Picked up the new K-20 ballhead awhile back ! ...boy, what a differences !
The K-10 is even better than my old G-20 ball-head ...the improvements that I can see are:
1. Less knobs as the friction knob is now replaced by a limiter indented disc on the face of the main locking knob.
2. Slightly longer stem on the knob for locking the mounting plate.
3. Horizontal and vertical leveling guage on the plate clamping device.
4. larger mounting plate (w/ the K-20) provided.
5. Main Knob is at the 'right' position i.e: facing back with camera tilted to the vertical position.
I met James and learnt quite alot from him, he told me that during their testing of the new ballheads, the K-10 outperformed even the G-20.