Thread: The Digital Middle Ages are over? (article)

Default The Digital Middle Ages are over? (article)

Default OT but good article i come across.

I guess it's a bit OT but it's quite a good read.

The Digital Middle Ages are over?

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/es...her-game.shtml

Yes, definitely a good read.

When getting a digital camera, it's very important to look beyond the megapixels and image quality. Ergonomics, design, build quality and user interface should never be overlooked!

2100, it's a good article, but pls refrain from multiple postings. There's no need to post the same link all over the forum. I've merged them into a single thread.

The Moderator

Interesting, I'm actually agree with him for a change

I'm writing a D2h review and it's strange, but he echoes exactly what I've been trying to get across about that camera... It's a professional thing, but when you use it, you know that it's the best thing out there in a Nikon mount at the moment, bar none. In terms of paper specs, it really looks dated technology, but when it comes to using the camera, Nikon have a clear winner.

Well, only if peeps who are asking "is this camera better than that camera" or "which one should that get? 300D or D70?" read this article...

I'm not saying it's wrong to ask such questions, but more than once I feel that some of them already have made up their mind on one camera and just need some push to one side, regardless of what others have said.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Reichmann
    Of course one could (and did) debate ergonomics, features, handling, build quality and materials, but to do so meant that you actually had to go out and use the equipment to take photographs to be qualified to comment on such issues.
    One of the best quote i have ever heard about camera review. Blunt and to the point.

Thumbs up great link!

hmmm... good food for thought..

thanks for e link!
    D700 / 14-24 f2.8 / 24-70 f2.8
    D80 / 17-50 f2.8 / 70-300 f3.5-5.6 / 80-200 f2.8

"...... there are a large number of photographers out there who understand these issues. These are primarily pros who use their photographic equipment on a daily basis to make a living, and who understand the importance of the issues of ergonomics, design, build quality and user interface. They know that when it comes to a camera like the Canon 1D Mark II, for example, the fact that the image quality is going to be somewhere between very good and excellent is a given. What they care to read about about are the things that I care to write about how it handles in the field; how well its features and functions perform their intended tasks, and whether as a tool (not a fetish object) it can get the job done."

this is a very important statement had a little session with Oeyvind/ RNCW & Vthian and this topic addressed in the a/m came up.

It's good to see more people posting this sort of thing on the net to counter the resolution wanker wannabes.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!