Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Exposure doubts

Default Re: Exposure doubts

Quote Originally Posted by rysouke View Post
    So you know that the cloud is covered the cloud because you look at the shadow of your own and the ground and trees as it is not obvious anymore..am i right to say that?
    Yeap that's right. For digital, you should also learn to read the histogram to help when the exposure is trickier.

Read this: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...se-right.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1 View Post
    Try to use manual mode & play around with spot, centre & matrix metering on the same picture. U should have a better understanding of exposure by then.

Spot metering is good when your concern is solely on a specific subject exposure.
    Matrix is the average of exposure on a picture which might not be what you want sometimes so one need to play around with the setting in the camera.

Correct me if I am wrong. I am just a hobbyist.
    With spot metering you'll need to know where to meter (mid grey areas) or know how to compensate. It is not as straight forward as matrix/evaluative metering. Otherwise your exposure will be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rysouke View Post
    I wish to ask...when i am doing my shooting i notice sometimes some pictures taken are too bright(look fogy or pale white) and some are not .. is that normal? I always use AV mode and the exposure is zero..
    One easy way to get the exposure is to spot meter an 18% grey card under the same facing and lighting condition as your subject, and then use the metered values in manual mode.

I'll normally take a shot and review it on the LCD.

If it's over or under expose, I simply use the Exposure Compensation (i.e. EV) to correct.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234