Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: What do you guys think?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    267

    Default What do you guys think?

    Please give you opinions about this post processing. Would like to find out if this is generally acceptable.

    I'll share the workflow if it interests anyone.

    Original Pic



    Processed Pic

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    706

    Default

    There is nothing wrong with the post processing, really depends on what you are trying to portray thats all...

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    i like this! care to share your workflow?

  4. #4

    Default

    yap share your workflow. Interested as well thanks

  5. #5

    Default

    Cool ! Look like picture in comics. Share the work flow?

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Default

    nice. kind to share your work flow?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimtong
    yap share your workflow. Interested as well thanks
    Thanks for your opinions and interests guys. I used Photoshop 6 for the processing.


    Here's the workflow:-

    1. Open your picture.

    2. Layer > Duplicate Layer > OK. You can use the default new filename.

    3. Image > Adjustments > Desaturate.
    Your new layer will become B&W.

    4. Filter > Stylize > Find Edges. Layer will turn into B&W sketch.

    5. At Layer Tab on the right. Click on arrow on normal, it will open up a list of effects. I used Pin Light for the above picture. Try various effects to suit you liking.

    6. Having chosen the effect. Go to the Opacity and Fill sliders to blend in your original picture. I used Opacity 68 and Fill 90.

    7. Happy with the effect you want? Go to Layer > Flatten Image.

    8. Save your new processed picture, preferably with a new filename to maintain your original. You're done.

    Happy Editing.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by berryhappy
    nice!
    Thanks, visited your website. Very nice wedding photos and professional services you're offering.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Oh, Freo... You're back from Perth already?

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pascalc
    Oh, Freo... You're back from Perth already?
    Hi pascalc,

    Left Perth on 27/03, in Melbourne now. Will be returning to Sg on 03/04.

    Apologies, could not catch up with you while in Perth. Friends made arrangements to bring me around. Hardly had time to relax except in the nights.

    Thanks for your hospitality anyway . Perhaps on my next visit will make it a point to look you up. Experienced 2 very hot days there, 41C. Never knew that temperature could get so high in Petth.

    Ian - thanks to you too.
    Regards

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokin
    Thanks, visited your website. Very nice wedding photos and professional services you're offering.
    Thank you.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokin
    Hi pascalc,

    Left Perth on 27/03, in Melbourne now. Will be returning to Sg on 03/04.

    Apologies, could not catch up with you while in Perth. Friends made arrangements to bring me around. Hardly had time to relax except in the nights.

    Thanks for your hospitality anyway . Perhaps on my next visit will make it a point to look you up. Experienced 2 very hot days there, 41C. Never knew that temperature could get so high in Petth.

    Ian - thanks to you too.
    Regards
    Weather's been pretty cooling of late except for this weekend

    Anyway, hope you enjoyed your time in Aust...

    Should be home by now! Take care.


  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pascalc
    Weather's been pretty cooling of late except for this weekend

    Anyway, hope you enjoyed your time in Aust...

    Should be home by now! Take care.

    Yes, I'm home. Enjoyed myself thoroughly in Aust especially Perth. As a Singaporean, food was always on my mind. Good food at Chinese, Vietnamese Restaurants in town, and had plenty of snacking at Morley.

    Boardwalk was interesting. Oystsers, fish n chips at Cicerello's is "still the best".

    Will definitely visit again.
    Cheers

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokin
    Hi pascalc,

    Experienced 2 very hot days there, 41C. Never knew that temperature could get so high in Petth.

    Ian - thanks to you too.
    Regards
    Hi Nokin, it's a shame we didn't get a chance to meet up and yes it was pretty warm wasn't it.

    Next time perhaps!

    Cheers
    Ian
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Hi Nokin, it's a shame we didn't get a chance to meet up and yes it was pretty warm wasn't it.

    Next time perhaps!

    Cheers
    Ian
    Ian, definitely next time and soon too. Ya, sure was hot.
    Don't know if you received the SMS which I sent to you while I was there telling you of my tight schedule.

    Thanks again

  17. #17

    Default

    share, share, share...

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khairi
    share, share, share...
    Don't think my pics are good enough to be posted for viewing

    Give me a couple of days, I'll post a few.

  19. #19

    Default

    Ur pics not good for viewing?

    I think i'm no better...but who cares...i'm here to learn to correct my weaknesses...i've posted a few shots in this forum and so far no comments...kind of creepy when people look and said nothing about it... ha ha...i'll still post my shots, good or bad. Cos i've finally decided to go a little serious about photography.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khairi
    Ur pics not good for viewing?

    I think i'm no better...but who cares...i'm here to learn to correct my weaknesses...i've posted a few shots in this forum and so far no comments...kind of creepy when people look and said nothing about it... ha ha...i'll still post my shots, good or bad. Cos i've finally decided to go a little serious about photography.
    khairi, I posted a few pictures HERE for your viewing. Don't think they're good compared to some you see here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •