This week on Photoshop TV I did a Lightroom/Camera Raw preset tutorial. Part of the tutorial was creating a vintage-style look for your photos. It came out great and definitely adds a nice 70’s look to a photo. So I decided to create two Lightroom presets for it. One of them is simply the vintage look and will work fine in Lightroom 2 and Lightroom 3 Beta. The second one incorporates the same look but also the Grain setting which is only in the Lightroom 3 beta. As a general guideline I found these presets work best on photos with lots of blue in them (sky, water, etc…).
As always, your comments are welcome. Download ‘em and let me know what you think.
(Note: The Photoshop TV show that I’m referring to above may not be out until later on Monday)
1) Unzip the preset zip file on to your desktop
2) Go to the Develop module. NOTE: YOU MUST BE THE DEVELOP MODULE
3) Go to the Presets panel on the left. Right click anywhere in it and choose “Import”.
4) Select the .lrtemplate files you unzipped in Step 1 and click Import NOTE: DO NOT IMPORT THE ZIP FILE
• Click here to download the preset.
• Click here to see a sample of the preset.