Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 70

Thread: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

  1. #1

    Default K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    Source: http://www.tipa.com/english/XX_tipa_awards_2010.php

    Best DSLR Entry Level: Pentax K-x

    Equipped with a 12 MP CCD sensor, a dust remover mode, a sensor-shift stabilizer, a video mode, a shutter that goes up to 1/6000s and a sensitivity range expandable to ISO 12.800 from top speed of ISO 6400, this entry-level and compact DSLR is an excellent choice to discover the delights of the SLR camera system. The attractive price and a respectable technical content are well-combined for pleasant picture taking.


    Go PENTAX Go!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    Nice! Pentax

  3. #3

    Default Re: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    Well deserved , especially the price for performance is hard to beat Pentax
    Last edited by beniz; 22nd April 2010 at 10:18 PM.
    Pentax K-X | FA 50 F1.4 | Panasonic GX1 | 14-42mm X |

  4. #4

    Default Re: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    Wow why am I not surprised!? That's the reason why I chose the K-X to start my DSLR journey

  5. #5

    Default Re: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    kinduff expected isn't it?

    Price : Performance/function = unbeatable.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    566

    Default Re: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    Congrats to those K-X owners for choosing right DSLR...... I am looking forward to next DSLR with full frame one day.....

  7. #7

    Default Re: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    Wooo...Now I can talk Kesiao already. lol
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Coast Road
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    I had a test shot comparison with a fullframe with my friend camera ...the overall quality colour detail was really nice.... cropped is good but until you had a fullframe to compare you see it for yourself ..but now there in 645 .. wonder when Pentax version K8s Mark iv fullframe XXXL sensor size in small body will come..

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lalaland
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    pentax ftw! hehes~

  10. #10

    Default Re: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by P3ntx View Post
    I had a test shot comparison with a fullframe with my friend camera ...the overall quality colour detail was really nice.... cropped is good but until you had a fullframe to compare you see it for yourself ..but now there in 645 .. wonder when Pentax version K8s Mark iv fullframe XXXL sensor size in small body will come..
    is it, i have seen horrible color from full frame cameras being posted on flickr before.

  11. #11
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,798

    Default Re: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    I was so happy to have chosen K-X as my 1st DSLR thru' my own decision & research, never get influence from frens & colleagues in getting the C/N brand.

  12. #12
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    P3ntx, why are you talking about FF when the news is about the K-x?
    Look, I'm sure FF can deliver nice pictures BUT... you have to cough up a lot of money for that FF body, maybe 4 to 6 times the cost of a K-x body. Secondly you got to spend more for good lenses because what's the point of having cheap crap lenses as the weakest link. Thirdly say goodbye to small form factor and light weight. You want FF, please give Canon/Nikon/Sony a try, just don't complain about having a lighter wallet.

    That Pentax can come up with a budget wonder says a lot. More people will happily invest in the K-x than any FF camera because it gives the most bang for the buck. Frankly if I was using a FF camera (which I'm not), I'd be pissed big time that an entry level camera can offer great image quality at a fraction of the cost.

    Congrats K-x owners...

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Coast Road
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    is it, i have seen horrible color from full frame cameras being posted on flickr before.
    Also has this experience before, my Pentax beats the drum when when do night shoot compare until he got a fullframe .. we compares pixel peep LCD.. he wins. But the colours from his indoors shots was very horrible .. I tried to handled his white balance they seem always look the same no matter how you adjust cannot see different. Different environment you got different results maybe I don't know correct way to do it.. .

    Overheard that Pentax is trying to build fullframe, but the chip has to very fast because in-body shake reduction, if not shutter got stucks, one problems will lead to another. The OP guy told me. how true or just prophecy s stil ???

  14. #14

    Default Re: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by P3ntx View Post
    Also has this experience before, my Pentax beats the drum when when do night shoot compare until he got a fullframe .. we compares pixel peep LCD.. he wins. But the colours from his indoors shots was very horrible .. I tried to handled his white balance they seem always look the same no matter how you adjust cannot see different. Different environment you got different results maybe I don't know correct way to do it.. .

    Overheard that Pentax is trying to build fullframe, but the chip has to very fast because in-body shake reduction, if not shutter got stucks, one problems will lead to another. The OP guy told me. how true or just prophecy s stil ???
    Please Chia, we are talking about Kx here, not apsc vs ff

  15. #15

    Default Re: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    Kx Kx Kx Kx

  16. #16

    Default Re: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    Another reason boost why I choose k-x
    Pentax k-x / Pansonic Lumix LX3

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Coast Road
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    I am a proud Pentaxian, what wong with talking about Fullframe - when KX-wins , it means if KX can do it Pentax Fullframe will make it someday. I have been acuumulating fund for years to acquire FA* Lens for fullframe hope until I got almost broke ...because I love the output.

    Creampuff I already owned most FA* you don't even know - but I lack a body to utilise it by the time hopefully I can afford...

    Don't you know Pentax even just lauched the 645 very successfully ... why can't they do fullframe, do you think Pentax is stucked wit Kx success??

    Aside The FF costed him about 1.4 body only.
    Last edited by P3ntx; 23rd April 2010 at 01:22 AM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by P3ntx View Post
    I am a proud Pentaxian, what wong with talking about Fullframe - when KX-wins , it means if KX can do it Pentax Fullframe will make it someday. I have been acuumulating fund for years to acquire FA* Lens for fullframe hope until I got almost broke ...because I love the output.

    Creampuff I already owned most FA* you don't even know - but I lack a body to utilise it by the time hopefully I can afford...

    Don't you know Pentax even just lauched the 645 very successfully ... why can't they do fullframe, do you think Pentax is stucked wit Kx success??
    launched maybe how about the sale?
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Coast Road
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    is it, i have seen horrible color from full frame cameras being posted on flickr before.
    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    P3ntx, why are you talking about FF when the news is about the K-x?
    Look, I'm sure FF can deliver nice pictures BUT... you have to cough up a lot of money for that FF body, maybe 4 to 6 times the cost of a K-x body. Secondly you got to spend more for good lenses because what's the point of having cheap crap lenses as the weakest link. Thirdly say goodbye to small form factor and light weight. You want FF, please give Canon/Nikon/Sony a try, just don't complain about having a lighter wallet.

    That Pentax can come up with a budget wonder says a lot. More people will happily invest in the K-x than any FF camera because it gives the most bang for the buck. Frankly if I was using a FF camera (which I'm not), I'd be pissed big time that an entry level camera can offer great image quality at a fraction of the cost.

    Congrats K-x owners...
    Quote Originally Posted by beniz View Post
    If compare pixel peep lcd, then it's not accurate. Full frame or some models have higher resolution than K-X for their lcd, which surely looks 'nicer' on lcd.
    I think you could be right! KX wins in cost/performance - DXO lab also tested to show higher dynamic range than K7

    DxO Mark: Superior K-x Sensor outperforms mid and high end cameras

    Here is the link:-

    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=34763903

  20. #20

    Default Re: K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

    i think the editor have no choice...
    if they dare to state other model, 99.99% that win brand have "heavily fund" the award, and nobody will belive them in futrue...
    see a lot of forum's N & C supporters also say K-x is good for beginer...
    haha

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •