Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Thread: fashion photographer ?

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauLEE
    Fully agreed with you. For those ppl experienced with digicam, we know he is tokin elementary knowledge but for many others, "If the processor is not fast enough, then the buffer cannot be cleared quickly so you cannot take a consequent shot" it sounds very professional and intellectual. That's the whole point, making it sounds so pro.
    Anyway i think Canon cams shd stick to print ads instead of radio since photog is related to eyes and not ears! everytime i hear this ad, i change channel ... sounds so depressing to mi ears.
    Watch TV loh... it's about eyes not ears.

  2. #22

    Default

    i dont care who the hell is he human or not. yes when u are sponsered by a certain company or not he/she shld speak/promote that company's products but at the way the ad has done. the way he says until like canon is the only processor that is good etc/

    there are so many good ads by other companies,whether photography related or not, that do not have ppl speaking on radio and promoting it like it is the only manufacturer aka wee khim.

    he sounds like only canon cameras are good and the rest all CMI

    there are better ways of promoting products. not the way this whatever fashion cameraman has done.


    he is at best factually correct

    i prefer an company use its reputation and products to speak for its self.
    look at d2h's ad on mags etc. speaks for itself although some feel the sensor is overhyped but that's another story.

    lame attempt canon!

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acetylcholine
    there is this super annoying radio ad on mediacorp featuring this so called fashion photographer wee kim. not sure if he really exists or not.

    honestly i feel this guy isnt anywhere near professional. i feel that as a professional photographer, he shld be neutral and not go ard promoting canon as his choice of camera and selling the digic chip that canon uses

    everytime he sounds like as if he knows everything, the way he talks, choice of words is extremely annoying!

    i am not afraid to say because of this ad i dismiss canon as a manufacturer
    at least nikon does not resort to this kind of shameless ad

    so sony should be be on your list of hated brands too? Steal a guy (steve) who used F100's exclusively in his work and shoots on film to advertise for them (828 digital)

    come on. give canon a break.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by showtime
    so sony should be be on your list of hated brands too? Steal a guy (steve) who used F100's exclusively in his work and shoots on film to advertise for them (828 digital)

    come on. give canon a break.

    waht do u mean?

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acetylcholine
    waht do u mean?
    Hes referring to http://www.stevemccurry.com/ if i am not wrong.

    Chill my friend. Nothing to get worked up over. I am a nikon user. Not anywhere near pro level but hell if you sponsor me with Canon gear...i will also sing its praises.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,719

    Default

    hey relax. this is common.
    Wee Khim is sponsered by Canon.
    Geoff is sponsered by Olympus.

    Nothing wrong with advertising.
    How i wish i have a camera maker sponsering me... (wait long long) even konica-minolta I also dun mind ok.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twilo
    Hes referring to http://www.stevemccurry.com/ if i am not wrong.

    Chill my friend. Nothing to get worked up over. I am a nikon user. Not anywhere near pro level but hell if you sponsor me with Canon gear...i will also sing its praises.
    you are not wrong.
    plain simple advertising. The photographer talks about how good the camera is... whether u and i agree with it is another thing altogether. but hey, totally legit if i might say.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default

    I thought we don't take ads seriously.

    We hear the ads but not listen to them. We watch the ads but not seeing them whether they are Canon or Konica or Great Wall.

    The only time our eyes pop open is when we see or hear "50% discount for all brands this week at...........".

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acetylcholine
    there is this super annoying radio ad on mediacorp featuring this so called fashion photographer wee kim. not sure if he really exists or not.

    honestly i feel this guy isnt anywhere near professional. i feel that as a professional photographer, he shld be neutral and not go ard promoting canon as his choice of camera and selling the digic chip that canon uses

    everytime he sounds like as if he knows everything, the way he talks, choice of words is extremely annoying!

    i am not afraid to say because of this ad i dismiss canon as a manufacturer
    at least nikon does not resort to this kind of shameless ad


    Several commercial photographers are *sponsored* so that there is nothing wrong with them recommending/selling/advertising the products. Russell Wong is also a Canon spokesman.

    Steve McCurry speaks favourably of his Nikon.

    There is no reason to be offended by a spokesman unseemingly know it all speech. Could be a script they are required to say on air.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acetylcholine
    i dont care who the hell is he human or not. yes when u are sponsered by a certain company or not he/she shld speak/promote that company's products but at the way the ad has done. the way he says until like canon is the only processor that is good etc/

    there are so many good ads by other companies,whether photography related or not, that do not have ppl speaking on radio and promoting it like it is the only manufacturer aka wee khim.

    he sounds like only canon cameras are good and the rest all CMI

    there are better ways of promoting products. not the way this whatever fashion cameraman has done.


    he is at best factually correct

    i prefer an company use its reputation and products to speak for its self.
    look at d2h's ad on mags etc. speaks for itself although some feel the sensor is overhyped but that's another story.

    lame attempt canon!
    i never hear about the radio thinie but i will be shooting with him within this month, i will let him know about how you feel ok? cool down man, canon gives him products now and then, so he needs to 'do his job' too! anyway Wee Kim uses other cameras too for his work.

  11. #31

    Default

    don't you guys realise that this guy just plain hates canon and likes nikon.

    i mean,

    what's with "we take the world's best photographs ?"

    same thing right.

    it's just advertising.

  12. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sequitur
    don't you guys realise that this guy just plain hates canon and likes nikon.

    i mean,

    what's with "we take the world's best photographs ?"

    same thing right.

    it's just advertising.
    lots of canon haters around, o well! one man's meat is another poison!

  13. #33

    Default

    give the fashion photog a Nikon sponsorship and he'll say the same thing as for Canon.

    big deal.

  14. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er
    Yes Wee Khim does exist. U can see his works at Her World, 8 Days..etc

    Well I didnt hear what he said, but i am sure what he said is his opinion. As long as Canon is his choice of camera. Very likely Canon sponsors him and if that is the case, he has to promote Canon.
    you can also catch him at Ruby photo at times too.

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sequitur
    don't you guys realise that this guy just plain hates canon and likes nikon.

    i mean,

    what's with "we take the world's best photographs ?"

    same thing right.

    it's just advertising.

    Yah lah. Relax lah. Canon or Nikon...only a camera.

  16. #36

    Default

    I wouldn't mind plugging a product if they sponsered me. It's hard enough being a photographer why not earn something extra from your fame?

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The heart of the Abyss
    Posts
    2,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cash
    give the fashion photog a Nikon sponsorship and he'll say the same thing as for Canon.

    big deal.
    Frankly, this depends on the person and the product. I seriously doubt Linus or Bruce Perens would become a spokesman for MS even if MS gave them $10million..

  18. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    Frankly, this depends on the person and the product. I seriously doubt Linus or Bruce Perens would become a spokesman for MS even if MS gave them $10million..
    of cos not. The Nikon chairman would never speak up for Canon products vice versa.

    It's W.K we r toking about.

  19. #39

    Default

    yeah acetylcholine

    if nikon sponsors you with a D2H, a D100, 70-200 VR 80-400 VR 12-24 blah blah blah

    then one day they say

    go on the radio and tell them how good the LBCast sensor is

    you'd better reject their sponsorship then.

  20. #40

    Default

    it's not about the fact that he is advertising for canon for crying out loud....
    it's the way he talks in the god damned ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •