Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: China and Singapore photography

  1. #1

    Default China and Singapore photography

    I saw a lot of topic on naked photography on China photography web site Is that mean China is more open than Singapore
    Just some discussion. no often

  2. #2
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu
    I saw a lot of topic on naked photography on China photography web site Is that mean China is more open than Singapore
    Just some discussion. no often
    China has a strong and rich tradition in the area of Fine Arts. nude portraiture in the form of photography, painting, drawing or sculpturing is very common to them and is considered a very high form of Fine Arts.

    and come to think of it, they have a much bigger population and thus anything that even a small population do, it will be seen as alot to the rest of the world.

    if nudity to them is purely, a pursuit of Fine Arts in the higher form, then, what is nude photography to u?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake

    if nudity to them is purely, a pursuit of Fine Arts in the higher form, then, what is nude photography to u?
    nude stuff...its still soemthing i dont really like.
    give me jp racequeens/bikini babes anytime ;-)

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    China has a strong and rich tradition in the area of Fine Arts. nude portraiture in the form of photography, painting, drawing or sculpturing is very common to them and is considered a very high form of Fine Arts.

    and come to think of it, they have a much bigger population and thus anything that even a small population do, it will be seen as alot to the rest of the world.

    if nudity to them is purely, a pursuit of Fine Arts in the higher form, then, what is nude photography to u?
    What funny is, there put the nude portrait photo on the web site Seem like it is legal to them
    To myself I still prefer a "normal" portrait Bikini portrait is good enough

  5. #5
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu
    What funny is, there put the nude portrait photo on the web site Seem like it is legal to them
    To myself I still prefer a "normal" portrait Bikini portrait is good enough
    welcome to Singapore! if u haven't already realise it...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  6. #6

    Default

    Singapore is not ready for nude, try put a nude photo and see ler ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu
    I saw a lot of topic on naked photography on China photography web site Is that mean China is more open than Singapore
    Just some discussion. no often
    Nude photography = photographing nude models

    Naked photography = ????....the photographer is naked?
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Have seen pretty many, some are good and some are so-so. I believe as a people photographer now, I will try the nude photography at least a few times (not only indoor type, but also in natural environment). China would be a much better choice to get a pro model or find someone who wanna pose for me

  9. #9

    Default

    The day nude photography is opened to public in Singapore, remind me to take pictures of pigs flying above the esplanade....

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomshen
    Have seen pretty many, some are good and some are so-so. I believe as a people photographer now, I will try the nude photography at least a few times (not only indoor type, but also in natural environment). China would be a much better choice to get a pro model or find someone who wanna pose for me
    I wonder it is because of China government "no eye to see"
    Camera man willing to pay, model willing to give
    Singapore rule is more tight. If Singapore really open for it, I guess a lot of Malaysian will bring their camera over

    In any how, we still have a lot of things can shot

  11. #11
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu
    I wonder it is because of China government "no eye to see"
    Camera man willing to pay, model willing to give
    Singapore rule is more tight. If Singapore really open for it, I guess a lot of Malaysian will bring their camera over

    In any how, we still have a lot of things can shot
    nope.
    like i've said, China has a rich and strong tradition in Fine Arts and Nude Portraiture too, be it in Sculptural, Drawing, Painting or Photography form, is simply a higher essence and discipline of Fine Arts form.

    Nude Portraiture, be it of any form, is happening in Singapore right now. it is just that most artists and photographers who are in such disciplines are just quiet about it and don't talk about it that much.

    likewise for Malaysia too.

    never heard of nor seen, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    nope.
    like i've said, China has a rich and strong tradition in Fine Arts and Nude Portraiture too, be it in Sculptural, Drawing, Painting or Photography form, is simply a higher essence and discipline of Fine Arts form.

    Nude Portraiture, be it of any form, is happening in Singapore right now. it is just that most artists and photographers who are in such disciplines are just quiet about it and don't talk about it that much.

    likewise for Malaysia too.

    never heard of nor seen, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
    that mean it is illegal
    a report state that china nude photography is only about "sexy" not art.
    this is a comment from a western photographer.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu
    that mean it is illegal
    a report state that china nude photography is only about "sexy" not art.
    this is a comment from a western photographer.
    no...
    in my school, we do Nude Portraiture all the time...

    art is so subjective... my dear friend...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  14. #14

    Default

    Just came across a section in Straits Time Life which talked about a Singapore artist who mainly paints nude and semi-nude. His art is now exhibited in a private art museum. Interviewed "What is a good nude painting?", his reply "To be able to seduced the viewers."

    From my point of view, Singapore isn't really forbidding nudity in arts. Just that artist and photographers themselves wanted to make sure they target the correct audience.

    For paintings, they are always exhibited in a arts centre or museum which no photographing is allowed. So usually the organisers can control and target who is the audience.

    For photography, especially digital photography is so popular nowadays, the nude photos can be circulated all over the internet easily. Audience can't be controlled and photos may just fall into the wrong hands which i believe the photographers don't wish their works to be seen as pornography. So those photographers may not like to discuss their works openly in the forums.
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bukit Timah
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Already, sexy bikini shoots like the one CSers do are often leeched to put on other websites. Who's going to stop them if we put up nude artforms on the website. Even if we do have nude art shoots, should best restrict it to film or hardcopy only. What happens the room, stays in the room.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    no...
    in my school, we do Nude Portraiture all the time...

    art is so subjective... my dear friend...
    U mean u are China people, now working at Singapore?

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silver.wolf
    Just came across a section in Straits Time Life which talked about a Singapore artist who mainly paints nude and semi-nude. His art is now exhibited in a private art museum. Interviewed "What is a good nude painting?", his reply "To be able to seduced the viewers."

    From my point of view, Singapore isn't really forbidding nudity in arts. Just that artist and photographers themselves wanted to make sure they target the correct audience.

    For paintings, they are always exhibited in a arts centre or museum which no photographing is allowed. So usually the organisers can control and target who is the audience.

    For photography, especially digital photography is so popular nowadays, the nude photos can be circulated all over the internet easily. Audience can't be controlled and photos may just fall into the wrong hands which i believe the photographers don't wish their works to be seen as pornography. So those photographers may not like to discuss their works openly in the forums.
    hmm... never heard of paints nude in Singapore? From internet saw alot of example. Where is the museum? Is it open for public? I agree that a nude successful photography should be attravtive and immaginative.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu
    U mean u are China people, now working at Singapore?
    hello my friend

    i'm a Singaporean and in Singapore, there are art schools too.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •