View Poll Results: Do you believe in Intelligent Life beyond our Planet/Solar System....

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 74.29%
  • No

6 17.14%
  • Maybe

1 2.86%
  • Don't Know

2 5.71%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Intelligent Life from Outer Space.....

Default Re: Intelligent Life from Outer Space.....

Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    Oh, I came to take pictures ...........in peace
    madmartian, u could have used ur 1000000mm-2000000mmf0.35-f0.63 M zoom on ur Meica terapixel hello Chichi-anniversary camera from mars to take a pic of us in singapore..

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    madmartian, u could have used ur 1000000mm-2000000mmf0.35-f0.63 M zoom on ur Meica terapixel hello Chichi-anniversary camera from mars to take a pic of us in singapore..
    Some earthlings borrowed it to shoot mars & did not return it................
    Take the shot!

Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    I thought aliens build the iPad and pyramids?
    Our predecessors probably built the pyramids before they destroyed themselves.

Before they come, they'd probably send a large asteroid here to 'Reformat' planet earth first. What's the point in shaking hands with primitive human life forms?

How come most people think that aliens are smarter than us?
    天外有天

Do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    Before they come, they'd probably send a large asteroid here to 'Reformat' planet earth first. What's the point in shaking hands with primitive human life forms?
    If it's evil in its purest form, they will come shake our hands and say: "sorry, you've got to go..." with a big evil grin... kinda like rubbing salt in the wounds before you rotisserie the subject alive...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 27th April 2010 at 02:45 PM.

I have read something on this before and that the chances of another lifeform out there is very slim.

To have lifeform, the gravity, the distance of the sun, the planet size, water, carbon, radioactivity level must have a certain range and that range is very narrow. Scientists also have analysed various galaxies and the conclusion is that the chances are slim. Not impossible but vary narrow

Disagree.... those conditions are base on what life on this earth/planet needs.... how would we know other lifeforms need the same things we need ?? For all we know, Water might be a type of poison to 'them', our gravity might be too high or low, our planet is also too hot or cold for them....

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    some days i meet people who behave like they're from another planet.

maybe they are the aliens you speak of.

for example, i understand the hand signal, it means keep quiet:

but why is she winking? it must be secret alien code.

i am not sure what this specimen is doing here:

it appears that she looks fierce while having a tummyache and is triumphant about it.

this one seems to be having a toothache but is jubilant about it:

this one seems to be using some ancient alien technique to remove hair lice quickly:

the aliens are increasing by the day.
    unlike conventional lifeform on earth, their body composition is composed of abnormal high levels of silicone. definitely alien!

Blog Entries

surest sign of life forms out of space.

they have never tried to contact us

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Disagree.... those conditions are base on what life on this earth/planet needs.... how would we know other lifeforms need the same things we need ?? For all we know, Water might be a type of poison to 'them', our gravity might be too high or low, our planet is also too hot or cold for them....
    Scientists' search for alien lifeform - one way is based on existence of water.

Maybe those alien lifeform don't need water. But lifeform need consistent environmental conditions to live.

The other galaxies environmental conditions flunctuate too much.

unless the lifeform is super lifeform that can tolerate a flunctuation of extreme large range of temperature and other conditions.

When scientists search for lifeform, they don't blindly search. They are searching for places which have consistent living conditions or environments that dun fluctuate too much.
    Canon 7D with 15-85mm

I have read something on this before and that the chances of another lifeform out there is very slim.

To have lifeform, the gravity, the distance of the sun, the planet size, water, carbon, radioactivity level must have a certain range and that range is very narrow. Scientists also have analysed various galaxies and the conclusion is that the chances are slim. Not impossible but vary narrow
    there are alien like creatures/fishes very deep in the sea, they don't even have eyes. they live in darkness and coldness, they dont need the sun.

there are also space beyond space. space that human can't reach, not even the most powerful telescope. every heard of dark holes? there might something beyond the dark holes but no one can proof coz once you are in, you cant get out.
    Last edited by ninelives; 27th April 2010 at 03:22 PM.
    Objection !!!

Scientists' search for alien lifeform - one way is based on existence of water.

Maybe those alien lifeform don't need water. But lifeform need consistent environmental conditions to live.

The other galaxies environmental conditions flunctuate too much.

unless the lifeform is super lifeform that can tolerate a flunctuation of extreme large range of temperature and other conditions.

When scientists search for lifeform, they don't blindly search. They are searching for places which have consistent living conditions or environments that dun fluctuate too much.

But everything is still base on what we know about life from Earth.... Btw, I saw the same BBC, Discovery Channel, NGC, History Channel... etc, also. But I'll always remember during primary 3.... students are told that all life on earth depends on the SUN..... only to find out later that under the deep deep ocean.... volcanic vents called 'black smoker' are surrounded by animals that feeds off chemical that would poison us.... and they don't even see any Sunlight... ever.

While I'm not saying that I know more than those Scientists.... I'm saying that we should keep an Open Mind on what other lifeforms needs or depends on to live.

Scuba & Father... For Life

But everything is still base on what we know about life from Earth.... Btw, I saw the same BBC, Discovery Channel, NGC, History Channel... etc, also. But I'll always remember during primary 3.... students are told that all life on earth depends on the SUN..... only to find out later that under the deep deep ocean.... volcanic vents called 'black smoker' are surrounded by animals that feeds off chemical that would poison us.... and they don't even see any Sunlight... ever.

While I'm not saying that I know more than those Scientists.... I'm saying that we should keep an Open Mind on what other lifeforms needs or depends on to live.
    dont believe what teacher taught you. my teacher said the earth is round. but it is not. during my days in Nautical Studies, my lecturer said the Earth is spheroid !! dictionary it.
    Objection !!!

I am not talking about what components alien lifeform depend on from our understanding of earth lifeform. There are lifeform that dun need water, dun need sun, dun need to breathe etc.

I am talking about consistent environment.

All lifeforms are made up of material and materials are only stable within a range of conditions. So far, there isn't any material in earth and in the galaxy that can withstand that kind of range of fluctuating conditions out there.

Until today, there are three type of galaxies namely spiral, elliptical and irregular. The latter 2 are highly unstable for any material to remain in stable state. Only spiral galaxy enables material to remain in stable state and that's our milk way.

Even if these type of unfluctuating place has been found, all these are highly dangerous zone from cosmic explosion etc.

So far, this type of consistent place without any dangers hasn't been found.

I am not saying no alien, I am just saying this type of places hasn't been found.
    Canon 7D with 15-85mm

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    there are alien like creatures/fishes very deep in the sea, they don't even have eyes. they live in darkness and coldness, they dont need the sun.

there are also space beyond space. space that human can't reach, not even the most powerful telescope. every heard of dark holes? there might something beyond the dark holes but no one can proof coz once you are in, you cant get out.
    I always interested in those black holes thingy! Exploring newer frontier where no one been before!

By the way, do you know that Earth is somehow very lucky to be situated in a place in the galaxy that allows lots of radiation from many distant places where scientists can study even where telescope cannot reach?
    Canon 7D with 15-85mm

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    dont believe what teacher taught you. my teacher said the earth is round. but it is not. during my days in Nautical Studies, my lecturer said the Earth is spheroid !! dictionary it.
    Round is easier to understand at lower primary or kindergarten levels... you give them spheroid they'll give you a weird look...

I guess what I'm trying to say is, there's a layman term and there's the scientific term... Go tell you friendly mama store owner below your HDB that the earth is not round but spheriod and see if the expression matches that of the kindergarten kids?

Anyway, I'll always believe in "never say never"... There are just too much things that we do not understand in our own world let alone life on a distant planet that we can't even reach out to, let alone imagine... I'd say 50/50 - to the existence of alien lifeforms...

And take a look at the periodic table that chemistry students so closely adhered to...? What makes you think that's all there is to it? There could be elements that have yet been discovered even on this planet, and there could be many more on Mars (unless MM can spill his secret)... or maybe Saturn or Jupiter, or all the way to the dwarf planet PLUTO! (Which btw - we have officially 8 planets in our solar system, not 9).

Until we are able to reach the ends of our very own galaxy, otherwise everything that we are talking about now regarding alien life-forms are purely based on conjectures (some no doubt are based on scientific evidences that we do already know, but not the opposite) - AKA kopitiam talk...

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    I believe in intelligent life in outer space. I'm just not so sure it exists on Earth.
    I agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Round is easier to understand at lower primary or kindergarten levels... you give them spheroid they'll give you a weird look...

I guess what I'm trying to say is, there's a layman term and there's the scientific term... Go tell you friendly mama store owner below your HDB that the earth is not round but spheriod and see if the expression matches that of the kindergarten kids?

Anyway, I'll always believe in "never say never"... There are just too much things that we do not understand in our own world let alone life on a distant planet that we can't even reach out to, let alone imagine... I'd say 50/50 - to the existence of alien lifeforms...

And take a look at the periodic table that chemistry students so closely adhered to...? What makes you think that's all there is to it? There could be elements that have yet been discovered even on this planet, and there could be many more on Mars (unless MM can spill his secret)... or maybe Saturn or Jupiter, or all the way to the dwarf planet PLUTO! (Which btw - we have officially 8 planets in our solar system, not 9).

Until we are able to reach the ends of our very own galaxy, otherwise everything that we are talking about now regarding alien life-forms are purely based on conjectures (some no doubt are based on scientific evidences that we do already know, but not the opposite) - AKA kopitiam talk...
    True, true! Even on earth alone, we have so much thing we dun understand and haven't explored! I always like my mind to wonder at night, is there God, is there ghost, what's after death, do we have soul, do animals have soul, is geomacy true....?
    Canon 7D with 15-85mm

True, true! Even on earth alone, we have so much thing we dun understand and haven't explored! I always like my mind to wonder at night, is there God, is there ghost, what's after death, do we have soul, do animals have soul, is geomacy true....?
    Boy, do you ever get enough sleep??? You those topics will keep your mind awake for a very long time!

Actually you don't have to look too far to search for mind-boggling topics... just take a look at our own human self is good enough... The Human being is the most problematic and the most difficult subject to understand and what's worst? Why do we always have to make things so damn complicated!?
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 27th April 2010 at 04:13 PM.

anything is possible, i am sure the alien can adapt themselves to whatever environment that were born.

Just like the Antarctica penguins, they can survive at -40 deg. Who knows the aliens are used to live in temperature of 100 deg and they found that the earth, with an average temperature of 20-30 deg, is too cold for them?

May be the alien don't need water to survive, but something else that we may never heard of? One man's meat is another man posion, the alien never attack the earth probably because they found our environment not suitable for them
    Last edited by Wai; 27th April 2010 at 04:22 PM.
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast