Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: How to extract Hitachi 4GB MD from Muvo 2.

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    2,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klipsch
    One of the screw holes is covered by a little Creative warranty sticker. If you have a way to remove it without any traces of it being tampered then i think should have no problem.
    haha, don't you think someone will notice that's it's not a 4GB MD inside??

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrilng
    haha, don't you think someone will notice that's it's not a 4GB MD inside??
    No lah of cos not send it in with a different card. Assuming theres something wrong with either the player or the MD say 3 months down the road then can always put the MD back in and send in. Thats what he was trying to ask i think.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klipsch
    One of the screw holes is covered by a little Creative warranty sticker. If you have a way to remove it without any traces of it being tampered then i think should have no problem.

    its not a warranty sticker. just black tape to prevent short circuit to the PCB. if you remove it carefully without spoiling the screws you should be able to put it back looking like original condition.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaGr
    its not a warranty sticker. just black tape to prevent short circuit to the PCB. if you remove it carefully without spoiling the screws you should be able to put it back looking like original condition.
    Please note that the newer muvo's all come with a new type 'unpeelable' plastic type sticker. Once you remove that or tamper with it, they will know.


  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HelmetBox
    Please note that the newer muvo's all come with a new type 'unpeelable' plastic type sticker. Once you remove that or tamper with it, they will know.

    All older MuVo2 4GB units with the 9th-10th digit of serial number having "42" are safe, ie no warranty sticker. Those with "43" have this sticker.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaGr
    its not a warranty sticker. just black tape to prevent short circuit to the PCB. if you remove it carefully without spoiling the screws you should be able to put it back looking like original condition.
    I am not talking about the black tape. Its this round creative sticker covering one of the screw holes.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    6,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klipsch
    I am not talking about the black tape. Its this round creative sticker covering one of the screw holes.

    It's always possible to get around the system I guess.....

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TME
    It's always possible to get around the system I guess.....
    they are smart to come up with the new type stickers. Probably can be done but troublesome I guess.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    6,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HelmetBox
    they are smart to come up with the new type stickers. Probably can be done but troublesome I guess.

    For the price difference, I think it's worth the trouble.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •