Thread: Inanimate life

Default Inanimate life

First post in any photo-critique thread!

Man's affection to a seemingly soulless object. (550D, 18-135mm @ 135mm,f/6.3,1/125,ISO-800)

1.in what area is critique to be sought?

Composition, technique, lighting etc.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

Show the life and soul behind inanimate objects. For the dragon boats, these are like precious to them. To me, it' s my beloved piano

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

Hopefully can lower ISO but very overcast sky due to storm. Just after heavy storm at bedok reservior. Decided to brave it despite overcast sky in the end get stuck at shelter for 1 hour Felt victorious that i decided to just go! the aftershowers were very refreshing

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

I kind of like the ExxonMobil tag which attracted me in the first place

I just started about 3 weeks back in photography and hope to improve by guidance and alot of reading up! comments welcome!

Default Re: Inanimate life

If your last statement is true, i.e. only 3 weeks down the road of photography, then you are having a kick start and the following progress should be fast ( maybe not so furious ).

There are graphic element or pattern in your shot ( this is one plus ), and a colour picture which looks like black and white, ( this is two plus )...head swelling ?
    However, the graphic impact is not strong enough and the pattern seems incomplete.
    I would have prefers not to have any words or text..if it is meant to be a pictorial shot.

Consider as a good result of a rainy day outing ( this can be three plus ). Anyway, you'd done your best, reckon this is one of many that you'd taken.

Btw, Singapore doesn't have that much storm, heavy rain or shower maybe.
    Should there be a real storm, you'll be running for cover, not for your life, but equipment.
    Last edited by cabbySHE; 29th April 2010 at 04:10 AM.