Thread: ILford Super premium photo pearl paper

Default ILford Super premium photo pearl paper

Hi,

I got this and printed it on ordinary brother printer DCP-145C. The color look a bit wash out and not same as what i see on screen.

However, when i use Brother glossy photo paper on the same printer, the color is ok and look close to the screen.

I went to Ilford website to check for printer profile and setting. But i do not see such product there. Why it is not the same as the website?

how to solve the problem?

song

Default Re: ILford Super premium photo pearl paper

Quote Originally Posted by song View Post
    Hi,

I got this and printed it on ordinary brother printer DCP-145C. The color look a bit wash out and not same as what i see on screen.

However, when i use Brother glossy photo paper on the same printer, the color is ok and look close to the screen.

I went to Ilford website to check for printer profile and setting. But i do not see such product there. Why it is not the same as the website?

how to solve the problem?

song
    The paper is not as optimized for your printer compared to brother original glossy paper. You might want to compensate by increasing the satuation. Also, what is the paper setting u use when u print with the ILford paper?

I am using Canon Pro9000, when using 3rd party semi-gloss paper, I bo-chup and still tell the printer to treat my paper as a Canon Photo Paper Pro Semi-Gloss. Results is excellent.

Default Re: ILford Super premium photo pearl paper

I don't know about you buy I've came across smth like that before.
    But it can be also due to the paper.

Sometimes.... It can be due to the colour profile (w/o calibration).. On screen, it is sRGB and on print, it's CMYK.