Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Architectural + Cityscape Photography #1

Default Re: Architectural + Cityscape Photography #1

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post

[/CENTER]
    Hi Kit. Will you be kind enough to share the exif data on these 2 photos?

Also, kindly note that we will be meeting outside the Starbucks at 1st storey of One Fullerton, not at the Starbucks under the bridge.
    you might get gatecrasher...

Hi people, first of all got to apologize as I have to postpone this Saturday's shoot. I'm taking a longer than usual time to recover from a laser procedure I did earlier this week for the eye and am currently visual impaired. I can't see anything further than the computer screen right now. Am informing you guys earlier so that you can plan for alternatives. Apologies again. I will inform of the date we can have this outing sometime next week. Thanks!

[QUOTE=Kit;6035988]Of course you can join.

I need to pu you in the reserve list since Odyssey-Boy was before you but you are first on the list because r00ki3 can;t confirm if he can attend.

Participants:
    1. wildcat
    2. Gokula Giridaran
    3. tavy
    4. DM +1
    5. The +1
    6. Chilli Crab
    7. Dleugene
    8. CK
    9. ethanwind
    10. Odyssey-Boy

Reserves:
    1. Kam289
    2. r00ki3

hi im newbe. did still have a slot.. can i join?? glennaguilar

Hi people, first of all got to apologize as I have to postpone this Saturday's shoot. I'm taking a longer than usual time to recover from a laser procedure I did earlier this week for the eye and am currently visual impaired. I can't see anything further than the computer screen right now. Am informing you guys earlier so that you can plan for alternatives. Apologies again. I will inform of the date we can have this outing sometime next week. Thanks!
    No prob. Hope your eye is okay.. it sounds bad.

nvm, rest well, see you in the next outing.

hi~ no problem. u hv a good rest~

Ya np .... take care

Np, take a rest first

I heard the Helix bridge is launching this Sat~ There will be fireworks too!

Kit,

Hope you'll be back shooting soon! Take care, don't strain your eyes on the computer too long.

Cheers!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Thanks people!! Until next time

Oh no ... Kit, rest well and recover fully!

Thanks DM, I should be good for next weekend.

Howdy people!!! Eye is getting better by the day so I can fix a date for the shoot again. It will be next Saturday (1st May 2010) at 5:30pm.

Please cinfurm your attendance and if you can't make it, kindly remove your name from the list so the reserves can fill in. Thanks!!

Participants:
    1. wildcat
    2. Gokula Giridaran
    3. tavy
    4. DM +1
    5. The +1
    6. Chilli Crab
    7. Dleugene
    8. CK
    9. ethanwind
    10. Odyssey-Boy

Reserves:
    1. Kam289
    2. r00ki3
    3. glennaguilar

Quote Originally Posted by dleugene View Post
    Hi Guys,

What the recommended lens to use?
    Answering the earlier questions.

A wide anle lens would be the natural choice for this shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    Hi Kit. Will you be kind enough to share the exif data on these 2 photos?
    The reason why I don't usually share EXIF data is because I never believed that reading a set of numbers can yield good results without experiencing how these numbers work for you at the time of shooting the photos.

Believe it or not, its not difficult to get the "correct" settings on your camera at all once you take care of the basics. For sityscapes, using aperture priority mode and setting to a smaller aperture is the norm, follow by setting to a low ISO for a cleaner image. What else is there? Not much if you asked me. If a scene doesn't have tricky lighting, you most probably have only about 1 stop to adjust with. Thats just 3 clicks of the compensation dial either way unless you want to go further with your experimentations.

The challenge to any good photos is then being weighted on how well you can marry these settings to the ambient light you have (both quality and quantity). Many people failed not because they couldn't operate the camera, its because they can't recognise good ambient lighting and react to them, to take full advantage of the available lighting. I can't say this enough when people ask why my photos are not sharp, why my photos are so dull, etc. Taking weak compositional skills out of the equation, failure to recognise good ambient lighting is the no.2 killer of cityscape photography.

Mind you, I'm not saying that knowing how the camera works is not important but that's not all there is to it and its easier than most people imagine so don't fret too much about settings if you've got the basics covered already.

cya guys next week then !

Thanks Kit. Good to know there's only three settings to get a good photo. Anything else is the photographer issue

I also agree with learn, apply, then find out what went wrong, and try again. Shutter count is cheap (at least on my cheapo camera)
    But I have to say, studying other people's work is part of understanding what made something right, and what you did wrong. In that sense, I think knowing EXIF can help one err... reverse engineer a photo.

See you next Sat. ;-)
    Last edited by wildcat; 25th April 2010 at 07:06 PM.

The reason why I don't usually share EXIF data is because I never believed that reading a set of numbers can yield good results without experiencing how these numbers work for you at the time of shooting the photos.

Believe it or not, its not difficult to get the "correct" settings on your camera at all once you take care of the basics. For sityscapes, using aperture priority mode and setting to a smaller aperture is the norm, follow by setting to a low ISO for a cleaner image. What else is there? Not much if you asked me. If a scene doesn't have tricky lighting, you most probably have only about 1 stop to adjust with. Thats just 3 clicks of the compensation dial either way unless you want to go further with your experimentations.

The challenge to any good photos is then being weighted on how well you can marry these settings to the ambient light you have (both quality and quantity). Many people failed not because they couldn't operate the camera, its because they can't recognise good ambient lighting and react to them, to take full advantage of the available lighting. I can't say this enough when people ask why my photos are not sharp, why my photos are so dull, etc. Taking weak compositional skills out of the equation, failure to recognise good ambient lighting is the no.2 killer of cityscape photography.

Mind you, I'm not saying that knowing how the camera works is not important but that's not all there is to it and its easier than most people imagine so don't fret too much about settings if you've got the basics covered already.
    thank you so much for sharing this.
    btw.... is your reserve limited to just 3 persons?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast