Default Cheap mobile studio

with reference to these threads

achiever 260T flash $38
    akarui slave trigger $18
    impact accessories light stand $38
    umbrella $35
    umbrella adaptor $40+

1 set of these would cost around $170

how would 4 sets of these compare to a 300w light?
    4 sets is around $700. the 300w light, with its stand and diffuser/umbrella should also cost around the same

how much power does the 4 flashes produce combined in terms of wattage?

i am thinking that with 4 flashes, i have more freedom to place them so create effects, remove shadows, etc

any opinions on this cheap mobile studio concept?

but perhaps your key light wont be enough as you seem to be spreading thin. 4 lights all over the place wont be a powerful as one light sourse as key light... and it also depends on the appertures you want to work at.

did a bit of calulation.
    each of these flashes gives around 40w to 50w of light
    4 of these total to 160w to 200w, much lesser than 300w

300w light can hit iso100 at what sperature?
    Last edited by zod; 2nd April 2004 at 09:45 PM.

I think your 300W light will cost a lot more, and you don't have the benefit of secondary lighting (eg fill in shadows, hair light etc). Don't forget you'll need to get a softbox for the 300W light, as well as a much sturdier stand. It will also be much less portable, and you will need an electrical power point. I brought my setup to an outdoor location (stadium) to shoot. With the STE-2 and a couple of 420EX flashes replacing the cheap ones, exposure was a breeze - fully automatic.

If you need more light, you can always use an outdoor shaded location. The sun is much more than 300W.