Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Experience with a BAD seller

Default Re: Experience with a BAD seller

Quote Originally Posted by Shahrie View Post
    Most probably, he got few buyers around him and he's jacking up the price to see who's paying for the best price. He should be honest to you that someone else has bid for higher price rather than keep changing the price. A matter of fact, once an agreement has been made, in black and white, he cannot back out and u can even bring the matter to court. Coz he's wasting your time. But in this case, its too cumbersome to prove an agreement has been made. Whatever it is, its just your luck running into these kind of people.
    Why would it be cumbersome to prove that an "agreement" has been made?
    I mean,
    legally speaking.. a contract should be formed once
    there is an offer (which was established by the seller offering a price to his lens to the buyer directly) and the buyer communicates his acceptance (which was shown when he agreed through SMS to the buyer).

that's how i would see it. And by right, i would think TS has every right to bring action against the seller for a breach of contract. I'm not studying law, so dont quote me fully on this, this is just what i read on business law.

Although, on the other hand, i dont know whether bringin such small matter up to court is worth the money. HAHA. okay, just my personally opinions.
    Last edited by RandomRambler; 19th April 2010 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    when he deals again, tell him that you sad to part with your money, please wait a few days.
    That's a really good laugh you got me there.. Haha..

I don't know the guy but if he is a genuine newbie in B&S, perhaps he is having the seller's regret after agreeing to the initial selling price. Since you are so nice to agree to increase the price (twice), it makes him even more worry that he is selling the lens at below market price. At the end, he gave you a lame excuse because of sentimental reason... Just give him the benefit of the doubt and move on...
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    I don't know the guy but if he is a genuine newbie in B&S, perhaps he is having the seller's regret after agreeing to the initial selling price. Since you are so nice to agree to increase the price (twice), it makes him even more worry that he is selling the lens at below market price. At the end, he gave you a lame excuse because of sentimental reason... Just give him the benefit of the doubt and move on...
    I'm moving on, but a seller's regret is no excuse for his actions. I believe he would have checked the market rate before posting the price in the BnS section. And we all know, 2300 is definitely not below market price. So, there is really no reason to condone his behaviour, I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by SiaOLiaO View Post
    I'm moving on, but a seller's regret is no excuse for his actions. I believe he would have checked the market rate before posting the price in the BnS section. And we all know, 2300 is definitely not below market price. So, there is really no reason to condone his behaviour, I feel.
    Actually I feel that you gave in too much to him already, until the point where, since you keep agreeing to his demands to raise the prices, he also confused whether he can still sell higher or not.

To me, put a price down, is a price down. After posting then want to negotiate price, I will not fight with another fellow CS after the same item (who knows whether genuine offer or am I just bidding against myself). Unless it's really that cheap, but if it is then loads of people will be going after the same item already. I also not interested in those bidding wars.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomRambler View Post
    Why would it be cumbersome to prove that an "agreement" has been made?
    I mean,
    legally speaking.. a contract should be formed once
    there is an offer (which was established by the seller offering a price to his lens to the buyer directly) and the buyer communicates his acceptance (which was shown when he agreed through SMS to the buyer).

that's how i would see it. And by right, i would think TS has every right to bring action against the seller for a breach of contract. I'm not studying law, so dont quote me fully on this, this is just what i read on business law.

Although, on the other hand, i dont know whether bringin such small matter up to court is worth the money. HAHA. okay, just my personally opinions.
    Not in Singapore i'm afraid. You can't execute a "contract" legally over SMS due to the fact that nothing is signed on the dotted line hence nothing holds the seller legally bound to execute the deal. Furthermore, it can't be proven that the person who picked up the phone and the one who set up the deal in B&S is one and the same individual. It takes a lot of hassle to prove these things, not worth the cost of a legal fee and time spent in court unlike in America where you can sue for thousands.

I was selling my lens and this buyer confirmed with me on the price, half hour after posting.

Than he went mia for a few days, smsed called and he never reply.

I reposted on the sell forum and he ""appeared" telling me he did not bring his phone out, for two days....benefit of doubts was given to him.

So we confirmed a timing and before going down sms him and did not reply again....

After an hour from the actual meeting time, he say he don want already, his cousin or someone given him the exact lens....

I think this buyer reserved lens for a few days and at the same time looking for a cheaper deal else where, so when he found a cheaper one, he aeroplane me...
    Last edited by ohok1973; 20th April 2010 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohok1973 View Post
    I was selling my lens and this buyer confirmed with me on the price, half hour after posting.

I reposted on the sell forum and he ""appeared" telling me he did not bring his phone out, for two days....benefit of doubts was given to him.

So we confirmed a timing and before going down sms him and did not reply again....

After an hour from the actual meeting time, he say he don want already, his cousin or someone given him the exact lens....

I think this buyer reserved lens for a few days and at the same time looking for a cheaper deal else where, so when he found a cheaper one, he aeroplane me...
    Next time when someone disappeared, just sell the item to the next in line. And if there is not a next in line, then you have nothing to lose (so to speak). Always ask to deal at a place convenient to you so if the person backs out in the last minute, you won't have to wait a trip.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Who??
    indie

thats why i dun reserved a lens to anyone.. purely first come first serve...

Clubsnap administrators should really implement a trade reputation rating system identical to VR-Zone for the regular buyers and sellers other than traders.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Clubsnap administrators should really implement a trade reputation rating system identical to VR-Zone for the regular buyers and sellers other than traders.
    we had it what......

but it 's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    i agree on this. on a general perspective,potential buyer/seller can gauge the intergrity of a person prior to dealing
    Fun in photography is inFinity
    My Flickr

we had it what......

but it 's gone.
    cos nightmare acculmulated too much ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    cos nightmare acculmulated too much ratings.
    maybe.... hrm.

i don't know how much volume i have in B&S, but i think around 10 or so?

mostly selling old stuff like bags and rangefinders that didn't quite work out for me, actually.

we had it what......

but it 's gone.
    Because someone started rating xmm and then it all went downhill from there... ?

To Mr Siao Liao,

I think you got misunderstanding. The len is still with me now even though that time we have made a deal. My intention was not to jack up the price but last minute decided to hold back. The brand new len is still in my possession.

As a seller, i have every right to decide the call off of the deal since we are not signing contract. Last minute change as i found after spending so much money on this len and not using it while maintaining at mint condition is a bit waste of money as it was purchased only 3 to 4 months ago.

So please do respect seller's point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by dslrguy View Post
    To Mr Siao Liao,

I think you got misunderstanding. The len is still with me now even though that time we have made a deal. My intention was not to jack up the price but last minute decided to hold back. The brand new len is still in my possession.

As a seller, i have every right to decide the call off of the deal since we are not signing contract. Last minute change as i found after spending so much money on this len and not using it while maintaining at mint condition is a bit waste of money as it was purchased only 3 to 4 months ago.

So please do respect seller's point of view.
    if you don't want to sell, don't sell.

don't put your lens out on the market to float and test and then jerk people around, before withdrawing your bid, especially when people have agreed to deal, etc. understandably perhaps there was no real harm done because there was no time wasted on meetups , etc. still it is extremely frustrating on the buyer's end to feel like someone is jerking them around - first up the price nonstop, then not sell eventually.

when you buy lenses you must be prepared to take capital losses. it is like buying a car. the moment you buy it, the value drops.

you ask people to respect seller's point of view, in reply i will ask you to respect others as a thinking human being. there is a brain, he has to think. i do not see any problem in his reaction and judgement of how the situation is like. obviously you will paint it as "i have a right to not sell"..

next time please propose to your girlfriend, and then a few days later tell her that you changed your mind to marry her because she is too fat, unless she loses 2 kg of weight. so she loses it, and then you tell her that you want her to lose 2 kg more.. and then after starving herself half to death, you tell her that you're not marrying her after all because you want to keep your bachelorhood. yes, it's your right to choose not to marry, but everyone has the right to judge that you are a numbskull in THAT scenario. the same applies here.
    Last edited by night86mare; 20th May 2010 at 06:53 AM.

Hmm.. you missed out this part.., a few days later, tell her that you withdrew your offer becoz you suddenly feel that you are too handsome and deserve a more pretty partner...........................

next time please propose to your girlfriend, and then a few days later tell her that you changed your mind to marry her because she is too fat, unless she loses 2 kg of weight. so she loses it, and then you tell her that you want her to lose 2 kg more.. and then after starving herself half to death, you tell her that you're not marrying her after all because you want to keep your bachelorhood. yes, it's your right to choose not to marry, but everyone has the right to judge that you are a numbskull in THAT scenario. the same applies here.

when you buy lenses you must be prepared to take capital losses. it is like buying a car. the moment you buy it, the value drops.
    agreed. this is a very definitive and comprehensive for everyone to understand. unless seller is a 10year old.
    Fun in photography is inFinity
    My Flickr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast