Thread: Labour day

Default Labour day

this year's labour day falls on saturday..
    so is friday(30 apr) a holiday?
    or monday(3 may)?
    or 1 day added to annual leave?

Default Re: Labour day

monday(3 may) off-in-lieu

Quote Originally Posted by fozosix View Post
    this year's labour day falls on saturday..
    so is friday(30 apr) a holiday?
    or monday(3 may)?
    or 1 day added to annual leave?
    depending on company policy, some is 1 day added to annual leave, some is monday off
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

mine nothing... pui... FML...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I'm not too sure about this, but i think the employment act does have a clause which covers public holidays falling on saturdays (or rest days)

"Holidays
    88. (1) Every employee shall be entitled to a paid holiday at his gross rate of pay on such of the days specified in the Schedule to the Holidays Act (Cap. 126) as fall during the time that he is employed, subject to the following:

(a) by agreement between the employer and the employee any other day or days may be substituted for any one or more of the days specified in that Schedule;

(b) if any of the days specified in that Schedule falls on a rest day, the working day next following that rest day shall be a paid holiday; and

(c) if any of the days specified in that Schedule falls on a day when the employee is not required to work under his contract of service, the employer may either pay the employee for that holiday at his gross rate of pay or give the employee a day off in substitution for that holiday. "

i only know my company practices this as a policy, and that it was a legal requirement. So if saturday happens to be a public holiday, all staff gets credited one extra day of annual leave.

mine only add 1/2 day to annual leave...
    dunno where the other 1/2 day gone :|

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archlover View Post
    mine only add 1/2 day to annual leave...
    dunno where the other 1/2 day gone :|
    students get off day!

There's no such thing as Labour Day here in Brunei.
    Last edited by tammyt; 27th April 2010 at 10:25 PM.
    The thing that i fear the most, is that my pictures will bore you to death...

For those working 5.5 days and a PH falls on Sat means Sat no work. No off day compensation on the following working day nor will there be an additional day of leave given to their A L.

For those working 5 days and a PH falls on Sat means the following working day will be an off day to compensate for the PH, or staffs will continue to work from the following working day as per norm but will be compensated with 1 more day in their A L.
    Last edited by NovJoe; 27th April 2010 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post
    For those working 5 days and a PH falls on Sat means the following working day will be an off day to compensate for the PH, or staffs will continue to work from the following working day as per norm but will be compensated with 1 more day in their A L.
    some companies do not recognise this despite 5 work days.

ts - only if a public holiday falls on sunday, the next working day will be a public holiday. doesn't apply to saturdays. mom leaves to the discretion of the company to decide.

okie understood thanks all!

Shall we expect more children to be born on this day?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lichtleiter View Post
    Shall we expect more children to be born on this day?
    nope. u shld expect more children to be born approximately 9 months after this day

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    some companies do not recognise this despite 5 work days.

ts - only if a public holiday falls on sunday, the next working day will be a public holiday. doesn't apply to saturdays. mom leaves to the discretion of the company to decide.
    True that some companies don't recognize it but so far, the companies I'm working in do recognize. Probably TS has to check with his HR on it to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post
    True that some companies don't recognize it but so far, the companies I'm working in do recognize. Probably TS has to check with his HR on it to confirm.
    lucky you!

let me give you a more complicated scenario.

i was in dubai for official work over good friday holiday. in dubai, friday is the weekend and they obviously dont recognise good friday as a public holiday in middle east.

like that how?