Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718212641 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (45!!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (45!!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    chris coleman tio sacked liao la.

cheesecake is rumoured to be heading the shortlist as the new manager of LFC!
    so now the list of potential rafa replacements will include cookie and possible mancini..
    better not be chesecake, wait we see his girls on the field as they r his favorites!

Rafa Benitez: I want Fernando Torres cash

Rafa Benitez will hold crunch talks with Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton today with his tenure as manager in the balance and the club reeling from Chelsea's bold move for Fernando Torres.

As Chelsea prepare to offer 70million for Liverpool's star striker, Benitez will meet Broughton in London and demand written assurances that all money raised from player sales can be used to sign new ones.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz0n9EXLtbC

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post

Rafa Benitez will hold crunch talks with Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton today with his tenure as manager in the balance and the club reeling from Chelsea's bold move for Fernando Torres.

As Chelsea prepare to offer 70million for Liverpool's star striker, Benitez will meet Broughton in London and demand written assurances that all money raised from player sales can be used to sign new ones.

dam the 2 cowboys. destroying Liverpool Football Club.

What cash does he want?
    20 million for sacking him?
    the rest use to sign MC kings like aqualani?

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post

dam the 2 cowboys. destroying Liverpool Football Club.

it started the day they bought the club

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    What cash does he want?
    20 million for sacking him?
    the rest use to sign MC kings like aqualani?
    tamade!!! leave our Torres alone!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

LIVERPOOL SATISFIED WITH BENITEZ TALKS

Posted 06/05/10 20:47

Liverpool claim the meeting between Rafael Benitez, chairman Martin Broughton and managing director Christian Purslow was "constructive".

The Spaniard was hoping to be given an idea of what transfer budget is likely to await him in the summer, although it is unlikely Broughton - as a non-executive director - has the authority to give definite assurances.

Benitez was hoping to get a better idea about what the future holds both for the club and himself personally at the meeting, although unless a buyer is found it seems improbable co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett will invest any more money.

A Liverpool spokesman said: "We are pleased that the first of what is intended to be a series of meetings took place today between the chairman, managing director and the manager. The meeting was constructive.

"The chairman shared his views about plans for the future of the club. There was an exchange of views on issues of concern to both the board and the manager which were either addressed or to be picked up in forthcoming meetings."

Benitez has been linked with Juventus since January but the Italian club's failure to qualify for the Champions League - similar to Liverpool - and their apparent waning interest in appointing the Spaniard makes leaving a difficult option.

But staying and having to work on a limited budget - especially when Benitez believes he needs four of five players to at least get the squad back into top-four contention - also presents difficulties.

The feeling of uncertainty has not been helped by veteran defender Jamie Carragher's admission that he will not begin discussions on a new contract until the start of next season.

Carragher, 32, has dismissed suggestions he would leave Anfield if he did not get the right offer and insisted he wanted to see out his career at the club he joined as a boy.

"I've spoken to the manager about it and we both agreed that it would be better if we talked about it at the start of next season," said Carragher, who has acknowledged his playing days are nearing an end after organising a testimonial against boyhood favourites and near-neighbours Everton on September 4.

"I don't want to retire yet. I understand at my age you can only make decisions season by season but I want to finish my career at Liverpool.

"I don't want to play for anyone else."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland&cc=4716

Sullivan revealed to Soccernet how close the Hammers went to going out of business in January before he and Gold came their rescue. On the day Portsmouth meet their creditors, and in the week that the excessive salaries of players at Upton Park have been revealed, the clubs co-owner warns of the financial perils awaiting one of the game's real elite.

Hopefully not LFC...

PREMIER LEAGUE FOCUS

History repeating itself at Anfield

By Norman Hubbard
    (Archive)
    May 6, 2010

When history repeats itself, it is first as tragedy and second as farce. Thus reasoned Karl Marx, a left winger who influenced plenty in a politically-minded city such as Liverpool, long before Billy Liddell, Steve Heighway, Ray Kennedy or John Barnes ever appeared at Anfield.

There have been recurring themes at Liverpool this season and too often farce has been one of them: the own goals scored by Lucas Leiva and Glen Johnson against Aston Villa and Arsenal respectively, the horrifically misjudged back-pass Steven Gerrard delivered to Didier Drogba on Sunday, the saga about Rafa Benitez's future and the antics of Messrs Hicks and Gillett.

Liverpool's history places the notion of tragedy occurring on a football field in perspective, but there is repetition in abundance.

This is a club suffering from an acute case of deja vu. Liverpool in 2010 resembles the Liverpool of 2004 rather too closely. An imported manager, Gerard Houllier, had been revered a couple of years before he metamorphosed into 'Toulouse Le Plot'; now Benitez, once idolised, has lost the support of many. Each could point to notable triumphs earlier in his reign the Frenchman won a treble in 2001, the Spaniard lifted the Champions League of 2005 and oversaw Liverpool's finest Premier League campaign last year - but both found their authority waning in a sixth season at the helm.

Houllier's team achieved 60 points in his final campaign, leaving them 30 adrift of the league leaders. With a game to go, Benitez's statistics are only marginally more impressive: 62 points, 21 behind Chelsea. Each had a second-placed finish to his name, suggesting both men took the club forwards and then backwards again.

Look at the playing personnel and the similarities continue: in 2004, the captain's future became the subject of scrutiny; now, for the first time in five years, there are suggestions that Gerrard, who has the look of a disillusioned man, will depart. Six years ago, the star striker headed for the exit; now the fear is he does again. Then it was Michael Owen, now Fernando Torres who, despite hailing from Madrid, appears to have a greater attachment to Merseyside than his predecessor in the attack.

The squad Houllier bequeathed Benitez was underpinned by valiant veterans, whose spirit went unquestioned but whose value in the transfer market was limited. Then those descriptions applied to Dietmar Hamann and Sami Hyypia, both in their 30s; now Jamie Carragher is 32, while Dirk Kuyt turns 30 in the summer.

El-Hadji Diouf was the Alberto Aquilani of the Gerard Houllier era at Anfield
    Houllier also left a talented but frustrating winger of questionable temperament; in that respect, Ryan Babel may be Harry Kewell's successor. Both ranked among their respective managers' less successful recruits: so, indeed, did a 20 million investment.

Houllier, disastrously, committed that sum to El-Hadji Diouf, Salif Diao and Bruno Cheyrou; Benitez, so far utterly unsuccessfully, used it to sign Alberto Aquilani, who is infinitely more able but whose impact has been minimal.

The former manager departed having forced his replacement's hand. Houllier tied up the signing of Djibril Cisse before he left, at a cost of 14 million. Should Benitez go this summer, as appears increasingly likely, it will be after arranging the deals for Milan Jovanovic and Jonjo Shelvey. The parallels could continue - is Lucas the new Igor Biscan? Is Emiliano Insua following a tradition begun by Djimi Traore? - but they are both uncanny and unfortunate.

In 2004, as now, Liverpool's position among the elite was being endangered by the nouveau riche: first Chelsea, then Manchester City. And in 2004, as now, Liverpool needed a new stadium. It is no nearer being built.

Most damagingly, Houllier exited with Liverpool in something of a mess. They had too many substandard players and too few world-class footballers, they needed a radical overhaul to challenge for the title but they didn't have the resources required. The same criticisms are made now.

In one respect, however, they were in a better position then: David Moores lacked the funds to invest heavily but, unlike Hicks and Gillett, he did not load debt on the club. In another, the future may be brighter: Benitez has recognised the need for young talent. Stephen Warnock aside, he inherited no genuinely promising players. Shelvey may belong in that category along with Dani Pacheco, Daniel Sanchez Ayala, Martin Kelly, Krisztian Nemeth and still more inexperienced individuals like Raheem Sterling and Thomas Ince.

There is a difference, too, in that Benitez can control his own destiny, whereas Houllier's was determined by the Liverpool board. But should the Spaniard go, the verdicts on their reigns could be notable for the likenesses.

Admittedly, the current manager produced a better side, in last season's dynamic collective, and won the Champions League in unforgettable fashion. He brought still more from Gerrard and, in Torres, did something Houllier never achieved, by luring one of the world's top 20 players to Anfield.

But Houllier was also a manager with a genuine affinity with the club and one who identified with the fanbase; one who won a European trophy in improbable fashion and, for a while, appeared to be cultivating an aura of invincibility; one who was accused of defensiveness and one whose demise was in part attributable to misguided signings.

Had he gone earlier, he would have done so with his reputation higher. But he outstayed his welcome. So, now, has Benitez.

SMITH CALLS FOR BENITEZ TO COME CLEAN

By Ken Gaunt, Press Association Sport

Liverpool legend Tommy Smith has labelled the Reds' current campaign as "the season from hell" and pleaded with manager Rafael Benitez to clarify his future at the club.

Liverpool are in turmoil both on and off the pitch, having failed to qualify for the Champions League and with uncertainty regarding the Anfield outfit's future ownership.

And speculation continues to link Benitez with a move to Juventus at the end of a season that delivered another hard blow with Liverpool's elimination from the Europa League in the semi-finals last week.

It has all been too much for Smith, who spoke out in his Liverpool Echo column.

"Rafa has always said he loves the club, the fans and the city. For the sake of all three, he must now come out and make his intentions clear - one way or the other," Smith said.

"Rafa has said nothing publicly to suggest he is still up for the challenge, ready to try and sort out the problems and go again. That is only adding to the anxiety and fuelling more controversy.

"We all know the problems the American ownership has brought - and at times caused the manager. It can't have been easy for him to a degree but in truth he has made mistakes which cannot be blamed on (Tom) Hicks and (George) Gillett.

"Not only has this campaign been the season from hell, with 19 defeats, the manager is giving every indication he has had enough and wants out.

"One word sums up the whole, sorry state of affairs at Liverpool these days - embarrassing.

"Granted, Rafa's bought some really good players - but others seem happy to pull on the red shirt yet have no idea what it means to wear it.

"This squad isn't good enough and does not have enough depth to it. That is a crying shame because we've had such a strong spine with players like (Jose) Reina, (Jamie) Carragher, (Javier) Mascherano, (Steven) Gerrard and (Fernando) Torres to have built around."

Smith, who made 638 appearances for the club, believes the fans deserve better.

He added: "These Liverpool supporters are always there through thick and thin - and right now it is very thin times indeed for them all.

"The manager must first come out and make his intentions clear. Then we have to pray that soon the club is sold to owners who have the clout to invest in it and get us back on track.

"For the sake of those wonderful fans, I hope they get some good news soon. Because they deserve it."

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="7"]
    "For the sake of those wonderful fans, I hope they get some good news soon. Because they deserve it."
    not if cb's think they ought to get 800million pounds for their contributions..
    u add in a new stadium and some transfer costs, u're asking someone to throw a billion at the club..
    maybe we ought to convince that ghost with the hole in the pocket to come back..

Fernando Torres: If Rafa Benitez is too slow, I'll leave Liverpool (for 70million)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz0nGCQTL67

Fernando Torres: If Rafa Benitez is too slow, I'll leave Liverpool (for 70million)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz0nGCQTL67
    i jus hope that rafart leaves LFC.

we shud start anew, with a new gaffer and new owners.

cannot tahan another season with rafart bendhisdick in charge.

i wonder how badly we will buang this time round, if he stays and sell Torres and keep all his little lovers around.

louya leiva, dirty kite, bubblegum, kryptonite, aqualanlan, nab** ulcer, degenerate... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    not if cb's think they ought to get 800million pounds for their contributions..
    u add in a new stadium and some transfer costs, u're asking someone to throw a billion at the club..
    maybe we ought to convince that ghost with the hole in the pocket to come back..
    haizzzzzzzzz

PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS

Liverpool report pre-tax losses of 16 million

sauce!!

May 7, 2010

The extent of Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez's difficulties in terms of rebuilding his squad next season were laid bare by the publication of the club's financial accounts.

Although the figures are only dated to July 31 last year, they showed Liverpool as a club made an operating loss before tax of 16 million, down from a 10.2 million profit the previous year.

Kop Holdings, the company set up by co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett to buy Liverpool in 2007, continued to run up more debt as annual interest repayments on loans taken out to finance the purchase rose by 3.6 million to 40.1 million.

That resulted in the group making a loss before tax of 54.9 million, an increase of 14 million from 2008, which in turn contributed to Kop Holdings' debt rising from 299.8 million in 2008 to 351.4 million last year.

Benitez, who cancelled his usual pre-match press conference on Friday in order to avoid a drawn-out grilling on why Liverpool's season had been such a failure, has made it clear four or five new high-quality players, which he valued around 15 million apiece, are needed to inject life into his squad.

Even a conservative estimate puts his requested transfer kitty at 50 million - almost as much as the company lost last year.

The Spaniard's only hope is for a takeover to come sooner rather than later after the American co-owners put the club up for sale last month having admitted they could not - or possibly would not - take Liverpool any further.

But with debts mounting every year the likelihood of a swift resolution to the financial restraints at Anfield seems remote.

In addition to the current 351.4 million debt and Benitez's transfer requirements, funding also has to be provided for the new stadium.

According to the directors' report accompanying the accounts, Anfield only has a "useful economic life'' of five years - and that assessment was made 12 months ago.

With the finances in such dire straits Europe's richest clubs may sense an opportunity to cherry-pick Liverpool's top stars.

Chelsea have already been linked with a 70 million bid for striker Fernando Torres, while speculation has suggested Real Madrid may be prepared to pay 35 million for captain Steven Gerrard.

And while those sales, as unpalatable as they would be to Liverpool fans, would generate over 100 million there is no guarantee the manager would be allowed to re-invest all of the cash in new players.

Having missed out on the Champions League this season Liverpool cannot afford an extended absence from Europe's elite competition as participation alone is worth in the region of 25 million-a-year.

A closer examination of Liverpool's accounts shows just how much money has been wasted.

Former chief executive Rick Parry received a 4.295 million pay-off when he left last summer, a sum apparently negotiated with previous chairman David Moores around the time current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett entered the bidding to buy Liverpool back in 2007.

It is understood to be one of the biggest pay-offs to a sports administrator, dwarfing the 1.2 million Brian Barwick received when he left his post as Football Association chief executive in December 2008 and Keith Edelman's 1.5 million deal from Arsenal in the same year.

Inspection of this season's transfer dealings also reveals a shortfall in the money Benitez was presumed to have generated.

According to the accounts, the sale of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid, Andriy Voronin to Dinamo Moscow and Andrea Dossena to Napoli "guaranteed'' fees of 29.7 million.

Considering Alonso was believed to have been sold for 30 million alone, while the other two went for a combined 6 million, there is still some ground to make up, which presumably will come in the form of add-ons.

REDS REVEAL 4m PARRY PAY-OFF

Posted 07/05/10 12:43

WTF?!?!?!?! 4Mil GBP?!?!

Former Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry received a 4.295million pay-off when he left last summer, according to club's accounts.

The sum was apparently negotiated with former chairman David Moores around the time current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett entered the bidding to buy Liverpool back in 2007.

Under the terms of the deal, Parry received 4.238million in emoluments - the total remuneration for salary and bonuses - and a further 57,000 in company pension contributions.

It is understood to be one of the biggest pay-offs ever to a sports administrator, dwarfing the 1.2million Brian Barwick received when he left his post as Football Association chief executive in December 2008 and Keith Edelman's 1.5million deal from Arsenal in the same year.

Parry, who became Liverpool's chief executive in July 1998, announced he was quitting Liverpool in February last year after enduring difficulties in his relationships with both manager Rafael Benitez and Hicks, and eventually departed in the summer.

BROUGHTON ALLAYS TRANSFER FEARS

Posted 07/05/10 17:30

Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton has dismissed suggestions Fernando Torres or Steven Gerrard will have to be sold to ease the club's mounting debt.

Financial reports released for the first time show the club itself made an operating loss before tax of 16million in the year ending July 31 2009, down from a profit 10.2million profit in the previous 12 months.

Kop Holdings, the company set up by co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett to buy Liverpool in 2007, made a loss before tax of 54.9million.

That plunged the finances further into the red with the debt rising from 299.8million to 351.4million, with interest payments on loans increasing by 3.6million to 40.1million.

With their rivals sensing weakness there have already been reports of Chelsea preparing a 70million bid for Torres and Real Madrid considering a 35million offer for Gerrard.

Broughton said neither instances would be considered as both players remained integral to manager Rafael Benitez's team.

"There is absolutely no reason to sell either Torres or Gerrard," said the British Airways chairman, brought in last month by the co-owners to oversee the sale of the club.

"I don't want to sell either of them. Rafa does not want to sell either of them, the club is not looking to sell them,

"We don't need to do it to pay off any debt.

"Torres is one of the great players and every club would love to have him. We have got him and there is no intention of selling him."

Broughton yesterday held his first long-awaited meeting with Benitez, during which the pair discussed the current situation regarding the search for new owners and also plans for the summer squad rebuilding.

There are further get-togethers scheduled but with debt levels increasing at the club it seems unlikely Benitez will be handed the 50million-plus he feels he needs to get the club back into Champions League contention.

"We have met, it was a frank exchange of views, constructive and very helpful," said Broughton.

"The squad does need strengthening and that is an on-going process which will not be stopped by the sale.

"We have sat down with Rafa to determine what is the strength of it (the squad), what it needs, who are the right players and who needs to be sold.

"What I have asked from Rafa is what any football club board ask at the end of the season.

"It is for an appraisal of each of the players, where the weak links are, which players he would prefer to sell if he had the opportunity, which positions he needs to fill, who are his prime candidates and what would be his priorities."

That dialogue will at least give Benitez some cause of optimism, considering there were times in the past - before he signed his new five-year contract just over a year ago which gave him more control over transfers - when matters were taken out of his hands.

Missing out on signing Gareth Barry, who eventually left Aston Villa for Manchester City, and the farcical arrival and departure of Tottenham's Robbie Keane in a five-month period were just two examples which previously angered the Spaniard.

Broughton also revealed he hoped new owners would be in place at Anfield in a "matter of months".

"Success for me is completing a sale within a relatively short period - a matter of months - to someone who, hindsight says, was a very good owner for Liverpool," he told liverpoolfc.tv.

huh, what does he mean by the last paragraph??

We need the whole team together..plus a few better players..minus the current owners... new manager will destabilise the team...coz not only the manager is affected...the new manager will tend to bring in his entire coaching staffs...