Thread: mint stuff without warranty

Default mint stuff without warranty

hi all,

was curious with some item tat are being sold at BnS section... according to the seller, the item have been sold, so i guess its safe to discuss his item without affecting his business

Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: Bags
    Equipment Brand: Kata
    Equipment Model: 3N1-22 Sling/backpack with laptop compartment. mint condition, 1week old.
    Price (S$): 148 or best offer
    Description:
    allow u to quickly draw ur camera out from the side pocket.
    able to hold a 11inch laptop.
    many other compartment.
    water proof cover are provided too.

more info please refer to: http://www.kata-bags.com/productFRM2...&Version=Photo

Contact Number:

Condition of Item (as per guidelines): 10
    Warranty Status: n.a
    was just curious how can a mint bag tat is 1week old not have any warranty at all???
    maybe its a grey set???
    doesn't imported kata bag have international warranty??? not very sure so i asked...
    ztphotography
    Nikon D90 | Nikon D600 | Canon ixus 120IS

Default Re: mint stuff without warranty

grey set refers to lenses? how can a bag be a grey set =x

my guess, the warranty probably doesn't work in singapore.
    Canon EOS 550D
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there any other way to live?

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    hi all, was curious with some item tat are being sold at BnS section... according to the seller, the item have been sold, so i guess its safe to discuss his item without affecting his business

was just curious how can a mint bag tat is 1week old not have any warranty at all???
    maybe its a grey set??? doesn't imported kata bag have international warranty??? not very sure so i asked...
    A mint set is defined as "never used" by the forum administrators, the TS of the WTSell thread could have purchase the bag ten, twenty years ago and had not used it yet.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    A mint set is defined as "never used" by the forum administrators, the TS of the WTSell thread could have purchase the bag ten, twenty years ago and had not used it yet.
    haha... cannot be bah... he say its 1week old...

anyway i thought kata is quite "famours", its like a competitor to lowepro... doesn't it have international warranty?
    ztphotography
    Nikon D90 | Nikon D600 | Canon ixus 120IS

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    the seller did mention "1 week old" in the thread.

"1 week old" can also mean

- it is in his possession for 1 week. It has been in others possession much longer before him.
    - he bought the bag for 1 year but only used it 1 week ago
    - the bag has been in wrapped , unopened condition and only opened 1 week ago.

so without asking further, "1 week old' is contentious. Also warranty N.A can also means that the seller does not want to accept returns, seller does not provide warranty or simply want to have nothing to do with the bag anymore. If receipt is provided, the bag may still be under warranty by the distributor/OEM.

While seller mentioned mint. Under the condition, he did also state a 10. So seller is not very careful in wording his ad. Regardless, the bag should be expected to be in good condition.

Why not just ask the seller instead of speculating?
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 21st April 2010 at 08:58 PM.

There always careless people out that who will make typo error..

But if you find any fishy in the B&S, you should stray away from the deal or kindly PM the seller or mods to make the proper correction if it bothers you.

Or just simply, he lost the reciept. Similiarly like most products under warranty, no receipt = no warranty.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Treetrunk View Post
    Or just simply, he lost the reciept. Similiarly like most products under warranty, no receipt = no warranty.
    It's not just a case of losing the receipt.

It's not widely known but neither Canon nor Nikon warranties are transferable for example. That is to say, in theory they only apply to the original owner.

Frequently they will just accept a receipt, but they *could* enforce this, so any warranty you get out of a second hand purchase will just be a bonus that, legally speaking, you are not entitled to.

Of course, different manufacturers have different policies regarding their warranties, and I have no idea what Kata's policy is.

The condition rating is but a guideline by the CS administrator and no one is going to police its adherence. Neither can it be used as a case for recourse if what you get is not what you read. Practice caveat emptor.

I had asked this question in a previous thread: why are so many items with conditions stated as 10 when they have seen better times? On one of my WTS, I was asked why I stated the condition as 8 (with the question of was it defective?) and I have to explain that I have the item for a few years already and it is not fair to put it as 10 or even a 9.

In sum, practice caveat emptor as a buyer and uphold your value and ethics as a seller.

why so serious

Come to think of it, is stating the condition still relevant?