but that my views, I am not to come here to offend anyone ya.

    Cheers
    nah. just dun read then. no one forcing u to read

    though i get quite irritated once in a while too

  4. #4

    Default Re: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    LOL i know but just got irritated thats all haha

    Went into Sports and reportage section tot something new posted but....... almost 2 freaking pages are all - FORMULA DIRFT........ haha
    Canon EOS 500D | Sigma DC OS 18-200mm | EF-S 55-250mm IS F4-5.6 | EF 50mm f/1.8 II

  5. #5

    Default Re: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    landscapes is flooded with helix bridge.

    that's how it is for a small country mar.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    landscapes is flooded with helix bridge.

    that's how it is for a small country mar.
    haha no wonder the server crash haha. Can predict the next flooding event is F1 happening in Sept haha
    Canon EOS 500D | Sigma DC OS 18-200mm | EF-S 55-250mm IS F4-5.6 | EF 50mm f/1.8 II

  7. #7

    Default Re: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    Shows that we are doing well ..
    Our population can indulge in photography as a pastime
    A hobby which costs time and money


  8. #8
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringwraiths View Post
    Hi

    Dun know if anyone had the same sentiment as me and the above issue...

    There are too many posting of peeps covering the same event (Eg: Formula Drift)

    I know its a grand event and peeps are excited about posting their pics up but dun you think its like flooding

    When looking at the title (Formula Drift SG) its like there are more than 10. After viewing a few Peep covering the event I am already sian haha the rest of it, i just bypass without looking at it.

    Sorry for it but that my views, I am not to come here to offend anyone ya.

    Cheers
    This is called in-depth coverage.
    Last edited by Sion; 28th April 2010 at 04:08 PM.

  9. #9
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringwraiths View Post
    Hi

    Dun know if anyone had the same sentiment as me and the above issue...

    There are too many posting of peeps covering the same event (Eg: Formula Drift)

    I know its a grand event and peeps are excited about posting their pics up but dun you think its like flooding

    When looking at the title (Formula Drift SG) its like there are more than 10. After viewing a few Peep covering the event I am already sian haha the rest of it, i just bypass without looking at it.

    Sorry for it but that my views, I am not to come here to offend anyone ya.

    Cheers
    Don't quite get your point though... Are we suppose to pick a representative of who gets to post the pics and who doesn't? Only one thing, it serves a good indication of the amount of passionate photographers in that field... Although you're right that it's not everyone's cup of tea, in that case just close both eyes then...

  10. #10

    Default Re: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    landscapes is flooded with helix bridge.

    that's how it is for a small country mar.
    U can share your River Thames sunrise shots mah...

  11. #11
    Moderator Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    I think we have potential of producing more images on local events than what stock agencies would ever produce. lol
    sigh.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    I think we have potential of producing more images on local events than what stock agencies would ever produce. lol
    LOL true true but too many cooks spoils the soup sometimes haha.
    Canon EOS 500D | Sigma DC OS 18-200mm | EF-S 55-250mm IS F4-5.6 | EF 50mm f/1.8 II

  13. #13

    Default Re: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    Shows that we are doing well ..
    Our population can indulge in photography as a pastime
    A hobby which costs time and money

    yeah, pastime is the word.

    it is sad, sometimes people tend to treat landscapes like collecting pokemon cards , like they do with models.

    a location can be visited and revisited again and again, i will never understand why when something new appears people get so excited about it, then flock there as a crowd.. and when the hype dies down it is never visited again. certainly our country's places are worth more than just one or two halfhearted visits?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    U can share your River Thames sunrise shots mah...
    yeah, for some funny reason no one gets tired of those london eye shots. you bet if there was a clubsnap equivalent in london they'd tell me "hey mate, aren't you sick of that place?"

    me, i'm not tired of it.. just hate to go.. mainly because the one time i had good conditions, i blew it somewhat.

    6 or 7 more cold mornings after that, i never got such lighting again, it is a sore point.

    i much prefer singapore as a location to london. there are locations in london i would love to get to during the golden hours, but they are not safe, and i am not so gung ho. :P
    Last edited by night86mare; 28th April 2010 at 05:13 PM.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    Hmmm the best thing is when title is SIN09 in sports and reportage etc it showcase the models 99% more than the rides 1%?????

    Shouldnt it be the rides as the centre of attraction rather than the models???
    Canon EOS 500D | Sigma DC OS 18-200mm | EF-S 55-250mm IS F4-5.6 | EF 50mm f/1.8 II

  16. #16
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringwraiths View Post
    Hmmm the best thing is when title is SIN09 in sports and reportage etc it showcase the models 99% more than the rides 1%?????

    Shouldnt it be the rides as the centre of attraction rather than the models???
    Surely you're exagerating!!! Yeah, who could resist the beauties, but I think a lot more are serious in improving their capture of the fast moving cars!!!

  17. #17

    Default Re: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringwraiths View Post
    Hmmm the best thing is when title is SIN09 in sports and reportage etc it showcase the models 99% more than the rides 1%?????

    Shouldnt it be the rides as the centre of attraction rather than the models???
    you have to remember that CS P&P is the most 旺 section in CS.

    you have loads of single hot-blooded males, and also those who want to have more than one basket to put their eggs in.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

    it is sad, sometimes people tend to treat landscapes like collecting pokemon cards , like they do with models.

    a location can be visited and revisited again and again, i will never understand why when something new appears people get so excited about it, then flock there as a crowd.. and when the hype dies down it is never visited again. certainly our country's places are worth more than just one or two halfhearted visits?

    ... not many are like u .. keep going back to make the "perfect" shot better ..

  19. #19
    Member adorable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bury Road
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    After NDP, there are so many threads on NDP photos, most of them are similar.

    Then, after Air Show, also the same thing happened. So many threads of similiar photos
    Canon 7D with 15-85mm

  20. #20

    Default Re: Too many Peeps covering same event = Too many postings = Sianzzz

    Ya seems like getting more threads...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •