Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question: Anyone thought about creating their own Compact or DSLR??

Default Re: Question: Anyone thought about creating their own Compact or DSLR??

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Do you want to donate or invest in my cause?

Any amount will be appreciated though I prefer a cheque with at least 5 digits.
    That's it, I detect a scam when I see one... End of thread, throw it out the window please!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    boy, the best inventions are the simplest ones.

i don't get your jargon. i think "cadbury chocolate box" is a lot more understandable and easy to produce then what optical projection system, photochromic (is there even such a word) and light amplication....
    Ah, but your "cadbury chocolate box" is not 100% digital is it?

Photochromic lenses.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

i'm not sure i can make a compact or dslr by myself

but at twelve midnight when it is time to go home in my pumpkin coach i will ask my fairy godmother for one.

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Ah, but your "cadbury chocolate box" is not 100% digital is it?

Photochromic lenses.
    i will add a $5 bugis street wristwatch inside. when you take the photo already, you can check the time. tada, digital.

i will add a $5 bugis street wristwatch inside. when you take the photo already, you can check the time. tada, digital.
    Wow... I miss those photos back when got date stamp on the photo itself one. What happened to those days arh?

Today, we don't need to know we took a picture of so-and-so on 24 April 2010? What if we survive the world beyond 21 Dec 2012? What is my grand-grand-grand kids look at the photo on 28 Jan 2086 and wonder...

"which of my ancesters never align the horizon when taking this picture and when???"

er, today you can mar, on p&s some can date stamp

but if set date wrong, also like that...

but that's cheating.
    Not if its put in by you.........................
    Take the shot!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    I mean, it's possible to get replacement parts from known manufacturers (CMOS sensors, lenses, LCD screens), the only thing is you need to create a body out of possible 3-D rapid prototyping technologies? There are so many such sprouting on the internet these days??

Theoretically speaking would it be possible to create your own SUPER duper cam right from scratch?
    In theory, lots of things are possible, but in practice, it may be extremely difficult.

Yes, you could do it, but it would take probably take you an extremely long time to finish it.

Sony manufactures and supplies the CCD/CMOS imagers used in some brands, and also the rear LCD.

By the way, I work in the field of DSLR camera and lens repair, mostly working with Canon products.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemapela View Post
    In theory, lots of things are possible, but in practice, it may be extremely difficult.

Yes, you could do it, but it would take probably take you an extremely long time to finish it.

Sony manufactures and supplies the CCD/CMOS imagers used in some brands, and also the rear LCD.

By the way, I work in the field of DSLR camera and lens repair, mostly working with Canon products.
    Thank you for your input, especially when you're directly in the field yourself.

See guys? Laugh laugh somore!!

Programming isn't the harddest task, you basically need to know if there is a SDK (software developer kit) around... (and I'm programming trained, btw)

But as the latest post says, it will be extremely difficult and takes a very long time - by the time one is able to get it done, it probably isn't worth the while anymore... A tech genius would probably get it done in much lesser time.

As I've said, I've wonder if it would be possible - over-cuppa-talk, that's all!

Somewhere I saw that someone had taken an old Canon AE-1 Program body and fitted a 9 MP sensor, LCD in the back, etc., which sounds a bit daft. It's obviously not from scratch but it's probably from a point-and-shoot or damaged dSLR.

Yup I made it, but confiscated by SMRT security guard for suspected to be a bomb when I brought it out for photoshooting.

Powered by nuclear and cooled by liquid nitrogen. Flash can fire a perfect 1cm * 1cm lazer for 10km distance, The shutter blade is in process of fixing a bug before being confiscated. The blade can fly out suddenly and "satay" 6 people before being stopped. The processor can become so hot that I used it once to cook my lunch.

Radio wave communication device for direct connection to my PC from 50km away will be added in version 2.

Wot? No nuke radiation??

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Wot? No nuke radiation??
    Ya will add a nuclear radiation suit in version 2 as well

I think, most importantly to understand is, most electronic products/appliances we use in this current time/era is not made by a single engineer, but really a team of several or many engineers from different fields, all working hand-in-hand together towards a final finished product.

The electronic products/appliances we use these days are actually very complex, and are extremely unlikely to be designed and created by a single person.

Having said that, a digital camera, whether DSLR or compact, is probably the most sophisticated, innovative and proprietary consumer product in your home.

If you think of the mechanical moving parts, electronic circuitry, programming, and optical system all working together in that camera, its complexity exceeds that of your personal computer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12