Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Difference between Polariser Lens and UV Lens?

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    I got myself a polariser a few months back, but weather a bit too cloudy when ever I'm outside to try out.
    I read online that it has to be rotated to eliminate say reflections in water and such, really need to manually rotate the filter before shooting? (hope i make sense)
    Yes, to use a polariser, you need to rotate it and find the effect you want.

Hijack your thread a bit... anyone got any Online Reference to Filters? a NoOB myself... and I haven't use any nor know how to use any filter besides the UV Filter as the front element protector...

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    I got myself a polariser a few months back, but weather a bit too cloudy when ever I'm outside to try out.
    I read online that it has to be rotated to eliminate say reflections in water and such, really need to manually rotate the filter before shooting? (hope i make sense)
    Yes, that's what you need to do to a circular polariser. Rotate it until you get the desired effect.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by lingfoo
    Hijack your thread a bit... anyone got any Online Reference to Filters? a NoOB myself... and I haven't use any nor know how to use any filter besides the UV Filter as the front element protector...
    Try this:
    http://www.bythom.com/filters.htm

roger-o justaruis & virgo, thanks for clarifying

Thumbs up

Wow, a great discussion. I think as a thread starter should say somthing now..

A big hug and millions of thanks for those who teach us sooo many tricks and give sooo many great advice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12