View Poll Results: Do you believe in Intelligent Life beyond our Planet/Solar System....

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 74.29%
  • No

6 17.14%
  • Maybe

1 2.86%
  • Don't Know

2 5.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intelligent Life from Outer Space.....

Default Re: Intelligent Life from Outer Space.....

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Boy, do you ever get enough sleep??? You those topics will keep your mind awake for a very long time!

Actually you don't have to look too far to search for mind-boggling topics... just take a look at our own human self is good enough... The Human being is the most problematic and the most difficult subject to understand and what's worst? Why do we always have to make things so damn complicated!?
    True,true. HUmans are so difficult to understand!
    Canon 7D with 15-85mm

I suspect aliens that drop by earth thinks this is hell. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Wai View Post
    anything is possible, i am sure the alien can adapt themselves to whatever environment that were born.

Just like the Antarctica penguins, they can survive at -40 deg. Who knows the aliens are used to live in temperature of 100 deg and they found that the earth, with an average temperature of 20-30 deg, is too cold for them?

May be the alien don't need water to survive, but something else that we may never heard of? One man's meat is another man posion, the alien never attack the earth probably because they found our environment not suitable for them
    I repeat, it is not about whether alien can live at a certain condition. It is about fluctuating condition. Fluctuating condition changes the state of matter.

1) All lifeform is made up of material right? So far, no such material in earth and in other galaxy can withstand fluctuation condition that change its state.

Even if rule 1) is fullfilled, so far no other places, other than Earth, are in the safe habitatable zone - places that are not bombarded by dangerous substances and meteorites and cosmic explosion.

Unless the alien are superlifeform that can tolerate these type of planetary explosion.
    Canon 7D with 15-85mm

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    dont believe what teacher taught you. my teacher said the earth is round. but it is not. during my days in Nautical Studies, my lecturer said the Earth is spheroid !! dictionary it.

Thats what I'm trying to said.... what we know to be truth now... might be mistake, later.

Anyone remember the Church used to claim that the Sun and other planets circle around the Earth. Or that before Sailing ships could sailed far from land.... that the Earth is flat. We used to believed that nothing could live under the dark ocean or inside caves deep under ground.... But it has already been proven that animals DO lives in conditions we used to think impossible.

Scuba & Father... For Life

One moment, we happy happy talk talk laugh laugh discuss discuss about aliens, next moment, 2012! - tio hoot! Bo liao... (only can hear cricket sounds....)

Annunaki.I'm not sure if you've heard about this.You can type it in youtube.You might find it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    I repeat, it is not about whether alien can live at a certain condition. It is about fluctuating condition. Fluctuating condition changes the state of matter.

1) All lifeform is made up of material right? So far, no such material in earth and in other galaxy can withstand fluctuation condition that change its state.

Even if rule 1) is fullfilled, so far no other places, other than Earth, are in the safe habitatable zone - places that are not bombarded by dangerous substances and meteorites and cosmic explosion.

Unless the alien are superlifeform that can tolerate these type of planetary explosion.

Bro... not trying to pick on you or anything....

But 'Fluctuating Condition' may be what the Aliens Lifeform needs.... There is a type of Cone Trees in the US that could only reproduces when there is a Wild Fire spreading through the area. Its seed is so hard that it could survive being burned, the fire cause the seed pod to open up and clear the grounds for the new seed to grow. And yet before people understand this.... Park Rangers used to keep the parks in a Stable (fire free) condition... and wonder for years why no new cone trees grows.... not understanding that the stable condition they have created.... have stop the Trees doing what natural made it to do....

Even places that are bombarded by dangerous substances and meteorites and cosmic explosion will kill one type of lifeform.... giving another type/kind, the chance of living. Just look at this planet.... Dinosaur give way to warm blooded animals, which later becomes us. The dinosaur survives for hunrdreds of millions of years, while modern Humans has been around for less than a million years.... Who could said that another bombarded by dangerous substances and meteorites and cosmic explosion won't kill us all leaving the planet to be rule by whatever survives.

PS.... what we consider to be stable for the pass 1000 years is nothing when compare to the timeline of the Universe. Where everything is counted in the millions of years.... So, I won't said we are not living in a 'Fluctuating Condition'.

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    天外有天

Do you agree?
    Some interesting read about 天外有天

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

The apparent size and age of the universe suggest that many technologically advanced extraterrestrial civilizations ought to exist. However, this hypothesis seems inconsistent with the lack of observational evidence to support it.

As I am reading, I found one interesting statement why aliens are not found "It is the nature of intelligent life to destroy itself"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_p..._theoretically
    Canon 7D with 15-85mm

Some interesting read about 天外有天

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

The apparent size and age of the universe suggest that many technologically advanced extraterrestrial civilizations ought to exist. However, this hypothesis seems inconsistent with the lack of observational evidence to support it.

As I am reading, I found one interesting statement why aliens are not found "It is the nature of intelligent life to destroy itself"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_p..._theoretically

After seeing what Human is doing to each other and this Planet..... I don't blame them for avoiding us....

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Bro... not trying to pick on you or anything....

But 'Fluctuating Condition' may be what the Aliens Lifeform needs.... There is a type of Cone Trees in the US that could only reproduces when there is a Wild Fire spreading through the area. Its seed is so hard that it could survive being burned, the fire cause the seed pod to open up and clear the grounds for the new seed to grow. And yet before people understand this.... Park Rangers used to keep the parks in a Stable (fire free) condition... and wonder for years why no new cone trees grows.... not understanding that the stable condition they have created.... have stop the Trees doing what natural made it to do....

Even places that are bombarded by dangerous substances and meteorites and cosmic explosion will kill one type of lifeform.... giving another type/kind, the chance of living. Just look at this planet.... Dinosaur give way to warm blooded animals, which later becomes us. The dinosaur survives for hunrdreds of millions of years, while modern Humans has been around for less than a million years.... Who could said that another bombarded by dangerous substances and meteorites and cosmic explosion won't kill us all leaving the planet to be rule by whatever survives.

PS.... what we consider to be stable for the pass 1000 years is nothing when compare to the timeline of the Universe. Where everything is counted in the millions of years.... So, I won't said we are not living in a 'Fluctuating Condition'.
    The amount of bombardment on Earth is very little considered other galaxy! We are shielded by larger planets like Jupiter which take most of the bombardment.

I suggest you read this 2 interesting articles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitab...habitable_zone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_habitability
    Canon 7D with 15-85mm

Well, I believe so that there is little chance of them coming here coz of the changing environment. maybe it will come a day when there will be a species that can withstand our environment then they will come. But for now, I dun think so.

To think, they said that Aliens have been here and create civilisation thru all that stone carving that ancient ppl drew. funny how the ancient can align their temple to connect with the sun. How a stone so big, can be lifted to create a temple. This is still very unknown and we still dun have any explanation on it. But those experts still searching it.

I bet even if they gonna come here, they probably think twice. Our environment is changing from bad to worst. Climate changes are everywhere now. Tremors,typhoon & Volcanic eruption is starting to get common. The Artic pole is melting and soon 30-40% of the land will be covered by water unless we could do something. There are so many points of world destruction that those scientist discovered. One is a Star I think 30m Light years away from us that is in its end stage. By light years, it is near already. The Supernova will happen and those gamma ray will come direct to Earth. But when? we still dunno. But once it reach here, it will create a dark cloud that covers the Earth like blackness (I think this more of the Prophecies from Bible right?). Then we still have RED TIDE, where this Microbes that lives at the coastal sea excrete potent toxin which can kill Aquatic species. They are called Red Tide coz when they join together, they turn red. We already got Red Tide problem with Whales & Fish killing themselves.

Galaxy even has Dark Matter & Dark Energy. Those two thing are known as problematic. As I can recall, Dark Matter is the one that likes to create variable Black Holes. Its hard to find them and those scientist found out abt them when the image on the lens that showed the solar system starts to wiggle like there is something there that in a second fuzzy the image. That is Dark Matter and Black Hole can come out anytime they want and anything that went in the Blackhole, turn to Particle.

While Dark Energy is all around the Galaxy. Its like a space warp that pulls solar system together but very20x slow. But the speed is increasing. It has a habit of pulling solar system against solar system collision and we do have a Solar System that is near to us (I think Andromeda? or something) that those said are Nemesis coz they are slowly coming to our solar system.

Haiz, we got so many impending destruction coming to us, where is Captain Kirk when we need HIm!!!

Oh ya, I forgot. HAIL KLINGON!!
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    Well, I believe so that there is little chance of them coming here coz of the changing environment. maybe it will come a day when there will be a species that can withstand our environment then they will come. But for now, I dun think so.

To think, they said that Aliens have been here and create civilisation thru all that stone carving that ancient ppl drew. funny how the ancient can align their temple to connect with the sun. How a stone so big, can be lifted to create a temple. This is still very unknown and we still dun have any explanation on it. But those experts still searching it.

I bet even if they gonna come here, they probably think twice. Our environment is changing from bad to worst. Climate changes are everywhere now. Tremors,typhoon & Volcanic eruption is starting to get common. The Artic pole is melting and soon 30-40% of the land will be covered by water unless we could do something. There are so many points of world destruction that those scientist discovered. One is a Star I think 30m Light years away from us that is in its end stage. By light years, it is near already. The Supernova will happen and those gamma ray will come direct to Earth. But when? we still dunno. But once it reach here, it will create a dark cloud that covers the Earth like blackness (I think this more of the Prophecies from Bible right?). Then we still have RED TIDE, where this Microbes that lives at the coastal sea excrete potent toxin which can kill Aquatic species. They are called Red Tide coz when they join together, they turn red. We already got Red Tide problem with Whales & Fish killing themselves.

Galaxy even has Dark Matter & Dark Energy. Those two thing are known as problematic. As I can recall, Dark Matter is the one that likes to create variable Black Holes. Its hard to find them and those scientist found out abt them when the image on the lens that showed the solar system starts to wiggle like there is something there that in a second fuzzy the image. That is Dark Matter and Black Hole can come out anytime they want and anything that went in the Blackhole, turn to Particle.

While Dark Energy is all around the Galaxy. Its like a space warp that pulls solar system together but very20x slow. But the speed is increasing. It has a habit of pulling solar system against solar system collision and we do have a Solar System that is near to us (I think Andromeda? or something) that those said are Nemesis coz they are slowly coming to our solar system.

Haiz, we got so many impending destruction coming to us, where is Captain Kirk when we need HIm!!!

Oh ya, I forgot. HAIL KLINGON!!
    I love Star Trek!
    Canon 7D with 15-85mm

I love Star Trek!
    Hello Vulcan Brother/Sister!

Live Long and Prosper...

I love Star Trek!
    Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    Hello Vulcan Brother/Sister!

Live Long and Prosper...

Star Trek fans

"Resistance is futile"

PS... anyone knows will there be a new Star Trek movie base on the 'new' Star Trek show last year ??

Star Trek fans

"Resistance is futile"

PS... anyone knows will there be a new Star Trek movie base on the 'new' Star Trek show last year ??
    "anything is possible" and the answer is probably yes

I dun mind be Assimilated by Borg 7of9. lol

Thats what I'm trying to said.... what we know to be truth now... might be mistake, later.

Anyone remember the Church used to claim that the Sun and other planets circle around the Earth. Or that before Sailing ships could sailed far from land.... that the Earth is flat. We used to believed that nothing could live under the dark ocean or inside caves deep under ground.... But it has already been proven that animals DO lives in conditions we used to think impossible.
    Good points. We generally perceive things based on our experience and current intelligence. People used to fear and even worshipped thunder and lighting because they were the unknown. If creatures can live in the abyssal condition deep down in the ocean, other creatures could live in another planet perceived to be un-livable by our measure.

True, true! Even on earth alone, we have so much thing we dun understand and haven't explored! I always like my mind to wonder at night, is there God, is there ghost, what's after death, do we have soul, do animals have soul, is geomacy true....?

Life is less complicated when we are stimulated to
    take time to find the answer. Wisdom comes when
    you sincerely and honestly seek the truth. You can
    start here.

yes, and they pretty much squelched galileo for quite a while.

The amount of bombardment on Earth is very little considered other galaxy! We are shielded by larger planets like Jupiter which take most of the bombardment.

I suggest you read this 2 interesting articles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitab...habitable_zone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_habitability
    The habitable zone "is the region in a star-centered orbit where an Earth-like planet can maintain liquid water on its surface and Earth-like life".

The alien may not be "Earth-like".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123