Thread: Need some help/advises.

Default Need some help/advises.

Hi all, I've been doing photography in theatrical productions and other places which flash is prohibited. I'm currently using the EOS 40D, and a few f/2.8 lenses, but i still find i can't bring the exposure up to the level i like, or else I'll get noisy pictures at my maximum ISO (3200).

I'm thinking of either switching to full frame or the canon EOS 7D. Can i get some advise? or is there any other alternatives to changing camera?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Need some help/advises.

Quote Originally Posted by Phosphorus View Post
    Hi all, I've been doing photography in theatrical productions and other places which flash is prohibited. I'm currently using the EOS 40D, and a few f/2.8 lenses, but i still find i can't bring the exposure up to the level i like, or else I'll get noisy pictures at my maximum ISO (3200).

I'm thinking of either switching to full frame or the canon EOS 7D. Can i get some advise? or is there any other alternatives to changing camera?

Thanks in advance
    This is a technical problem. Perhaps you can try out noise reduction tools such as Noise Ninja by PictureCode and Noiseware Professional by Imagenomic. ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed is about compromise, you gain some you lose some. If you can, switch to a camera with better ISO noise control such as the D700 and 5D MkII. At least that'll give you more free play in quality and shuttle speed.
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

Default Re: Need some help/advises.

Get FF for better ISO & fast prime w/ aperture below F2