Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192427282930313439 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (45!!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (45!!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

'POOL FEAR LOSING GERRARD'

Something rather different on the backpage of The Daily Mail:

'Liverpool fear that captain Steven Gerrard's frustration with life under Rafael Benitez will see him leave Anfield this summer if he gets the right offer.'

To quote a little bit more of the juicy bits:

'Sportsmail understands that the Anfield hierarchy are concerned by the lack of a relationship between the midfielder and manager Benitez and fear he will look at other options this summer.

'With Benitez's game of bluff and counter-bluff with the Liverpool board over his future at an impasse, it seems likely that the Spaniard will still be at the club next season.

'It is feared, however, that this will heighten Gerrard's sense of gloom with regard to the future and many people at the club are thought to feel it unlikely that the next campaign will begin with both manager and captain on board.'

It goes without saying that Man City are duly mentioned in the story.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Rafa losing touch with Liverpool liao. If Gerrard really goes, can kiss next season goodbye also.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Rafa losing touch with Liverpool liao. If Gerrard really goes, can kiss next season goodbye also.
    he lost touch nongnong ago liao!

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post

if his heart is not with us, then better to cash in before no one wants him
    I am refering to Gerrard of course, i am not sure which kkj club is going to take rafa

I doubt RB will leave the club...coz reading all those transfer targets...RB is very much involved...

to those player/s who wish to leave...let them leave...better players left the club in the past...LFC manage to replace with even better players...so what if SG leaves...he played this season & we still finished 7th...so what if masch wants to leave...he got sent off on few occasions due to his stupidity...so what if FT also leaves...when Rush left we got Fowler...owen...as replacement...im sure if FT leaves we will have our new super striker...right now we dont noe how Jovanovic is...hes coming on free transfer...he could be another voronin but he could also be someone who could score loads of goals for us...

Next season will be tougher...teams will be stronger...instead of the big 4...i think its now big 7 or 8...i'm sure we'll improve on our league standing next season...we'll learn from this season's failure...

hopefully raf999 will leave for Inter or some other clubs soon!

the faster he go, the faster the board can decide on a replacement and the faster we can start again, fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    I doubt RB will leave the club...coz reading all those transfer targets...RB is very much involved...

to those player/s who wish to leave...let them leave...better players left the club in the past...LFC manage to replace with even better players...so what if SG leaves...he played this season & we still finished 7th...so what if masch wants to leave...he got sent off on few occasions due to his stupidity...so what if FT also leaves...when Rush left we got Fowler...owen...as replacement...im sure if FT leaves we will have our new super striker...right now we dont noe how Jovanovic is...hes coming on free transfer...he could be another voronin but he could also be someone who could score loads of goals for us...

Next season will be tougher...teams will be stronger...instead of the big 4...i think its now big 7 or 8...i'm sure we'll improve on our league standing next season...we'll learn from this season's failure...
    ....... ..........

Gerrard shuns speculation

May 22, 2010

Steven Gerrard has vowed to learn from past mistakes and not let speculation about his Liverpool future wreck his World Cup.

Once again, Gerrard's Anfield future is the subject of fevered speculation. Having slumped to a seventh-placed finish in a season where Liverpool were expecting to mount a serious title challenge, the 29-year-old is at a crossroads.

Real Madrid are said to be interested in the midfielder, whilst closer to home Chelsea have never made any secret of their admiration for a player who came so close to joining them in the past.

Those links are bound to be revived now Rafael Benitez appears committed to another four years with the Merseyside giants despite interest from Juventus.

But Gerrard is determined to ignore it all, to the point where he has expressly told agents, friends and close family not to discuss his future in public, or even tell him what is being written.

"I fell into a trap four years ago at the last World Cup,'' Gerrard said. "I used to go back to my room, read the papers and go on the internet and then I would speak to people at home who were telling me that there was stuff going on.

"I knew that Chelsea were very interested because my agent was telling me. Every time I went back to my room I was driving myself mad thinking about whether I should go to Chelsea. Mentally it might have drained me. I don't know if it did or not but I won't make that mistake again.''

The warnings have been issued. Gerrard may not be able to do anything about the wider chatter. But the elements he can control, he has.

"People around me are under strict instructions not to be talking about my club future or any speculation,'' Gerrard said. "It's not important now.

"What is important is that I have a good and successful World Cup with the team. Agents, friends and family have been told not to be talking about club stuff to me.''

Gerrard feels he is experienced enough now to maintain that approach for the next eight weeks, which might not be easy given the number of words likely to be written about a club who have so dramatically under-performed and whose ownership structure only fuels the sense of chaos.

"Last year was a massive disappointment after finishing second the previous season,'' he said. "The challenge for me then was 'can we go one step further?'. Instead we took steps backwards.

"It has been very difficult, both personally and for everyone in the squad, to deal with the amount of setbacks that we have had. Hopefully things might happen whilst I am away.

"There might be players coming into Liverpool to help strengthen the team. But I'm not really interested at the moment in what's going on at Liverpool. My main focus is the World Cup.''

It is what happens afterwards that fills most Liverpool fans with a sense of foreboding. Although Jamie Carragher insisted earlier this week that no-one was bigger that the club he has spent his entire career with, the loss of Gerrard would be very hard to take for the Kop-ites, who struggle to see how a top-four place can be regained without an injection of cash.

These are all issues Gerrard intends to address in the middle of July, by which time he hopes to have a World Cup winners' medal to cherish.

"I won't consider my future or think about what is going to happen to me until after the World Cup,'' Gerrard said. "I am experienced enough now to park issues like that. I am really focused and determined to put all my energy into playing for England.''

a change in management of the team will do wonders.

we need a new gaffer, someone with some credentials and promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post

You forgot we need to have new owners too!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    think no one in their right mind will want to sign LFC for an overly inflated price tag set by the brokeback cowboys.

i'm very much resigned to losing Stevie G if that raf999 remains in charge of LFC.

SPECIAL ONE PLUS CR9 X STEVIE G & MAICON = SUCCESS?

Real Madrid's expenditure over the last 18 months could have saved Greece from financial ruin but the Bernabeu board aren't done yet. According to the Sunday Times Jose Mourinho will bid farewell to Inter and join the Madrid comedy club where he will make a 40-million bid for Steven Gerrard, who snubbed Chelsea to live off past glories at Anfield. Oh and Maicon might also follow Jose to Spain.

WHO WILL REPLACE GERRARD?

The Sunday Mirror suggests rather absurdly that James Milner doesn't fancy Champions League footy. Apparently the Aston Villa star has some friends and has told them he's keen on joining Rafa Benitez's catenaccio experiment on Merseyside rather than play in Europe's top tournament with Manchester United and Chelsea, who are also interested in signing the England man.

Torres has told me he is staying at Liverpool - Reina

Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina believes club and country team-mate Fernando Torres will remain at Anfield next season.

Torres has been linked with a move away from Merseyside after the club's poor campaign, with Chelsea and Barcelona supposedly in the running for the Spain international's services.

But Reina spoke to his compatriot this week and claims Torres is committed to turning the club's fortunes around.

"I am calm about Fernando,'' Reina said in quotes reported by the People. "I spoke to him about his future and he has told me that he intends to continue with us.

"Fernando suffered so many blows last season, but he is a professional and has always wanted to do well for us. That is what he remains - committed to this club.''

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has also been strongly linked with a move away from the club this summer, with Inter Milan a possible destination, but Reina is equally convinced his manager will stay put.

"I am convinced that Rafa will still be with us and that is good for us because he wants revenge in the next campaign,'' he said.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport...ml?CMP=OTC-RSS

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    Torres has told me he is staying at Liverpool - Reina

Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina believes club and country team-mate Fernando Torres will remain at Anfield next season.

Torres has been linked with a move away from Merseyside after the club's poor campaign, with Chelsea and Barcelona supposedly in the running for the Spain international's services.

But Reina spoke to his compatriot this week and claims Torres is committed to turning the club's fortunes around.

"I am calm about Fernando,'' Reina said in quotes reported by the People. "I spoke to him about his future and he has told me that he intends to continue with us.

"Fernando suffered so many blows last season, but he is a professional and has always wanted to do well for us. That is what he remains - committed to this club.''

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has also been strongly linked with a move away from the club this summer, with Inter Milan a possible destination, but Reina is equally convinced his manager will stay put.

"I am convinced that Rafa will still be with us and that is good for us because he wants revenge in the next campaign,'' he said.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport...ml?CMP=OTC-RSS
    torres pls stay and raf999, pls get the hell out of Anfield!

someone like Oneill?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    yes pls...

i think u'll only have one wish granted...FT will stay...coz RB will stay too..

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post

nice one!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know we are seeing our LFC at 7th placing.
    But anyone getting the New Home Jersey?
    It dont look so gd as previous session. But the Jersey going to last for 2 yrs.
    I will go to shop to take a look first before i can decide.
    Canon 80IXUS | Nikon D5000 | EPML1| OMD EM10

yossi leaving? heading to chelsea??

Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    yossi leaving? heading to chelsea??

Not yet. Not confirm yet.
    Canon 80IXUS | Nikon D5000 | EPML1| OMD EM10

our good players all linked with rumours to move here move there
    no interest in our kkj players
    and no good players linked to us

Come on, where's the new owners???