Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Red and White Pentax K-x

  1. #1

    Default Red and White Pentax K-x

    Hi guys

    I am from Vietnam. I am so new to this forum. Got invite from a friend to this forum and I got hooked. The info here is HUGE and the people are NICE (yes, I have been reading a lot and see all the nice comments & helpings out there). So first of all, hola ya'll.

    That for the intro. The main point is: I am going to get my 1st DSLR... yaaaay. For the budget I set (700~800 USD), I don't think any brand or model can beat Pentax K-x. And coincidentally, my mate is coming for his holiday in Singapore on 30th double yaaaay.

    The 2 colors I am thinking of is red and white. However, I heard that red isn't as vibrant like the photo from their website, but rather pinkish... Anyone here have a real photo of the red one as they don't have either red nor white in Vietnam. I am a guy, so if it is too pinkish, I have to skip

    Also, do they have dual kit lens for white and red in Singapore? (MS Color told me they have dual kit for red, but haven't answered on white). What package you guys think worth the money best? 18-55 + 55-300?

    My English sucks, hope I don't confuse you.

    Thanks much for reading these and hope to join the Pentax group

  2. #2
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Red and White Pentax K-x

    Well here's a picture. RAW to jpeg conversion, so colors are pretty much what the camera sees.


  3. #3

    Default Re: Red and White Pentax K-x

    Welcome to our forum. It's a great place to hang out when you are in the cyber space

    I myself prefer the white K-x. The red one looks nice, but the white one just matches other color lenses better imo.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Red and White Pentax K-x

    That's why I said the people here are NICE. Surprisingly, the answers are fast, super fast! Thanks guys.

    After seeing the pic. Red one is not very pinkish eh... But white seems better now hehe. Oh, and do you guys think that white will get dirty easily and turn brown? Cos photography outdoor is dirty...

    Does white have the dual lens kit package?
    Last edited by wazzupku; 24th April 2010 at 11:32 AM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Red and White Pentax K-x

    Dual Lens kit only available in Black in Singapore
    Pentax k-x / Pansonic Lumix LX3

  6. #6

    Default Re: Red and White Pentax K-x

    I'm using a White K-x and a heavy user too and realized that it started to turn a bit creamy only but not that obvious la. But its still eye-catching even if its turn to creamy. XD

    Actually, I'm a rider and for those who bought a white helmet, it turn to creamy thanks to the sun. But what they did was, they use Colgate(or any other brands) to put on their creamy helmet and brush it gently(just like how u brush ur teeth), it will turn back. I think its due to the Flouride ingredient.
    Last edited by ricsal; 24th April 2010 at 11:46 AM.
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    891

    Default Re: Red and White Pentax K-x

    Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    I'm using a White K-x and a heavy user too and realized that it started to turn a bit creamy only but not that obvious la. But its still eye-catching even if its turn to creamy. XD

    Actually, I'm a rider and for those who bought a white helmet, it turn to creamy thanks to the sun. But what they did was, they use Colgate(or any other brands) to put on their creamy helmet and brush it gently(just like how u brush ur teeth), it will turn back. I think its due to the Flouride ingredient.
    Haha so youre gonna "brush" your white k-x ? anyway to TS my preference would still be the white but the final decision is still up to you !

  8. #8

    Default Re: Red and White Pentax K-x

    white + 55-300

    stormtrooper with a long gun.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Red and White Pentax K-x

    i goot the red..and ya..its looks rather pinkish...but still ok..not very girly pinkish...i guess its up to u..i wld choose white except that i just afraid that it will yellow after awhile

  10. #10

    Default Re: Red and White Pentax K-x

    Sweet, thanks guys. I think I am getting the white one. Anyone here knows where Manly's address? My friend doesn't know the place T.T

    Thanks in advance

  11. #11
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Red and White Pentax K-x

    Oh yeah. I was disappointed at the red one too. I thought I'd pick up one in Tokyo to use with my Lensbabies (after selling off my Canon DSLR system). The red is too pinkish for me. Duh. Ended up with a white one. MAP cameras have quite a good deal for it. Just asked them for the price and I got it at about S$650 for the white kit. I don't really need the kit lens but what the heck. Hehe.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Red and White Pentax K-x

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    Oh yeah. I was disappointed at the red one too. I thought I'd pick up one in Tokyo to use with my Lensbabies (after selling off my Canon DSLR system). The red is too pinkish for me. Duh. Ended up with a white one. MAP cameras have quite a good deal for it. Just asked them for the price and I got it at about S$650 for the white kit. I don't really need the kit lens but what the heck. Hehe.
    Hey Andrew, that's a great price! Congrats!

    We are not just friends, but a family now

  13. #13

    Default Re: Red and White Pentax K-x

    Quote Originally Posted by wazzupku View Post
    Sweet, thanks guys. I think I am getting the white one. Anyone here knows where Manly's address? My friend doesn't know the place T.T

    Thanks in advance
    You can find the info here:

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534146

    Good luck

  14. #14
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Red and White Pentax K-x

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Hey Andrew, that's a great price! Congrats!

    We are not just friends, but a family now
    Hahaha! Yeah finally. I gave up on my DSLR and wanted to stay on just m43. Then realised my favourite Lensbabies suck on 2X crop factor. Initially was tempted because of the colored k-x but after seeing them in real life, I decided to go for the white one. Thanks for the welcome.

  15. #15
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Red and White Pentax K-x

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Hey Andrew, that's a great price! Congrats!

    A friend brought me there after some evil poison sessions at old cammie shops. Then I saw the original price of about 60k plus yen was struck off. I got my Jap friend to ask and was pretty surprised at the price. The intl warranty aint no issue for me so I rushed back to the hotel and grabbed my passport ... and ended up with the cam. LOL

  16. #16
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,105

    Default Re: Red and White Pentax K-x

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    Oh yeah. I was disappointed at the red one too. I thought I'd pick up one in Tokyo to use with my Lensbabies (after selling off my Canon DSLR system). The red is too pinkish for me. Duh. Ended up with a white one. MAP cameras have quite a good deal for it. Just asked them for the price and I got it at about S$650 for the white kit. I don't really need the kit lens but what the heck. Hehe.
    Another white member
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    woodlands
    Posts
    1,229

    Default Re: Red and White Pentax K-x

    Ware u buyfrom sia? Hmmm ndroo!!! No!!!

  18. #18
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,105

    Default Re: Red and White Pentax K-x

    Quote Originally Posted by jungsangchoe View Post
    Ware u buyfrom sia? Hmmm ndroo!!! No!!!
    Japan lah . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Currently stay in Vietnam
    Posts
    55

    Default Re: Red and White Pentax K-x

    Quote Originally Posted by wazzupku View Post
    Hi guys

    I am from Vietnam. I am so new to this forum. Got invite from a friend to this forum and I got hooked. The info here is HUGE and the people are NICE (yes, I have been reading a lot and see all the nice comments & helpings out there). So first of all, hola ya'll.

    That for the intro. The main point is: I am going to get my 1st DSLR... yaaaay. For the budget I set (700~800 USD), I don't think any brand or model can beat Pentax K-x. And coincidentally, my mate is coming for his holiday in Singapore on 30th double yaaaay.

    The 2 colors I am thinking of is red and white. However, I heard that red isn't as vibrant like the photo from their website, but rather pinkish... Anyone here have a real photo of the red one as they don't have either red nor white in Vietnam. I am a guy, so if it is too pinkish, I have to skip

    Also, do they have dual kit lens for white and red in Singapore? (MS Color told me they have dual kit for red, but haven't answered on white). What package you guys think worth the money best? 18-55 + 55-300?

    My English sucks, hope I don't confuse you.

    Thanks much for reading these and hope to join the Pentax group
    Xin Chao, I know and I saw white, blue and red K-x in HCMC at the store call Nguyen Kiem.
    Unless you are not in HCMC city, then I am not too sure. You definitely more familiar then me as you are Vietnamese, Nguyen Kiem is a well know store all over Vietnam in household electric and electronic supplies, just like our best denki or Harvey in S'pore.
    I bought my Kx in S'pore beginning of these year before the reduction in price. I check and saw in Nguyen Kiem also quite close to what I paid for. Considering the warranty and other issues, you probably might want to recheck again.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Red and White Pentax K-x

    Quote Originally Posted by viper2008sg View Post
    Xin Chao, I know and I saw white, blue and red K-x in HCMC at the store call Nguyen Kiem.
    Unless you are not in HCMC city, then I am not too sure. You definitely more familiar then me as you are Vietnamese, Nguyen Kiem is a well know store all over Vietnam in household electric and electronic supplies, just like our best denki or Harvey in S'pore.
    I bought my Kx in S'pore beginning of these year before the reduction in price. I check and saw in Nguyen Kiem also quite close to what I paid for. Considering the warranty and other issues, you probably might want to recheck again.
    hey, thanks much. I check with some retailers but the price is sky high. I also saw the price of pentax red on Nguyen Kim, and the price is much higher than Singapore. But maybe they haven't updated yet. I will go to the store and see for my self then

    Cheers, awesome forum you guys have. Very wery helpful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •