Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quality of image camera to pc

Default Re: Quality of image camera to pc

Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    Does Matte or Glossy screen matters too? On my glossy camera LCD, the pics somehow looks more vibrant than when I view the pics on my callibrated matte 24" LCD. Is it all in my mind?
    IMHO, i think it does. Look at photos with glossy finishing vs matt finishing. You will see the difference. Most people will find glossy photos more attractive. Am I right? Ths same should be for monitor screens.

Quote Originally Posted by glennaguilar View Post

bro this is what i said.. this is a picture of my GF.. from the left image.. e i enhance using picasa brightness and saturation filling lucky button.. from the right the original image from my camera.. most of my image are always the same.. the left image. are almost the same image from my camera lcd.. coz im shooting using VIVID. the how come the color are lost and brightness..
    like what others said, learn how to use the histogram to guide you, the color in an underexposed photo is always dull, the color will become more vivid when you get the exposure right.

do not trust both your camera LCD screen, and also your PC monitor before calibration, it can be that your PC monitor is wayyyyyy off, google "monitor calibration" and learn more.

sometimes.. i go shooting with my friends using d3000.. we shoot same image. but different. result. like the picture above. but not so big difference..
    when you two shooting together, were you using exacrly the same settings? i.e. shutter speed, aperture, iso, picture contro etc etc, if yes, the final photo should not differ that much. if you were using Auto or A or S mode, difference in framing the photo may affect the metering in diff camera.

[QUOTE=miaoteh;6035025]like what others said, learn how to use the histogram to guide you, the color in an underexposed photo is always dull, the color will become more vivid when you get the exposure right.

normally what settings i need to use to improve the quality of my photo. how to get my exposure right. help me CS family.. give some tips please.

[QUOTE=glennaguilar;6035405]
    Quote Originally Posted by miaoteh View Post
    like what others said, learn how to use the histogram to guide you, the color in an underexposed photo is always dull, the color will become more vivid when you get the exposure right.

normally what settings i need to use to improve the quality of my photo. how to get my exposure right. help me CS family.. give some tips please.
    there are no magic setting, just learn how to use histogram and judge from there, if the photo is underexposed, change settings (shutter speed, aperture or iso) to increase the exposure, and change settings to decrease the exposure if the photo is overexposed, as simple as that.

bro this is what i said.. this is a picture of my GF.. from the left image.. e i enhance using picasa brightness and saturation filling lucky button.. from the right the original image from my camera.. most of my image are always the same.. the left image. are almost the same image from my camera lcd.. coz im shooting using VIVID. the how come the color are lost and brightness..
    The original pic on the right looks quite underexposed. When a pic is underexposed it will lose its color accuracy and saturation. How about your outdoor pictures? Are they having the same problem?

sorry exif?
    Exif is the info embeded in the digital photo and contains the camera settings for the shots. It is important for us to see the Exif data to help diagnose your problem. Just resize your original pic, save as jpeg, and post it straight. Do not "save for web" if you're using Photoshop, or "strip" away the Exif if you're using other editing software. We'll be able to see it if it is left inside the pic.
    Last edited by ziploc; 21st April 2010 at 12:22 AM.

yah i read that.. how to do it??
    WB i always using auto..
    under exposed?
    Read about correct exposure. That's the very basics of photography. There is is very nice book available also in library: "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. Get it, read it, learn from there. It will also cover White Balance.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    The original pic on the right looks quite underexposed. When a pic is underexposed it will lose its color accuracy and saturation. How about your outdoor pictures? Are they having the same problem?

hi this is my outdoor shooting.. it still under expose..
    settings
    f/11
    1/500 sec
    iso 250
    metring mode - pattern
    set-up P program.

is there anything like i adjust the exposure Compensation but the background will be brighter also.

f/10
    1/400
    iso 256

and its very sunny.. just wondering why my image is like this.
    Last edited by glennaguilar; 21st April 2010 at 11:19 AM.

[QUOTE=miaoteh;6036806]

there are no magic setting, just learn how to use histogram and judge from there, if the photo is underexposed, change settings (shutter speed, aperture or iso) to increase the exposure, and change settings to decrease the exposure if the photo is overexposed, as simple as that.

ok tnx bro..

hi this is my outdoor shooting.. it still under expose..
    settings
    f/11
    1/500 sec
    iso 250
    metring mode - pattern
    set-up P program.

is there anything like i adjust the exposure Compensation but the background will be brighter also.
    subject in back lighting,
    solution: get close or zoom in take meter reading from the face, lock the exposure, recompose and take the shot
    or
    +1 1/2 to 2EV
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

f/10
    1/400
    iso 256

and its very sunny.. just wondering why my image is like this.
    outside is sunny, but you and your model is under shade

[IMG]http://www.***********.com.sg/ecommerce/product_images/145_1.jpg[/IMG]

spend some time read this book, the best investment in photography you can find.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    [IMG]http://www.***********.com.sg/ecommerce/product_images/145_1.jpg[/IMG]

spend some time read this book, the best investment in photography you can find.
    tnx catchlights.. im gonna find this book. by the ways. where i can find it?

hi glen,

Don't shoot in P mode unless you are familiar with the Set Picture Control. For the time being, try out in Auto (Dial Setting) and in Cam Menu, ensure WB is in auto, Picture Quality in Fine and Color Space set to sRGB. Hope it helps.

In P mode: there is no auto-flash; you have to manually select 'flash'. P mode allows user to adjust finer settings to the image quality. If left in default settings, the pictures will turn out dull all the time.
    Last edited by khock520; 21st April 2010 at 12:58 PM.

Try the national library. I have seen it there. Regarding the indoor photo, I think you should drop the saturation slightly to recover the details in the flowers and hair.

I think you can forget about borrow it from NLB

Title Understanding exposure / Bryan Peterson. Author Peterson, Bryan F. Publisher New York : Amphoto, 1990. Physical Description 144 p. : col. ill. ; 29 cm. Notes Includes index. Search by Subjects Photography Exposure. Where to find it

Branch Location Date Call Number Status Repository Used Book Collection ____ 20-11-03 English 771 PET -[ART] In Transit Sembawang Public Library ____ 15-04-10 English 771 PET -[ART] On Loan Toa Payoh Public Library ____ 05-01-04 English 771 PET -[ART] Missing
    you able to find it at Best-selling photography books for sale!

or

Riceball: Understand Exposure in Stock NOW!

hope this help.

as many bros suggested, time to read up some basics about photography, read the books suggested, and join the outings in CS, i'm sure you will be able to learn many things from outings.

http://catalogue.nlb.gov.sg:80/cgi-b...2+12385042+8+1

Most copies are on loan. It depends on your luck I guess

Quote Originally Posted by miaoteh View Post
    as many bros suggested, time to read up some basics about photography, read the books suggested, and join the outings in CS, i'm sure you will be able to learn many things from outings.

tnx bro.. i read abit from the net. technique,how to. but still not enough. yes i want to join.. how?
    sorry for asking alot.. just want to learn from you all..
    tnx every body..

Quote Originally Posted by kaixiang View Post
    http://catalogue.nlb.gov.sg:80/cgi-b...2+12385042+8+1

Most copies are on loan. It depends on your luck I guess
    the library nearest me was on loan also..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast