Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Recommendations for digital camera?

why don u consider cannon A70 ?

guess it's almost obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion
    guess it's almost obsolete.
    Erm, so? It's still capable of taking great pictures isn't? It received great reviews when it came out, is capable of taking wonderful pictures, and it's still the same great camera today...

Check out thisthread , taken with a A40.

Get the A80, it is a one of the best value, best buy dig.cam ard.

Guess i'll most likely get the A80 or nikon3200 due to using of AA or AAA batteries and within my budget.Btw,is there any need to get a photo printer?Using HP deskjet 840C...but ink very expensive.

i think you should get the A80. cool camera with nice functions to play around with, whats more canon now have promotion, free 128mb sandisk CF with every purchase of A80. If you wanna get it, make it fast, i think the promo ending soon

Default budget cam?

Hi! Get a cam with a flipout screen (like some of the canons and nikons) or a swivel lens (sony and nikon). Its great fun to take pix of odd angles and to take pixa of yourself when there's no one around. I got an old sony dsf55 and i totally love it!

e promotion for A80 end on 18 april.. gonna make it fast if u wan ya.. jus chk it out from SLS

I go for 3700 at ard $530. The battery is very lasting.

Quote Originally Posted by ~LiNdA~
    e promotion for A80 end on 18 april.. gonna make it fast if u wan ya.. jus chk it out from SLS
    Thx for the info.Was considering to get it during may...now might have to get it earlier.

Btw,is the A80 recommended if i do not have a pair of steady hands?

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-New
    I go for 3700 at ard $530. The battery is very lasting.
    i'll prefer to use AA or AAA batteries as can easily purchase anywhere.

whats a prosumer?
    and r they all digital?
    what r the price ranges and wch r the gd ones?

Quote Originally Posted by wainism
    whats a prosumer?
    and r they all digital?
    what r the price ranges and wch r the gd ones?
    Prosumer cameras usually refer to cameras that offer flexible control over shutter/aperture settings, and usually with more then 3* zoom.

All the major brands (Canon Fuji Olympus Sony Panasonic Nikon.....etc) have their own prosumer cameras. My personal preference is with Sony. Example of good ones in my opinion are the Sony F828 (8MP), F717 (5MP) and Sony V1(5MP). Sony's accessories like memory sticks and batteries may cost more, but their cameras offer exceptional sharpness and clarity in pictures.

Price can range from $900-$1500 depending on the model. Cheaper prices can be obtained 2nd hand of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ricleo
    Prosumer cameras usually refer to cameras that offer flexible control over shutter/aperture settings, and usually with more then 3* zoom.

All the major brands (Canon Fuji Olympus Sony Panasonic Nikon.....etc) have their own prosumer cameras. My personal preference is with Sony. Example of good ones in my opinion are the Sony F828 (8MP), F717 (5MP) and Sony V1(5MP). Sony's accessories like memory sticks and batteries may cost more, but their cameras offer exceptional sharpness and clarity in pictures.

Price can range from $900-$1500 depending on the model. Cheaper prices can be obtained 2nd hand of course.
    but then how reliable r 2nd hand man?
    what cams do u use?

but then how reliable r 2nd hand man?
    what cams do u use?
    2nd hand can be excellent if you know what you are looking for, know the market price, and know what you are doing. I shoot with a film SLR and 75% of my gear is second hand. You must realise that in photography, good conditioned second hand gear is a very good way to get top notch equipment at a fraction of the price you have to pay brand new.

Just check out the buy and sell forum. You can often find good stuff (some still with the original manufacturer's warrantry left to run!) for around 60-70% of the brand new price. I don't know whether this is particular to Singapore or not, but when new equipment comes out (and this happens very fast for digital cameras but not so for film), alot of people who bought the old model then dump their old model to go for the new old, eventhough there's nothing intrinsically wrong with the old one. Of course, this is good for poor photographers like me...

Very true. I use a Sony F717, bought it 2nd hand in perfect mint condition with all the original accessories, box, couple of months of warranty left at $800 when it was retailing at about $1500. You can get very good deals 2nd hand, but make sure you check the condition properly.

Quote Originally Posted by justarius
    2nd hand can be excellent if you know what you are looking for, know the market price, and know what you are doing. I shoot with a film SLR and 75% of my gear is second hand. You must realise that in photography, good conditioned second hand gear is a very good way to get top notch equipment at a fraction of the price you have to pay brand new.

Just check out the buy and sell forum. You can often find good stuff (some still with the original manufacturer's warrantry left to run!) for around 60-70% of the brand new price. I don't know whether this is particular to Singapore or not, but when new equipment comes out (and this happens very fast for digital cameras but not so for film), alot of people who bought the old model then dump their old model to go for the new old, eventhough there's nothing intrinsically wrong with the old one. Of course, this is good for poor photographers like me...

Quote Originally Posted by ricleo
    Very true. I use a Sony F717, bought it 2nd hand in perfect mint condition with all the original accessories, box, couple of months of warranty left at $800 when it was retailing at about $1500. You can get very good deals 2nd hand, but make sure you check the condition properly.
    oh...but what are the stuff that i should look out for?
    how about canon g5? been offered one at S$800 plus a 256mb card
    F717 will have storage probs not? mem stick is pretty ex
    where u guys look for 2nd hand huh?
    Last edited by wainism; 15th April 2004 at 09:13 PM.

$800 for a G5 and 256MB card seems to be a rather reasonable deal. G5 is a good camera too. F717 may be bigger, but the bigger zoom, Carl Zeis lenses are worth it. CCD Sensor size is bigger in the bigger camera too, and for sensor size, bigger is definitely better.

Memory sticks may be more expensive compared to compact flash, but sort of on par with SD cards now. Eastgear carries 256MB MSpro (sandisk) at only $119 SGD!!

http://www.massorder.com/shop/produc...e5fb0a95a8d0b7

oh...but what are the stuff that i should look out for?
    how about canon g5? been offered one at S$800 plus a 256mb card
    F717 will have storage probs not? mem stick is pretty ex
    where u guys look for 2nd hand huh?

whats the diff btw the 717 and the 707?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast