Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: close up filters

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    189

    Default close up filters

    I was thinking to get close up filters for macro shots.

    Then i realise that there are +1, +2 and +4.
    So do i get all 3 or just get either one of them.

    please advice. thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: close up filters

    Try them all and pick the one that suits your requirement.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East
    Posts
    609

    Default Re: close up filters

    Do note that stacking will degrade quality of images. Generally, you can always get one +4 first and try out.

  4. #4
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: close up filters

    +1 magnifies abit only...+2 still nt enuff...+4 ok...+10 too close liao...but stack, IQ degrades...so I agree to buy +4 to try first..haha...but if can, buy a whole set to try out...
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: close up filters

    raynox250 is +8, and the whole set is +1,+2 and +4, so can i say that using the raynox is better so i can stand further away?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: close up filters

    Quote Originally Posted by 3in1c View Post
    Do note that stacking will degrade quality of images. Generally, you can always get one +4 first and try out.
    IQ degradation depends on type of lens used and quality of the filter. The was taken with 2 pieces of Hoya +4 on my 50mm.

    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: close up filters

    Quote Originally Posted by glgl96 View Post
    raynox250 is +8, and the whole set is +1,+2 and +4, so can i say that using the raynox is better so i can stand further away?
    No.. for close up filters being used, u must be very closed (within a few inches) of ur subjects to get in focus...
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  8. #8

    Default Re: close up filters

    Hi there,need some advice.
    Im planing to get a Hoya Close Up Filter +4.
    For a sharper close up & greater magnification.
    Should I get a Hoya Close Up Filter +4 for which of my lens ?

    Canon 50mm f1.8
    or
    Canon 18 - 135mm f3.5-5.6

    Thanks.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: close up filters

    Quote Originally Posted by scruffy View Post
    Hi there,need some advice.
    Im planing to get a Hoya Close Up Filter +4.
    For a sharper close up & greater magnification.
    Should I get a Hoya Close Up Filter +4 for which of my lens ?

    Canon 50mm f1.8
    or
    Canon 18 - 135mm f3.5-5.6

    Thanks.
    Definitely a prime over a zoom.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •