Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 62

Thread: Film storage question

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio outskirts
    Posts
    754

    Default Film storage question

    After I midroll rewinded slide film, do i put the cartridge back into the fridge??

  2. #2

    Default

    why would u want to put it in the fridge?

  3. #3

    Default

    Originally posted by mervlam
    why would u want to put it in the fridge?
    Professional films are best kept at cool temperature to keep them in their optimal state. Normal consumer films however does not required such treatments.

    Rgds,
    KS

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,701

    Default Re: Film storage question

    Originally posted by kongg
    After I midroll rewinded slide film, do i put the cartridge back into the fridge??
    I would do so, because to preserve the life of the film

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UP NORTH
    Posts
    727

    Default

    i would prefer to finish it up and process it.........

  6. #6
    Vadim
    Guests

    Default

    After I midroll rewinded slide film, do i put the cartridge back into the fridge??
    To avoid condensation that may ruin film emultion I would never put film back into fridge once it is out of factory sealed canister.

    I keep film at room temperature and process it ASAP.

  7. #7

    Default

    Originally posted by kssim


    Professional films are best kept at cool temperature to keep them in their optimal state. Normal consumer films however does not required such treatments.

    Rgds,
    KS
    i understand that.... but what i dont understand is why put a midroll rewinded film back into the fridge? i prefer to finish it up and process ASAP

  8. #8

    Default

    Originally posted by mervlam


    i understand that.... but what i dont understand is why put a midroll rewinded film back into the fridge? i prefer to finish it up and process ASAP
    Because he might want to finish the other half roll later (after few days...weeks...or months...)...
    DR KOH KHO KING

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,701

    Default

    But do leave the film at room temperature for about half an hour to one hour after removing from the fridge, before using it.

  10. #10

    Default

    Originally posted by Vadim

    To avoid condensation that may ruin film emultion I would never put film back into fridge once it is out of factory sealed canister.

    I keep film at room temperature and process it ASAP.

    This is a reason why bulk rolls when opened will not last very long once it's opened because of this.

    Therefore, if the films contain important shots, do finish the roll and send it for processing ASAP, otherwise, you can risk putting it back in the fridge to prolong it's lifespan.

    Also, for certain films, once the shots are taken, it's advisable to send for processing soon to minimise the image from becoming degraded as the emulsion on the film is not developed and fixed yet.

    Just my 1 cts worth, do correct me if I'm wrong...

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Jurong West Extension
    Posts
    98

    Default Negs or Slides - burn em, dev em quick

    Hi All & Greetings Seniors,

    What happens to me usually is : - if I have a roll of slide or negs half exposed - I'd roll em up and dev em anyway. Forget the unused portion. Write it off.

    But if, tomorrow you have an equally important shoot session, then, just pop the mid-wound slide or neg ina dry pack or cab, and use it the next day. This of course, is easily done with the feature in Dynax 7. It allows you to rewind midways, and then load and davance to the frame you last left off.

    Otherwise, I usually waste up to 15 frames or more - just to get to dev it the same day.


    Regards,

    CJ

  12. #12
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,667

    Default

    Armed with a film extractor, mid way rewind can be done with just about any camera.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: Negs or Slides - burn em, dev em quick

    Originally posted by spilot
    Hi All & Greetings Seniors,

    What happens to me usually is : - if I have a roll of slide or negs half exposed - I'd roll em up and dev em anyway. Forget the unused portion. Write it off.

    But if, tomorrow you have an equally important shoot session, then, just pop the mid-wound slide or neg ina dry pack or cab, and use it the next day. This of course, is easily done with the feature in Dynax 7. It allows you to rewind midways, and then load and davance to the frame you last left off.

    Otherwise, I usually waste up to 15 frames or more - just to get to dev it the same day.

    Regards,
    CJ
    That's very wasteful you know?

    Maybe you can try bulk loading. Then you can load less than 36 exposures per roll. I personally don't do it, but there are quite a number of people here who does who can advice you further.

    Regards
    CK

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Jurong West Extension
    Posts
    98

    Default Wasteful Practice

    Hi CK,

    I understand it is undeniably wasteful to roll em up at half the exposures, but I value more the efforts and sweat then the unused frames....

    Remember - I'm half crazed....


    Regards,

    CJ

  15. #15

    Default

    can dynax 7 wind to the exact frame previously?
    DR KOH KHO KING

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Jurong West Extension
    Posts
    98

    Default Resume at last Frame

    the answer is absolutely YES.
    You must however note which frame you stopped at - and then reload and call up the function to advance to that frame.

    Piece of nice cake I say....

  17. #17

    Default Re: Resume at last Frame

    Originally posted by spilot
    the answer is absolutely YES.
    You must however note which frame you stopped at - and then reload and call up the function to advance to that frame.

    Piece of nice cake I say....
    but...if let say the first time you pull the leader out at point A, and 2nd time you place it on point B, will the camera still being able to advance to the frame, let's say 27? If so...if I advance to frame 25 only, can I do double exposure at the exact one frame on frame 26?
    DR KOH KHO KING

  18. #18

    Default

    Originally posted by Kit
    Armed with a film extractor, mid way rewind can be done with just about any camera.
    Even for a compact camera?

    Do you all means one can shoot 10 of the 36 negatives in a film, then take out, next time continue from the 11th negative?

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by revenant


    Even for a compact camera?

    Do you all means one can shoot 10 of the 36 negatives in a film, then take out, next time continue from the 11th negative?
    Safer to continue from the 12th frame. If you have a way to cap the compact camera, it's doable. For compact cameras with built-in caps, a bit more difficult.

    Regards
    CK

  20. #20

    Default

    Originally posted by ckiang


    Safer to continue from the 12th frame. If you have a way to cap the compact camera, it's doable. For compact cameras with built-in caps, a bit more difficult.

    Regards
    CK
    What's caps?

    features of some camera? of every cameras?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •