Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else already affected by flight cancellations due to volcanic ash?

Default Anyone else already affected by flight cancellations due to volcanic ash?

Have colleagues who are stuck in Paris cos the airspace has been shut down...

Man...I sure hope the volcano decides its had its fun, and stop spewing anymore

I dun even dare to book my ferry tickets and trains in Greece/Turkey now for my trip the week after, altho my accommodation has all been booked...

Fingers crossed...

Default Re: Anyone else already affected by flight cancellations due to volcanic ash?

Quote Originally Posted by boroangel View Post
    Have colleagues who are stuck in Paris cos the airspace has been shut down...

Man...I sure hope the volcano decides its had its fun, and stop spewing anymore

I dun even dare to book my ferry tickets and trains in Greece/Turkey now for my trip the week after, altho my accommodation has all been booked...

Fingers crossed...
    I really hoped you got a contingency plan on hand.

Azeri-Press Agency (APA) - "Doomsday Cloud" Approaches Turkey.
    At 2010.04.17, 1242 hours.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Default Re: Anyone else already affected by flight cancellations due to volcanic ash?

Volcano in question.

CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    I really hoped you got a contingency plan on hand.

Azeri-Press Agency (APA) - "Doomsday Cloud" Approaches Turkey.
    At 2010.04.17, 1242 hours.
    Yea that sucks...dun really have a contingency plan. The only way is probably to cancel the flights and the accommodation. Spent a LOT of time planning for the trip, researching the places to visit and accom etc, just very worried.

i might be affected, i hope my flight doesn't get cancelled, but there's still a week or so to go.

this is quite funny though

TV presenter Dan Snow is using five rigid inflatable boats to help people who are stranded in France by carrying people from Calais to Dover throughout Sunday

half my c;ass is stranded back in their home countries, earliest flight back to europe being 28/4, with some as late as 5/5
    eat. drink. shoot

If worst comes to worst, there is always the direct railway line from...

• Vladivostok --> Moscow

• Moscow --> Cologne

• Cologne --> Brussels

• Brussels --> London
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

time to fly to dubai and row sampan to london

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    If worst comes to worst, there is always the direct railway line from...

• Vladivostok --> Moscow

• Moscow --> Cologne

• Cologne --> Brussels

• Brussels --> London

Singapore --> London by railway is also possible..

Anybody here able to pronounce the name of the volcano?
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

yes come to dubai. i bring you smoke shisha whilst waiting for ash to settle down.

Blog Entries

dubai - vienna Tues morning ..... keeping fingers crossed
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

hi, i have rented my sampan

going to start rowing tomorrow, wish me luck.

CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

seems like clearing, a few airlines are releasing their flights tmr from asia.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    seems like clearing, a few airlines are releasing their flights tmr from asia.
    A number of cancelled flights managed to be cleared for departure to Europe yesterday .
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 21st April 2010 at 03:09 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

I am enjoyning my extended stay in the UK, just that my nose is dirty from the black ash dust I keep breathing in.........

Hong Sien

eeeee you dig your nose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast