Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ONE Photo Competition: Grand Prize Medium Format Digital Back & Camera!!!

Default ONE Photo Competition: Grand Prize Medium Format Digital Back & Camera!!!

ZOMG, this is too good....

This photo competition has a grand prize of a medium format digital back and camera!!!

http://www.01photoconvention.com/
    Last edited by a9ape; 10th May 2010 at 01:50 AM.

Default Re: ONE Photo Competition: Grand Prize Medium Format Digital Back & Camera!!!

Join the Facebook Group!

Default Re: ONE Photo Competition: Grand Prize Medium Format Digital Back & Camera!!!

thought of joining.. and came across this..

Each photograph is a single entry.
    Participants must pay US$5 per entry via:
    Paypal on the ONE website,

I not that zai liao :b

"ONLY Entries shot on digital cameras and in RAW format are eligible. The Capture ONE software must be used to edit and process the images. The Capture One Software can be downloaded from here."

Whoa...mafan..

I think the entrance fee is well worth the prize! I'm definitely going to try to submit my work in.

Judges for the ONE Competition unveiled!

Chan Seng Fai, Ruby Imaging Systems Pte Ltd

Teo Chai Guan, Photographer of Teo Studio

Geoff Ang, Director-Photographer, Geoff's Studio

Allan Ng, Photographer at The Republic

Kenneth Wong, Photographer at Kenneth Wong Photography

Dr Oh Soon Hwa, Head of Photography Faculty at School of Art Design & Media NTU

John Clang, Singapore-born, New York-based photographer

Submit your work online now! http://www.01photoconvention.com

Strong judges line up .

Its funny to see how ppl are so lazy yet want to win something in a competition. Esp at a well est. competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Scandiacus View Post
    "ONLY Entries shot on digital cameras and in RAW format are eligible. The Capture ONE software must be used to edit and process the images. The Capture One Software can be downloaded from here."

Whoa...mafan..
    can organisers clarify on this:

Capture ONE software must be used. but is it limited to ONLY Capture ONE software?

eg. Like I could process the RAW within Capture ONE and post edit it with other softwares, then reprocess it again within Capture ONE.

Does the image still qualify then?

Please clarify because I see a potential opening for misunderstanding here.
    sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by akagi07 View Post
    thought of joining.. and came across this..

Each photograph is a single entry.
    Participants must pay US$5 per entry via:
    Paypal on the ONE website,

I not that zai liao :b
    US5 is a small fee for the prize , y'know.

competitions like IPA are USD30 per entry, and that's the student rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    can organisers clarify on this:

Capture ONE software must be used. but is it limited to ONLY Capture ONE software?

eg. Like I could process the RAW within Capture ONE and post edit it with other softwares, then reprocess it again within Capture ONE.

Does the image still qualify then?

Please clarify because I see a potential opening for misunderstanding here.
    Yes the image still qualifies, as long as it has been processed from RAW within Capture ONE. Any 3 party softwares after that is fine.

This is to encourage participants to shoot RAW as well as to understand the processing capabilities of the Capture ONE.

Wah. This looks very serious...

Can i ask what if Capture One does not recognize my image file?

That is whats happending to me right now.
    Hasselblad 503CW | 100mm f/3.5 CF | Contax 645 | Zeiss 80mm f/2 | Website

Quote Originally Posted by sprewell View Post
    Can i ask what if Capture One does not recognize my image file?

That is whats happending to me right now.
    what format of RAW file are you using... is it stated in documentation that the format should be usable?... maybe you want to email Phase One...

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    US5 is a small fee for the prize , y'know.

competitions like IPA are USD30 per entry, and that's the student rate.
    The small fee's just to filter off hundreds (maybe thousands!) of 'rubbish entries, huh?

i'm using a .3f format, which is hasselblad's raw format.
    im guessing there's no place for a competitor's raw file in captureone lol
    Hasselblad 503CW | 100mm f/3.5 CF | Contax 645 | Zeiss 80mm f/2 | Website

Quote Originally Posted by a9ape View Post
    Yes the image still qualifies, as long as it has been processed from RAW within Capture ONE. Any 3 party softwares after that is fine.

This is to encourage participants to shoot RAW as well as to understand the processing capabilities of the Capture ONE.
    so as long the RAW file is processed by Capture One then can use other softwares to enhance it?. Digital Imaging allowed?
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

you can convert it to .dng and process it with CaptureOne.

as long as the raw file is being processed by CaptureOne, digital imaging after that is fine.

Default Grand Prize Unveiled

The Grand Prize: A P21+ PhaseOne Digital Back and a 645 AF PhaseOne Digital Camera

JOIN THE COMPETITION NOW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast