Thread: Smudge on mirror in camera body

Default Smudge on mirror in camera body

Hi,

Just wondering, if I was cleaning the internal body of dust after removing my lens and happens to be a tiny drop of water on the mirror. It causes a smudge on the mirror.

Is it advisable to clean it with a micro cloth? Are we allowed to touch the mirror at all? I don't think a blower will do the job right?

Just checking. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by photoamatuer
    Hi,

Just wondering, if I was cleaning the internal body of dust after removing my lens and happens to be a tiny drop of water on the mirror. It causes a smudge on the mirror.

Is it advisable to clean it with a micro cloth? Are we allowed to touch the mirror at all? I don't think a blower will do the job right?

Just checking. Thanks.
    Just use a lens cleaning cloth and wipe it.

Thanks,

Got the mirror cleaned.

new to my EOS300 cam, so very cautious. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by photoamatuer
    Thanks,

Got the mirror cleaned.

new to my EOS300 cam, so very cautious. Appreciate it.
    Just to ask, is it possible to actually clean it?
    I had always thought that the golden rule was never to touch/attempt to clean the mirror with anything...

Now, if that's the case, can I use Ecplise cleaning solution to clean my mirror?

Warm breath and a microfibre cloth will do. The mirror isn't that easily scratched unless u use something abrasive.

Hi Snag,

As the rest mentioned, I did as was told, the mirror clean as a whistle, but must be real gentle and careful. Warm breath helps the removal of smudge easily. No scratch as long as microfibre cloth is used. But of course, clean only when necessary. For my case, I was using the blower to clear of some dust on the ros300 body and talking at the same time, happen that tiny droplets landed on the mirror

Just wondering, what about the area where the mirror reflects the image to the viewfinder which is directly on top of the mirror? Can that be cleaned as well? Any good advise?

Quote Originally Posted by SNAG
    Just to ask, is it possible to actually clean it?
    I had always thought that the golden rule was never to touch/attempt to clean the mirror with anything...

Now, if that's the case, can I use Ecplise cleaning solution to clean my mirror?
    Don't see why not. Mirrors like glass are pretty tough, its not that easy to scratch the surface.