Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 3 wheel motobike

Default Re: 3 wheel motobike

Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 27th May 2012 at 02:26 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

HAHA this bike is not road safe especially on Singaporean roads

the government isn't doing much concerning the education of safety for motorcyclists unlike other countries. and this in the way of both educating Drivers and Bikers alike on proper road etiquette.

and also enforcing steeper penalties on drivers and bikers who cut lanes like nobody's business. i know some drivers claim that bikes appear on the left or right suddenly. it's not sudden. they fail to check their bloody blind spots. they FILTER or TURN, and check while they're doing so.

the uni-motorcycle may be a novelty... but it's not road safe.

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Love this BIKE !!! looks like Transformer !!! Was thinking of getting it few years back but the price is a bit steep.... will definitely get it if I were to go back biking
    sell your L lenses. you'll be able to make a down payment for a new bike

also, this bike for a 250CC is pretty cheap. my 150CC already cost me $9K

just wondering motorbike with side car are not very popular here, is it because of unable to use expressway?
    I'm referring to the side car made by manufactures of bike makers, not those ice-cream man type.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    But you can ride it inside the elevator.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images
    Free parking anyone?

Oh wait... You have to pay mortgage and installments on the housing. Oops too bad. But heck, saves $15 a month. And security too. It's too easy to steal a bike like this

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post

Amateurs.
    That's cool!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    just wondering motorbike with side car are not very popular here, is it because of unable to use expressway?
    I'm referring to the side car made by manufactures of bike makers, not those ice-cream man type.
    It's troublesome as LTA needs to approve it (new ones) so will need manufacturer specs, inspection etc. & bikers like to squeeze so it defeats the purpose in heavy traffic Singapore not to mention the no-highway rule. There were a few blokes who ferried their galfriends/dogs in it though.

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post

My friend used to bring his Honda Chaly into the classroom right here in Singapore & yes took it into the lift to 4th floor! Didn't ask if he brought home though.
    "Like Moths, photographers gather at the sight of light" Robert Doisneau
    My Little Port

[QUOTE="kei1309"]

correction. not true. there are bike tyres that go for $100 per piece. i buy good tyres to ensure good traction on the road.

Yeah. But u only need to pay for 2 Tyres one time. For cars, it's 4 pcs....

And $100 for car Tyres is the lowest of the lowest end of Tyres. The premium ones are in $200 and up for one piece.

Your bike $100 tyre is the premium range. Go do your maths.

Quote Originally Posted by roDz
    Was thinking of getting this bike too as car COE skyhigh..but the bike itself is expensive..saw it on the road few times when it sped on the right-most lane..

Plus points..stable..cool..

Minus points..expensive..have to double park..will get caught in traffic jam..
    $11,000 and u are complaining expensive???

Take BMW lah

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

the government isn't doing much concerning the education of safety for motorcyclists unlike other countries. and this in the way of both educating Drivers and Bikers alike on proper road etiquette.

and also enforcing steeper penalties on drivers and bikers who cut lanes like nobody's business. i know some drivers claim that bikes appear on the left or right suddenly. it's not sudden. they fail to check their bloody blind spots. they FILTER or TURN, and check while they're doing so.

the uni-motorcycle may be a novelty... but it's not road safe.
    What u mean by not road safe?

U mean 2 wheeler is more road safe than 3 wheeler? Pls explain?

someone's PMS-ing today.

yes. you pay upwards of $100.. but comparing the usual income bracket of bikers and drivers (usually), it amounts to the same percentage out of the salary. and for bikers, consider the cost of living and how much disposable income is left after purchasing the tyres.

and dude. you're not following the thread. i'm talking about the "Uni-motorcycle" above. and i did mention that due to singapore's roads and drivers, riding that bike is really asking for it. if drivers already have problems with seeing 2-wheeled bikes, what about the Uni-Motorcycle?

Quote Originally Posted by donut88

$11,000 and u are complaining expensive???

Take BMW lah
    Can-am spyder $11,000? Haha..

Quote Originally Posted by roDz

Can-am spyder $11,000? Haha..
    No money, don't go for the high range ones. Not shy.

I'm referring to the cheaper piaggio MP3 range

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309
    someone's PMS-ing today.

yes. you pay upwards of $100.. but comparing the usual income bracket of bikers and drivers (usually), it amounts to the same percentage out of the salary. and for bikers, consider the cost of living and how much disposable income is left after purchasing the tyres.

and dude. you're not following the thread. i'm talking about the "Uni-motorcycle" above. and i did mention that due to singapore's roads and drivers, riding that bike is really asking for it. if drivers already have problems with seeing 2-wheeled bikes, what about the Uni-Motorcycle?

Dude, still don't understand what u said any driver cannot see these uni-bikes. What's the diff between 2 wheeler and 3 wheeler?

I believe our TP and ROV are already using these for their patrols. So u telling me they are not road safety

Quote Originally Posted by donut88

No money, don't go for the high range ones. Not shy.

I'm referring to the cheaper piaggio MP3 range
    Thats why i dont even buy the lower range ones..haha..my last bike was the Yamaha TDM850, some 10-12 yrs ago..but bike has always fascinates me..

Me no class 2 ..... Stuck at 400 cc bike. Sold my Shadow 400 some 8 yrs back. Love that bike so cool And problem free. Tried taking class 2 2yrs back but can't pass, guess I loss the proficiency Liao ... So sad
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by airfins
    Me no class 2 ..... Stuck at 400 cc bike. Sold my Shadow 400 some 8 yrs back. Love that bike so cool And problem free. Tried taking class 2 2yrs back but can't pass, guess I loss the proficiency Liao ... So sad
    Class 2 is the easiest to pass..

I long time no ride lah Bumpy course too fast by 1-2 sec, Plank miss by point seconds and they always catch me wide turning so I turn abit sharper kana sharp turning !!! Twice fail the internal exam and same place same points ..... Try untill the SSDC shifted to end of the world !!! Dont know what to do liao !!! Haizzz... Dream bike is Pan Euro ST1100, lower budget will be MP3 500cc
    Last edited by airfins; 29th May 2012 at 06:09 PM.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

i'm still on my 2B....

after i got my Class 3 the motivation to go for the Class 2A license has waned.... LOL

Same here lol... time really fly, coming 10 years since I sold my bike. Riding bike really save a lot of $$ then driving.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234