Thread: Share Your Nite shots knowledge & Experience

Wink Share Your Nite shots knowledge & Experience

Hi.. share your knowledge & experience with totally new newbie.

What are the things to look out for for nite shots..? (eg, diff btwn day and nite, lighting..etc)

u mean landscapes? find a nice angle, f8, then bracket. with tripod. have shot chijmes, boatquay, mohamad sultan Rd pubs front view this way

handheld: ISO 400 or 800 with exposure compensation -2/3 to -1.5, aperture priority, f4 to f5.6, cross sling the bag pull up to chest level to rest your left hand elbow, compose, hold still and just snap.

or rather, this is the setting that i always use ^_^

yah landscape.. how about people?

people? hmmz..its usually 3 main categories for people:

1. portrait
    2. candid/street/event/sports and action
    3. real arty/abstract stuff (eg nudes/sillouehtte/van goth/ thematic)

so far i only done candids/street/event. typically preferable to use a f2.8 or faster lens to isolate subject via narrower DOF, anticipate the possible poses/ facial reactions eg smiles/shock and usual framing ( head crop/full body/half body/vertical, horizontal, tilt, single, group, doubles, big group..) focus on eyes/head area.

for the other 2 categories, a lot of emphasis is placed on make-up, dressing, pose, relation b/w photog and model, location and lighting. these variables are painstakingly calculated and the intended effects carefully constructed and created.

wow...that's lots of thing to take note.. yeaps..thanks for sharing..just went for my very first shooting today.. jotted down my record.. yeaps..will learn from others, and my own mistakes..thanks clive!