Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DSLR for beginner ?

Default Re: DSLR for beginner ?

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    haha well said. I agree with you too.
    but as what TS's said, his daughter just joined a photography club in JC. So, its definite yes that she is interested in photography.
    Hehe, actually that part is like quoting another person's thoughts (to pre-empt what they might say next)... not mine. Maybe I should have Italised "Yes, if you're really interested in Photography, it doesn't really matter as it is a long term affair, even if you're out of JC... " to differentiate it from my own thoughts...

Personally as a first DSLR I'd go for a used Nikon D40 or the newer D5000. Small, light weight and takes great pictures. Its the skill and not the camera that would produce the great pics.

D90 is a good camera. Not sure if its a good one to start off with. Especially if you get a new one and scratch or drop it as a newbie. Ouch!!!

Back in my days, my first cam was a really old manual rollei film one. Looked like an antique but takes great pics!
    Life is about choices.

Quote Originally Posted by smarc View Post
    Personally as a first DSLR I'd go for a used Nikon D40 or the newer D5000. Small, light weight and takes great pictures. Its the skill and not the camera that would produce the great pics.

D90 is a good camera. Not sure if its a good one to start off with. Especially if you get a new one and scratch or drop it as a newbie. Ouch!!!

Back in my days, my first cam was a really old manual rollei film one. Looked like an antique but takes great pics!
    You mean to tell me if you drop a D5000 you won't go "Ouch?!" To me, if I drop me so-so but trusty $430 PnS cam... already! It doesn't matter, you should cherish whatever you have in your hands...don't take anything for granted! And please don't make every newbie as if they are all butter fingers, we must not propagate such stigmas! LOL! (as someone wise who once said)
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 23rd April 2010 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    You mean to tell me if you drop a D5000 you won't go "Ouch?!" To me, if I drop me so-so but trusty $430 PnS cam... already! It doesn't matter, you should cherish whatever you have in your hands...don't take anything for granted! And please don't make every newbie as if they are all butter fingers, we must not propagate such stigmas! LOL! (as someone wise who once said)
    not only a $430 PnS cam, i would be heart broken too if i drop my $50 holga toy camera !

Hehe, actually that part is like quoting another person's thoughts (to pre-empt what they might say next)... not mine. Maybe I should have Italised "Yes, if you're really interested in Photography, it doesn't really matter as it is a long term affair, even if you're out of JC... " to differentiate it from my own thoughts...
    haha ya.. i think that photography is never ending with equipments, there will be more and more new bodies with more functions.. maybe the future DSLR comes with a phone built in loaded with windows 7, you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    haha ya.. i think that photography is never ending with equipments, there will be more and more new bodies with more functions.. maybe the future DSLR comes with a phone built in loaded with windows 7, you never know.
    Yeap, I can imaging APPLE iPAD with DSLR mode... The future is indefinite!

Yeap, I can imaging APPLE iPAD with DSLR mode... The future is indefinite!
    ya ! haha prob a iPad with interchangeable lens kit.. wonder what its like man !

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345