Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242932333435363944 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (45!!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (45!!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    cheesecake send in his resume liao!!!!!!!!!
    oh no, he'll rid of lucas on a free transfer and we lugi another 8million!

tks for the many gd memories rafa..

huat ah!

no more rafart bendhisdick! SOLID SIAH!!

its a new beginning!!!

now to get martin o'neill over.

and to clear out the RUBBISH left behind by the once-great-gaffer. the likes of bubblegum, louya leiva, dirty kite, kryptonite, aqualanlan... pls get out of Anfield together with the 2 brokeback cowboys!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

best news in a long while, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    Yes people almost there!! Mark Hughes could be coming in..
    impossible. he dun haf much pedigree and not forgetting his close ties with the rubbish manCircle united clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    wow. that is CC ultimate wish since 2008 if im not wrong !
    YES!!!

i lost whatever little faith in this little fella ever since he sold Alonso!!

GERRARD COULD FOLLOW BENITEZ

So Rafa's on his way out. And it seems it could be a pretty big summer at Anfield.

For The Daily Telegraph reports that Real Madrid have made Steven Gerrard their 'primary transfer target' this summer.

Jose Mourinho has been making eyes at Gerrard for a while now, but The Telegraph claims Florentino Perez has taken things into his own hands, and will chuck a load of cash Liverpool's way in return for their captain. A tactic that has succeeded once or twice in the past, you may recall.

Look a little closer, and you'll see that they appear to have taken their story from yesterday's Marca, but just because it was in that rag, doesn't necessarily mean it's not true.

Could well be a busy time.

and there will always be some ppl who are scared of the unknown.

they like to hold on to their security blanket and shiver away in the night.

"oh, we are in huge debt. oh, we dun haf $$. oh, at least we still have a WORLD CLASS GAFFER. oh, you shouldn't rejoice at raf999's departure."

what are you all scared of?

i've seen some of the darkest days in LFC history when that graeme souness took us all out and spent! 7th in the table!!!

uncertainty ahead, so what????? what are you scared of????

what could be more scary then a future that is predictable?

go forth and venture!

we're a huge and prestigious football club with a proud history. we will still be able to attract some of the biggest names.

i'm not afraid of the unknown. i'm afraid of another mediocre and predictable season under a gaffer who has obviously lost the dressing room.

be not afraid! let the rebuilding begin!!

You'll Never Walk Alone!!!

Deregistered

but seriously i feel that rafa tactics is getting old after his 4-5-1 famous formation win against AC milan. . . and managers study the game play and counter Liverpool .

that's why we are in 7th placing. . and seriously , we either buang and draw with teams like stoke , Wigan , Hull City, Wtf is rafa thinking . for that last year cost ... See Moreus our 19th title.

And for a world Class manager status ( it says in my football manager ) getting a 7th place, sure get sack. And for a manager at his status, 1 Champions league major trophy is not enough.

I would like to bring up a point that rafa made mistakes over and over again. HIS TRANSFER LIST , wth he buy Aquailini for as u know Seria A , gameplay is too slow and boring that he sure cant make it in BPL , another joke was Lucas, i dont know why but when he step on the field , it made me feel like vomitting, MAKING FALSE SPECULATION on Garth Barry and XABI ALONSO left Liverpool. So smart of rafa, if let Alonso at least get Barry at least he is an english man, but heck, he got an Italian crap from Roma. Seriously this made LFC supporters grow more white hair than eating Maggi Mee everyday.

let the slow and long team building start all over.

You'll Never Walk Alone

let those who want out of Anfield leave, make no sense of keeping them..

those who want to make amends for last season are only needed. (not including lucas and aqualanlan)

Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post

those who want to make amends for last season are only needed. (not including lucas and aqualanlan)

Member/Tangshooter

Liverpool fans burn US flag

Liverpool soccer club fans protest against the American owners outside Anfield, Liverpool. -- PHOTO: AP

LONDON - OVER 500 angry Liverpool fans marched on the club's Anfield ground on Thursday and burned the US flag in protest at the English giants' American owners, the Daily Telegraph reported.

Five-time European champions Liverpool have been saddled with 351 million pounds (S$723 million) of debt since American businessmen Tom Hicks and George Gillett took over the club in February 2007.

Spanish coach Rafael Benitez was sacked on Thursday after a season that saw Liverpool finish seventh in the Premier League and crash out of the Champions League at the group stage. The protest had already been organised prior to confirmation of Benitez's dismissal, however, with fans invited to join a march to the stadium on social networking sites Twitter and Facebook, according to the Telegraph.

'This is another example of how this club has become the biggest farce in town. In a sense, Benitez is just collateral damage. When you look at Liverpool in a general manner, who will want to take the club on?' said Paul Rice, of the supporters' group Spirit of Shankly, quoted by the paper.

Fans also called for the dismissal of managing director Christian Purslow, who was brought in to secure new investment in the club but has so far failed to do so. Photographs on the Telegraph's website showed Liverpool fans carrying banners that read 'Thanks Rafa. Purslow and Yanks Get Out Now' and 'Tom and George Tell Lies'.

Another picture showed them burning a hole in the American flag. -- AFP

Source
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post

Liverpool soccer club fans protest against the American owners outside Anfield, Liverpool. -- PHOTO: AP

LONDON - OVER 500 angry Liverpool fans marched on the club's Anfield ground on Thursday and burned the US flag in protest at the English giants' American owners, the Daily Telegraph reported.

Five-time European champions Liverpool have been saddled with 351 million pounds (S$723 million) of debt since American businessmen Tom Hicks and George Gillett took over the club in February 2007.

Spanish coach Rafael Benitez was sacked on Thursday after a season that saw Liverpool finish seventh in the Premier League and crash out of the Champions League at the group stage. The protest had already been organised prior to confirmation of Benitez's dismissal, however, with fans invited to join a march to the stadium on social networking sites Twitter and Facebook, according to the Telegraph.

'This is another example of how this club has become the biggest farce in town. In a sense, Benitez is just collateral damage. When you look at Liverpool in a general manner, who will want to take the club on?' said Paul Rice, of the supporters' group Spirit of Shankly, quoted by the paper.

Fans also called for the dismissal of managing director Christian Purslow, who was brought in to secure new investment in the club but has so far failed to do so. Photographs on the Telegraph's website showed Liverpool fans carrying banners that read 'Thanks Rafa. Purslow and Yanks Get Out Now' and 'Tom and George Tell Lies'.

Source
    can we gather together to burn 1 too?? Spearhead by our kelong admin.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post

Source
    wah angry mob..

hong lim park.

Yankees finally did something right! Byebye Raf9, thanks for the memories (painful ones included)

OK, time for the Yankees to go next.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Yankees finally did something right! Byebye Raf9, thanks for the memories (painful ones included)

OK, time for the Yankees to go next.
    shld be cb's gone 1st, not next..
    but think itll be players next, not them..

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    shld be cb's gone 1st, not next..
    but think itll be players next, not them..
    ur CB.... always make me think of something else!

The Liverpool Job: The Contenders

Posted 03/06/10 13:48

We take a look at the top six candidates in the betting - so that's Martin O'Neill, Guus Hiddink, Kenny Dalglish, Roy Hodgson, Oswaldo De Oliviera and Jurgen Klinsmann. Who's next?

MARTIN O'NEILL (6/4)
    Currently: Manager of Aston Villa but only on a rolling contract.

Pedigree: Three SPL titles with Celtic and cup finals with Leicester and Aston Villa.

Why He Will Be Liverpool Manager: An impressive record on a relatively-small budget would appeal, as would his ability to recruit and improve young players like James Milner and Ashley Young. A lack of a long-term contract at Villa makes him cheaply available, and he would probably relish the opportunity to sit at the big table. If Liverpool were looking for the best available, upwardly-mobile manager currently in the Premier League, then they would look towards O'Neill. Tactically he would also be a good fit - a counter-attacking manager for a counter-attacking club.

Why He Won't Be Liverpool Manager: Little experience of dealing with big-name, big-ego footballers and there would be question marks about his ability to recruit foreign footballers. He certainly lacks the pull of a Benitez or a Mourinho to La Liga or Serie A players, and has almost exclusively bought players from British football. Liverpool's foreign owners may not see O'Neill as quite sexy enough to attract investors.

KENNY DALGLISH (5/2)
    Currently: Academy Ambassador.

Pedrigree: Four titles with Liverpool and Blackburn - the last in 1995.

Why He Will Be Liverpool Manager: He loves the club, he knows the club, he's already at the club. He might not be a long-term option but his passion could be seen as the short-term solution until the owners manage to sell the club. The fans are already on his side and would give him the time they might not afford to an outsider, while if anyone can get the best out of the Academy graduates, it's Dalglish.

Why He Won't Be Liverpool Manager: His last managerial success was in 1995 and the Premier League has changed an awful lot in 15 years. After years on the golf course, would he have the energy needed to manage a big top-flight club? Would he have the contacts to bring in players from other leagues? Would he want to risk ruining his standing amongst Liverpool fans? It would be a curious step backwards and one that would hardly smack of ambition from Liverpool.

GUUS HIDDINK (4/1)
    Currently: Waiting to take the reins with Turkey.

Pedigree: Six Dutch titles plus the European Cup with PSV, FA Cup success with Chelsea and major tournament semi-finals with Holland, South Korea and Russia.

Why He Will Be Liverpool Manager: A short spell at Chelsea gave him a tantalising spell of life back in club football, and specifically in the Premier League. He has a stellar reputation for excellent man-management (he is held in high esteem at Stamford Bridge despite the brevity of his tenure) as well as coaching skills, and his name is familiar across the globe - not something that could be said for O'Neill. On paper, he's a sound option.

Why He Won't Be Liverpool Manager: He's promised to another. As recently as this week, his agent distanced him from the Inter Milan job because he has promised Turkey that he will take over on July 1. Would he break that promise for a club not even in the Champions League? And at 63, does he represent a long-term option in an incredibly stressful job?

ROY HODGSON (4/1)
    Currently: Manager of a Fulham side punching above their weight.

Pedrigree: Titles in Sweden and Denmark, Inter in the UEFA Cup final and Fulham in the Europa final.

Why He Will Be Liverpool Manager: A master of organisation, Hodgson would certainly get the best possible out of Liverpool without spending a vast amount of money. He also has the likeability factor because nobody dislikes Woy except Blackburn fans with long memories. He's managed at Inter Milan so he certainly wouldn't be phased by the pressure, and he's made it clear he doesn't see himself at Fulham forever. If Liverpool are looking for a safe pair of hands, they could do an awful lot worse.

Why He Won't Be Liverpool Manager: Appointing a 62-year-old manager does not emit a clear signal in terms of long-term planning, while - like O'Neill - he would lack the X Factor. He's nice enough but hardly dynamic. Should one of the biggest clubs in the world be managed by a likeable granddad?

MANUEL PELLEGRINI (10/)
    Currently: Out of work after leaving Real Madrid.

Pedrigree: Various titles in South America and then led Villarreal to the Champions League semi-finals.

Why He Will Be Liverpool Manager: He's available, for a start - so there's no compensation to be paid. His record at Villarreal was astonishing on a relatively small budget (he even managed to split Barca and Real Madrid) and his 'failure' at Madrid has done little to damage his reputation. He speaks fluent English and - importantly for any Liverpool manager - Spanish.

Why He Won't Be Liverpool Manager: From Real Madrid to a Liverpool side not in the Champions League is quite a considerable drop - surely if he bides his time, there will be better jobs available. Never having worked outside of a Spanish-speaking country, could he be lured to the north of England?

OSWALDO DE OLIVIERA (12/1)
    Currently: Manager of Japanese side Kashimi Antlers.

Pedrigree: One Brazilian title and three successive J-League trophies.

Why He Will Be Liverpool Manager: We're guessing he would be relatively cheap - jumping at the chance to manage in Europe for the first time in his career. We won't pretend we know anything about his personality or tactics, but we're assuming he can't be an absolute chump if he's won three J-League titles.

Why He Won't Be Liverpool Manager: A lack of standing in European football, the very real possibility of making yourselves a massive laughing stock by replacing a Champions League winner with an unknown. Looking towards Japan worked for Arsenal with Arsene Wenger, but what are the chances of that happening again? It's hardly like English football and Brazilians have ever been an easy fit.

JURGEN KLINSMANN (12/1)
    Currently: Out of work since being sacked by Bayern Munich last year.

Pedrigree: Led Germany to unexpected third-place finish in 2006 World Cup.

Why He Will Be Liverpool Manager: He was 'sounded out' by Tom Hicks when Rafa was flirting with Inter Milan and Barcelona, as his standing in the US is rather higher than on this side of the pond. He speaks very good English and has an affinity with the league and country after two spells with Tottenham. He has a reputation for a 'new broom' approach that could suit a club desperate to move on from the Benitez era.

Why He Won't Be Liverpool Manager: Had one job in club football and blew it - getting the sack from Bayern Munich after less than a year. It's hardly the kind of record that would see him welcomed at Anfield with open arms by fans already angry with the club for getting rid of a Champions League winner. There's also a lingering suspicion that Klinsmann is a little too keen on life in the States - would he really want to leave California for Merseyside?

THE REST

McLeish 16/1, Schuster, Blanc 20/1, Hughes 22/1

sauce!

can ask bro rodz to donate one of his limited edition dirty kite's g-string and see him burn the g-string and the flag.

we all stand one side and sing "You'll Never Walk Alone" while bro rodz does the brave deed of burning the dirty kite's g-string and the cowboys' flag!

we salute bro rodz!! its ok!! now u can go n manage innards-meekly!!